mysticnox

Page 1 of 7:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [Next]

"Colony" (2016)
Not sure why this has such high ratings, 23 March 2017

Really, it all comes down to one thing... it's another version of The Body Snatchers or the television show V from the 80's (which was frankly done better except for the fx).

Honestly, I'm bored and there really isn't another way to put it.

At least a couple of the male leads are either cute or handsome.

At first it was interesting, 2 February 2017

The housing are interesting, the designs are usually pretty.

There's one big problem though. Tarrek folds like a house of cards every time Christine moves her baby finger. In fact, I find Christine incredibly annoying and I'm at a loss as to how he can even stand her. She is so "high school ditz cheerleader" it's very aggravating. She also seems to have no concept of cost. The only time I can ever imagine her actually doing any work in this show is for the camera. I'm betting that is totally fake. I'm also betting that these two are going to get divorced at some point because he can't stand her attitude anymore.

I could care less about any drama that goes on, all these shows do that. The points of these shows is to get some idea of costs and designs.

Horrible., 1 February 2017

I wasn't expecting the greatest show ever or even something to match the original, but this... this is just so bad. The idea of putting women in this is a terrible one for one thing, but it isn't just that.

The acting is bad, the jokes are not funny. I had a hard time finding anything entertaining about this terrible movie.

And then there's the script. It's like they hired a 12 year old to write it. Why was chewing chips during the first ghost happening supposed to be funny? Or the behavior of the girls "boss" at the Institute they worked at? I can go on but you get the point.

One more point for "not everything needs to be remade".

"Lucifer" (2015)
This show is so awesome, 31 January 2017

It's so bizarre how people freak out over this show. Even the bible doesn't state that the devil is evil, he runs hell. He's still an angel. He punishes evil, he isn't evil himself. Even tempting isn't evil because a person can say no.

Besides, the actor brings soooo much charm to this role. I can't imagine anyone more perfect for this role. The whole reason to watch it is because the actor plays him so well.

And then there's the awesome kick butt of Maze. And the human doctor who is kind of cool with it all.

An all around really good show.

Interesting, 22 November 2016

I have to say this show is not what I expected. After watching this, I'm surprised the royal family doesn't just look at everyone and quit. They're treated like dogs on a leash by parliament and have even less freedom than elected members of government do in other countries. I can't believe anyone, let alone a king, queen, prince, or princess, would ever allow anyone to dictate and control their lives this way. If any of this is true, I don't know how they can even stand to be anywhere near each other or how there hasn't been a recent war of the houses. For gods sakes, they're even told what to wear, how to do their hair, when they have to wake up, where they need to go every day, it's just horrible. And that doesn't even count who can they can or marry, where they can vacation, etc.

Quite frankly, if any of this is true, someone needs to slap Parliament on their behinds like their nasty behavior says they should be.

At this point, I feel rather sorry for the English royals.

Horrible, 20 October 2016

I gave it a two for costumes and it's rocky horror. But this sucks. What were they thinking with the changes to the music and the unnecessary voice changes? The only actor they got right was riff raff. How can you possibly do worse than the original? Completely lack any sort of spark, put a woman in the role of Frank, place it in an old movie house, and have some of the worst acting I've ever seen.

Why would they bring in Adam lambert and not make him frank? And do tell me why Columbia isn't falling all over Eddie.

It's actually painful to watch. And I'm seriously not sure how much more I can stand.

The Intern (2015/I)
I sooooooo love this movie, 14 August 2016

Seriously it's awesome. I wish they didn't make you do ten lines on here because I can say it in less.

I wish that I could work here. It's relaxed it's fun, the boss is totally cool, it's modern and open minded. Really seems like perfect place to work.

I've always liked Anne Hathaway no matter what others say so I really think they chose the perfect person for this role.

What a totally relaxing and unusual movie for this time period. Everything needed like the old classic.

I will be watching again.

Carousel (1956)
Horrible, 16 July 2016

I gave it a 3 due to the music and the incredible voices.

Honestly, it doesn't even deserve that. I understand that it's supposed to take place in the late 1800's, but this is horrid. Even at the time the movie came out women's lib had already begun and I can't believe that any woman would have had the insane mindset of "If he hits you, it means he loves you" as a norm. It wasn't true even then.

Considering that this is Rogers and Hammerstein, I can't believe how bad it really is.

I love musicals, and the old musicals tended to be rather sexist but this took it to a new level.

I don't think the creators ever saw From Dusk Till Dawn, 6 March 2016

It is nothing at all like the movies. And I do mean nothing. There are no similarities. It is much more like Supernatural than From Desk Till Dawn. But even then, there are limits because the actors aren't nearly as charming, attractive and magnetic as Jared Padalecki and Jensen Ackles. The stories aren't nearly as interesting.

Basically... it's something to watch. Take up your time.

I'm at a complete loss as to how in the world this show has such high ratings.

It's as simple, and as sad, as that.

Next time, the creators might like to think up a new name.

How far Hollywood has fallen, 9 January 2016

I loved this book series when I was a kid. When I heard that it was becoming a TV show, I got very excited. How wonderful to finally see one of my favorite childhood novel series coming to life.

Then I watched the show.

Does anyone remember the live action Dungeons and Dragons movie from years ago? That's EXACTLY how this feels.

Basically, MTV cheesed out. It feels amateurish at best, and severely disappointing at worst. I gave it a five because it's the Chronicles of Shannara. The show itself does not deserve a five. At best, it deserves a three. They are trying, I give them that. But this is a fan fic at best. They could have turned this into one heck of a great show but they didn't.

The fact that it's averaging 8.2 at the moment on this site only goes to show how little people have begun to expect from Hollywood and their intense lack of taste and talent.

I really don't think I will be watching another episode. Pity MTV didn't treat this with the respect it deserves.

Page 1 of 7:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [Next]