DarkVulcan29

Page 1 of 63:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [Next]

Great, but I liked Son of God more., 15 December 2014

Another telling of the Moses story, this one really tries a realistic view, but this is another take on the story. Ridley Scott's direction is epic has the movie. And the setting makes the audience feels like your there. And it is visually stunning. And sometimes you'll feel uncomfortable in some scenes, but I guess that was the point.

Christian Bale has Moses I feel like he is sleepwalking through most of this, but for little scenes he's great, but for big scenes he looks like he just giving a dragging performance. Now Joel Edgerton really plays Ramases with such great sutler evilness, I think he plays it better than Bale. Although I did like this movie, but Son Of God was better.

Almost has good., 3 December 2014

The main three from the first film return for another case of zany misadventures. Nick(Jason Bateman), Kurt(Jason Sudeikis) and Dale(Charlie Day) who are idiots, not even smart enough to realize that people think there idiots, they make stupid attempts to gain respect. The three decide to into business for themselves coming up with a shower buddy, just when they think there making it big, there investor(Christoph Waltz) backs out of the deal, the three decide to cut there losses and kidnap the annoying son(Chris Pine) of there investor, but will this plan go well?

Bateman, Sudeikis,and Day are still great in comic form, the three have such funny chemistry, and the zany misadventure they get themselves into is always fun to watch. Jennifer Aniston and Jamie Fox reprising there roles from the first one are also fun. But Chris Pine who looks like he's having too much fun here, really overdoes it in a few scenes. And Christoph Waltz is not giving much to do. I don't think Horrible Bosses is one of those films I'm not sure even needed a sequel, but still was entertaining and funny, almost has good. Kevin Spacey is alright the scenes he's in.

Keeps getting better has it goes on., 28 November 2014

Takes place after the last one, Katniss(Jennifer Lawrence) awakes in District 13 an underground where the rebels live. Katniss is troubled that Peeta(Josh Hutcherson) is captured and is being brainwashed by the evil President Snow(Donald Sutherland). Katniss is chosen to lead the rebellion by President Alma Coin(Julianne Moore). But will Katniss be the hero they need?

Great performances by everybody, I mean nobody stands when it comes to acting, also the futuristic scenery that looks realistic. It ends with you wanting more, cause there will be a part 2 next year. The series gets better has it goes through each movie. Jennifer Lawrence is such a great actress, and really embodies the role of Katniss. Makes me excited for Mockingjay part 2.

Back in comic form, 16 November 2014

Dumb and Dumber(1994) was not a masterpiece, but it never tried to be. It was just a bunch of wacky high jinx, all you have to do is sit back and laugh, that is what the movie is meant to be. I laughed more at this then I did at Anchorman(2004). Jeff Daniels and Jim Carrey do have amazing comic chemistry. I can't really comment on When Harry meet Lloyd(2003) cause I did not see it, how does the sequel hold up?

After 20 years the two lovable dimwits known has Harry and Lloyd(Jeff Daniels and Jim Carrey) are back together, and find themselves once again on a road trip, where once again they encounter one misadventure after another. Which makes you wonder will these two wacky misfits ever get to where to there going?

Almost has good as the first, Jeff Daniels and Jim Carrey still got it, seeing them get back in there characters after 20 years is almost like they never left. They are a lot of more of wacky high jinx , and zany plot twists to keep it entertaining. This type of movie is not gonna win any awards, and is not for everybody. But the title alone can tell you it's not gonna be a great film. It's not a great film, but a funny entertaining film, and sometimes that's all you need.

unlike That's My Boy(2012) and Sex Tape(2014) this was actually funny.

Interstellar succeeds where Transcendence failed., 13 November 2014

It manages to be a science fiction tale, and at the same time stay grounded in realism, Is what Transcendence tried to do, but didn't quite get there. The performances where very Oscar worthy, and none the characters never for once seemed annoyingly one noted, when anybody was happy or sad in the film you where feeling it with them.

Cooper(Matthew McConaughey) a widowed farmer, and former air force pilot, raising two kids, is chosen by NASA to help another place to live for human race, cause the earth is slowly dying. With the heartbreak of having to leave his family. Will Cooper and his launch team succeed before it's too late?

I'm sure the filmmakers did there homework on space travel, cause I don't think there just trying to make another sci-fi adventure, they wanted this to feel grounded in reality has possible. Christopher Nolan never ceases to amaze me as a director, with all his films so far, I'm hoping he never slips up. There are some nods to 2001 a Space Odyssey, but this really stands on its own. This effects are beyond incredible. And great performances by Matthew McConaughey, Anne Hathaway, Michael Caine, and Jessica Chastain.

Big Hero 6 (2014)
The best animation since Wreck It Ralph, 11 November 2014

Story is about a bunch of young college students who are really smart in building things in advancement, decide to become superheroes to stop a super-powered madman from doing serious damage, but the problem is what they have in smarts, they lack in being heroes, will they pull it together and save the day before it's too late?

Great animation, a Japan Marvel comic comes alive, It felt like I was a bunch of Iron Man wannabes, all the actors voice there characters well, and the effects are awesome, It's right up there with Wreck It Ralph, each character has there own personality. The best superhero team since The Avengers, I'm really hoping for a sequel, it ends with you wanting more.

Ouija (2014/II)
Entertaining supernatural thriller., 10 November 2014

Ouija is one of those that feels like an Asian horror film remade for an American audience. And also it feels like a horror film from the 80's. I don't consider this film a great film, not something I would want to own, but has a horror film it does deliver the jump scares.

The young leads in the film are pretty descent, but some of the other characters are hit and miss. The film does have some good twists and turns you sometimes won't see coming, but in some ways if you seen films The Ring(2000), and The Grudge(2004), so maybe Ouija will seem like nothing new, but still an entertaining film. See this movie if you're in the mood for some jump scares.

Fury (2014)
Brilliant gritty film about World War 2, 5 November 2014

Set in 1945, a crazed Sargent(Brad Pitt) takes his troupes and a new recruit(Logan Lerman) into enemy territory, but finds he must man up the new recruit to prepare him for war, and hopes him and his recruits can work together to prepare for battle, but will they come together?

Not since Saving Private Ryan(1998), there has been a very setting of World War 2, It so good at making the audience has uncomfortable as possible. The characters never come off as two likable at times, but it says what war can do to some people. Brad Pitt is great, he has the look in his eyes like he could snap any minute. The performances of Shia LaBeouf, Logan Lerman, and Michael Pena also don't disappoint either. It also has a great setting.

Birdman (2014)
It's not a movie, it's an odyssey, 2 November 2014

Riggan Thompson(Michael Keaton) an actor in his early 60's, who 20 years ago played an iconic superhero titled Birdman and in two sequels, and after leaving the franchise he has fallen on hard times, and now is trying to put his life together, trying a build a relationship with his daughter(Emma Stone) who is a former attic. And also putting together a Raymond Carver play, but quickly starts to lose it with an actor named Mike(Edward Norton) who's trying to steal the spotlight for himself in his play. Will Riggan keep his sanity together, and rebuild his acting career?

I really like this film, it feels less like a movie and more like a journey. Michael Keaton really delivers a tour de force performance, I really don't understand why he is so underrated as an actor, he deserves so much better then what he is giving most of the time. And the other actors are also good like Emma Stone and Edward Norton. Birdman is the best movie of 2014.

Bill Murray and Melissa McCarthy give Oscar worthy performances, 27 October 2014

When this movie is funny, it's very funny, and it's dramatic, it's quite dramatic. Bill Murray and Melissa McCarthy both have proving too act of there range, and I hope they both will be nominated for an Oscar, cause there performances where quite real.

Vincent(Bill Murray) a 60 something year old, who is just really just down on his luck, but one day that all changes when a divorced mother(Melissa McCarthy) and her son(Jaden Lieberher) move next door, Vincent does not want nothing to do with either of them, but finds himself watching the boy, while the mother has to work late. But when Vincent and him begin to bond, how will it change them both.

Naomi Watts is memorable has a Russian pregnant stripper/hooker, steals a lot of the movie any scenes she is in. The scenes with Murray and Lieberher are pretty much the good part of the film, he has an acting ability that defines his years. It's an entertaining bittersweet film.

Page 1 of 63:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [Next]