KarinBW

Hothead Lives up to its Promise!, 1 November 2013

My favorite episode of the season so far. Action, romance, tenderness, suspense, menace, fun and drama. Jay Ryan played it across the board in a well acted 50 shades of Vincent: as a menacing beast, action hero, tender man and funny adversary (to Gabe). Jay can convey emotion with an eyebrow lift. The scene in the hospital when he seemingly throws a fit when a memory flash assaults him was brilliantly played. The only criticism I have is the absence of JT played by the effervescent and talented Austin Basis. He is the show's humorous and very human heart and was sorely missed. That aside, all of them did a superb job of trying to reconnect Vincent to his human side again. The theme of pyromaniac beasts played into an ending that very sensitively tapped into a memorable 9/11 homage that was handled with pathos and great sensitivity. Kudos to all involved. Script by the BATB Writers = 10/10. Please watch and reserve judgement until you've seen a number of episodes. Watch all of S1 then tap into S2. You won't regret it! BEST. SHOW. EVER! (and I'm a TVaholic from way back.

Beauty and the Beast: Liar Liar is disarmingly honest!, 1 November 2013

Catherine to Vincent: "That relationship you're remembering? We never lied to each other..." well that's not strictly true but I get it. Awesome end to an awesome episode. Jay Ryan playing Vincent is amazing as the super soldier with no memory, having to regain his memories and trust Catherine again. This show in S2 has become such an emotional roller-coaster. Frustrating, romantic, funny, poignant and suspenseful with lots of action for the boys. There were moments where I could happily have clouted Catherine over the head. I would not have closed the window when Vincent was just starting to remember her. Chemistry is amazing between all characters and it feels so real. You're right there in the room with them in their angst and that's impressive. It takes great acting to convey such raw emotions. No wooden acting here. This show takes you to highs and lows in the space of a breath and keeps you dangling, craving more. Each week gets better. It's not perfect but then TV rarely is. This is way above average and deserves a larger audience. Watch it and see. Give it a shot for several episodes. It gets under your skin and does not let go!

Beauty and the Beast Ep 2 Causes Controversy..., 15 October 2013

Awesome episode with thrills, spills, romance, sex, humor, suspense and 'that' scene. In the context of the episode the scene was relevant and needed, to push the story arc further along. It may just be the catalyst for Vincent to find his humanity. Season 2 is shaping up to be the emotional roller coaster we were promised. Again JT and Tess sizzled with some great and funny dialog. Is there a hint of JT&T in the future? Vincat were hot, sad, playful, sexy and a little confronting. Loving Vincent 2.0. He's the bad boy with a heart of gold. He may be a beast but he can ROAR anytime and anywhere to #Beasties worldwide and they would happily accept his beast side. THE. BEST. SHOW. EVER! If possible this season, it's even better.

Beauty & the Beast 2012 Blasts Back with S2, 6 October 2013

I had to download S2E01 via covert maneuvers because I live in Australia (where we don't get S2 and are not likely to) but all the effort was so worth it! Best season opener ever. It had everything: humor, sadness, tears, hope, a feel of the epic(ness) to come and above all else, the best, most badass and hot Vincent (played brilliantly by Jay Ryan) you could possibly imagine. A vulnerable, totally messed up Catherine (understandable in the circumstances). What would you do to reunite with the love of your life? Kristin Kreuk was amazing in this episode. A tough exterior masking deep, deep hurt and loneliness. Great action sequences, good guys, bad guys, plots within plots. JT (Austin Basis), Tess (Nina Lisandrello) and even Gabe (Sendhil Ramamurthy) were all great foils and provided awesome comic relief. There was no part of this episode I didn't love except for one thing - it was too short. Roll on episode 2. Beauty and the Beast 2012 Rebooted? Bring it! (Watch it on Monday nights at 9pm ET on the CW)

Beauty and the Beast 2012 is the best show ever!, 5 October 2013

I'm a pragmatic ex-cop from Australia who loves TV and have watched lots of shows with many, many great leads, but this show and its two lead characters, Vincent and Catherine, eclipse everything and anything I have ever watched. Their chemistry is off the charts HOT and at its core it is an epic love story with several other elements thrown in like mythology and police procedural. The cop stuff is mostly out the door in S2 as the show immerses itself in the mythology of the beast and his world. JT & Tess are awesome comic sidekicks and their lines are often hilarious. It's smart, modern, funny, sexy and well played by all concerned. Yes a bit clunky in the first few episodes but once past that it turns into a series that has you on the edge of your seat. When Vincent & Catherine finally kissed in S1 Beasties around the world melted. Now S2 is days away and the countdown is excruciating. I have never anticipated or been this excited for a second season this much in my life. It's even turned me into a prolific Vincat fan-fiction writer I've become so obsessed and that's never happened before either. It gets totally under your skin, takes hold and doesn't let you go. Jump on board the #BATBBandwagon. You won't regret it!