Ruatha

Disgustingly disappointing, 19 May 2005

Just because you can do something, doesn't mean you should. First of all two directors is 1 too many and it shows. both the Aliens and Predator films have a decidedly dark feel to them, smash the two together and you get something akin to dark chocolate mixed with ovaltine - sickening.

There is no plot here - you'll know whats going to happen in the first half hour of the film, which basically exists to set the scene for some pointless and predictable battle scenes, which are anything but dramatic. there is 1 "relationship" twist in the story which is nice, but other than that....uck.

Given the past "installments" fans were expecting something much grander, much more cinematic as opposed to something set in a dingey corner of the earth. I'd rather they had'nt done this at all, now its like that elevator music that I can't get out of my head.

Surprisingly good, 19 May 2005

I was expecting something like "Godsend"...crap family trauma, turned sci-fi horror, but I was very surprised by this. Original and gripping, with a dark overtone and an excellent performance from Julianne Moore - the top billed actress in the film, the rest are mostly unknown to me, with the exception of the policewoman and that guy from CSI NY.

Not top heavy on the special effects, like Blade Trinity which was refreshing. the plot lines have been reasonably well thought out too.

The ending was a little abrupt for my tastes, but wrapped things up nicely, while leaving enough doubt, confusion and curiosity to keep you thinking.