Reviews

1 ReviewOrdered By: Date
This is a bad movie, but yes, it gets a 9 out of 10.
31 August 2005
You have to know what you're getting into with this movie. I'll break it down for you in 3 simple steps:

1. The acting is horrible, with no exceptions

2. The battle dance scenes are amazingly entertaining

3. The unintentional comedy rates a perfect 10 out of 10

When channel surfing, I will always stop on You Got Served, it cracks me up. You know how you can watch a good movie and notice something new to like about it every time? That's exactly how this movie is, except replace the words "new to like" with "that doesn't make sense". It's almost as if the screenwriters sat down with the expressed purpose of audience confusion.

David is old enough to drive a car? His high school-aged girlfriend is actually a nurse who's going to college? One of his guy friends calls and he answers like it's a phone sex hotline?

An added bonus was Marques Houston on MTV Cribs, he had the movie's poster framed in his living room. Pausing by it mid-tour, Marques looked up with deep, Raging Bullesque reverence, and said, "...and this is the film I was a part of, You Got Served."

All of this makes the movie near unwatchable, but that's the genius of it, because it's so bad that it's good. Do yourself a favor, watch it, and afterward turn to your friends and say, "Tonight, YOU suckas got served."
1 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this