qck1

Entertaining and different, 27 November 2015

I find it funny that all of a sudden people expect originality. Even SOA was not particularly new, there are plenty of motorcycle gang movies around. Very few shows are truly original. However, it is different from almost everything else on TV. Yes there are a few movies, but almost all other shows are pretty much the same as some other show on TV. This one is a bit different, and cannot say there is anything that is particularly close that has ever been a TV show. Yes there is Vikings, and Robin Hood, and if you go to movies there is Braveheart, and Rob Roy. If this were a modern era show, I do not think anybody would say it is a knock off. Also, expecting accuracy when not even the modern police shows are accurate. Very little that is created for entertainment is accurate. Vikings, and Outlander are also not particularly accurate. Just admit the show is not to your taste. I do not like the GOdfather, but I will not call it a bad film. Oh there are a few hokey parts, but can say that about practically any show. Still I did enjoy the show, and wish it would be renewed. M

Criminal Activity Condoned, 25 December 2014

Think this episode is interesting because it shows a very bad tendency in American society. Somebody (Finn) does a really evil thing, and because he is supposedly one of us and so he is not held accountable. There should have been no question that he should be held accountable for his actions of murdering so many. Justice is justice. Just because he is one of the spacers (like being American) it is OK for him to be responsible for the deaths of many of the grounders (compare to what is allowed if they were called Arabs). The Moral answer would have been to hold him accountable. There could be considered morality issues with who is responsible for determining his guilt, but his guilt it pretty obvious, so it is easy to determine guilt. What the punishment should be is another issue, but life is pretty cheap on Earth in this period, so death would be reasonable.

Perfect if it was more risqué, 11 September 2014

Pretty interesting, but think they really are missing an opportunity. It is really all about sex, just like Sex and the City, Masters of Sex...but not enough to really get much of a crowd to support it. It is about infidelity, and prostitution. Should just admit that it is for adults, and not be so modest. Don't think too many parents would want their kids watching this, and I don't think this show has a chance because they are too safe. Really just another soap opera, but a bit more extreme. With all the other shows that are more R rated, this just does not have that much to offer. Compare to Masters of Sex. They got a second season. This will not.

So much better than the American version, 18 February 2014

If you like the American version, it is heavily based on this one. However, the acting if far superior in the Swedish-Danish version, in fact I think it is one of the best cast series I have seen. If you can deal with the subtitles this is so much better. As you watch the show characters are introduced that seem to have little to do with the plot, but in a few episodes they become important. This is good in that you start to wonder what this character's involvement as the plot progresses. There is a grittiness to drama that is missing from US shows, with the characters being not such overly made-up dolls. It is interesting to see how the scenery differs from what once is accustomed to in the US.

Just too stupid, 1 October 2013

The pilot moved well, but just could not see the point. Might make a movie but it is a stretch to see this as a weekly show. Also, wouldn't the neighbors notice that something strange was happening at the house, and more than likely the news media would be all over the doctor, and be at the house given the press she has received? Also the Secret Service would more than likely keep a watch on the doctor for her own safety, especially given the notoriety. Hard to believe that this even got out the door. The networks must really be desperate to even consider this show, and to put so much advertising into it. This show deserves a quick death.

Too bad canceled, 24 March 2013

This show started out on the slow side but improved, and you can see that from the ratings. Then the writers started to writing a lot more twists to the story, and the ratings improved. The network never adverted the show, and put it at a bad time. Unfortunately seems like it is very difficult for a scripted show to survive. This show had a lot of possibilities, and would have probably gotten even better with time. Hate those reality shows. They are like watching WWF, equally fake, and ultimately boring. Would be nice if a cable network took it over, and they could make it racier. Doubt it could ever beat out American Horror Story, but maybe get close to Lost. Grimm certainly got better the 2nd season, and think it was because the show got more money, and think more money could make this show much better.

LIttle too much of a Fairy Tale, 9 March 2013

This is a frustrating series. Richard Cypher is consistently unable to make the hard decision. For personal reasons he is unable to make the hard decision, the good of the many for the few. He is extremely naive. Considering the threat of Darken Rahl, the number of people that suffer every day that he lives, allowing him to continue is much more evil than a few lives.. It is only pure luck that things turn out alright. There seems to be a lot of this in television programs, fairy tales. I was a pretty good series, but probably failed because of the weak story lines, it only survived two seasons. However, it this respect if is somewhat consistent with the books it is based on by Terry Goodkind.

Great Entertainment, 24 November 2012

This is probably my favorite show. Never fails to keep my attention. I really like the way they add details about what they are doing. My favorite character is Fiona. Not only do I find her to be about the most attractive woman on TV (nice eye candy), but she has a great edge. Probably my next favorite is Madeline. She is a minor character in the series, but she adds so much humor. I find Michael is Michael, and definitely Jeffrey Donovan does a believable job with his role. Sam is my least favorite of the major characters, but I think Bruce Campbell does a great in this role, and the show would not be the same without him. There has not been a single bad episode, and I have seen all but a couple. I cannot give this a 10, but 9 will be the highest I have given anything.

"Grimm" (2011)
Great Fun, 24 November 2012

It is a fun series that can always provide surprises. Not quite what I originally would have expected. It is always fun to see how the Grimms sort of match the characters. And there are always new Grimms with new attributes. The twists and turns of the series have been great, adding a lot of unknown to the general direction of the show. Seems like they have done a good job of progressing the show to continue to create interest.

There have been some really bad details. At t beginning of season 2 a cable laying ship was supposed to be a container ship, and had to go into the ship to get to the container. Why they did not just go up to Seattle for a real container ship I do not know. Also what is are Portland police doing in the deep forest dealing with murders. Oh well, it is just good fun.

This is a Sci-Fi show. Enjoy, don't expect accuracy, 24 November 2012

A lot of the reviews for this show seems to expect accuracy. Come on, how much fiction involving the military is accurate even when it is a central part of the story. I have read enough military fiction to know that it is horrible as far as accuracy. How many times do you see thousands of bullets fly at the hero and yet is not hit. This is the reason I do not read contemporary military fiction, it has little to do with reality, and TV is worse. This show is very tongue in cheek, and so why expect accuracy, any more than James Bond. Come on, they wanted to come up with a scenario that was extremely unlikely. Attacking Pakistan is about as unlikely as any, yet can come up with a weak rational to make it somewhat believable. This is a Sci-Fi, and should not be taken seriously, any more than faster than light travel. After all what is a nuclear ballistic submarine doing picking of a seal team. Also, what is a submarine doing with enough ordinance and uniforms to look like a combat team? The accuracy of submarine operations is not central in this show. If you have a nuclear submarine you can stay underwater for a hell of a long time, and have plenty supplies to do that. Police shows are horrible in their accuracy, yet people accept it despite the fact that they are supposed to be quite serious. Then there are the White House based stories.

The show actually has a pretty interesting story with lots of twists and turns. It is a great setup for conspiracies, and there is a good bit of action. There is also the issues of the crew dealing with their loyalties, the islanders dealing with being cut off from the world because of the submarine. I find it an interesting story. Compared to the TV show Revolution, it is so much more accurate and interesting.