DarkVulcan29

Page 1 of 81:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [Next]

Not terrible but The Shallows was better., 19 June 2017

The Shallows carefully sets up the main character played by Blake Lively, before she gets in her dangerous situation. But does 47 Meters do the same, well not quite.

Two sisters(Mandy Moore and Claire Holt) while on vacation in Mexico, decide to go cage diving, and are having a beautiful time looking at the under water. But the fun time is shortened, when the line that is holding them in the cage suddenly breaks, and brings them 47 meters down to the ocean. And both struggle to stay alive, and hopes to get out of it before it's too late.

I can't help but feel that the filmmakers felt the film was too long, so it looks like the cut out most of the beginning, that is way the start of the movie looked. And the ending feels like it was re shot cause the filmmakers didn't like the ending, so they re shot another one, that is the way it looked. The characters never feel very established, just thrown in there. Mandy Moore gives an okay performance, but Claire Holt is too stoic and unreal, I had trouble buying that she and Moore where sisters, come across more like old college friends. The film only gets interesting when they get in the water, and the scenes with the sharks where pretty good, and keep you on the edge of your seat. But other than that the film is not that interesting. Go watch Jaws or The Shallows.

Weekend at Bernies meets Bridesmaids, 16 June 2017

Old college friends(Scarlett Johansson, Jillian Bell, Zoe Kravitz, and llano Glazer), decide to spend a good night of fun, and another friend(Kate McKinnon) comes along for the ride. When one of them hires a male stripper, then a fun night soon turns dark when they accidentally kill him. Will they make it out okay?

Nice to Scarlett Johansson do a comedy, she mostly has been in drama or action, but I gotta say she was pretty funny. The other females here also don't disappoint, Bell, Kravitz, Glazer and McKinnon all play off each other quite well. I really brought there friendship, and that they all had a history together. A well done dark comedy, very funny, and raunchy, but not to over the top. I also liked the way the characters where not portrayed in a one dimensional way. If your are looking for a film to see with your friends, then check Rough Night out.

Baywatch (2017)
Very self aware, 14 June 2017

Am I saying Baywatch is a great film, heck no. It's terrible but it knows it's a terrible movie, cause of that I can't seem to give it a lower score. I went in expecting something just has awful as Chips, but in the end it was more amusing. Parts where the movie goes wrong for me is that when the raunchy gags where thrown in, and I can't help but feel that was in at the last minute, and I thought it brought the movie down.

Dwayne Johnson seems to be having the most fun here, as Mitch. Johnson is always a joy to watch, regardless of what role he's playing. Zac Efron is alright has Brody, moments where he wasn't whiny like a little school boy. Alexandra Daddario has Summer, don't get me wrong is beautiful, but wasn't giving much character to play to the point where I just didn't care. Kelly Rohrbach has C.J. was pretty descent, I like the way she wasn't written has a dumb blonde, but has a smart and very friendly person, and every bit has beautiful has Daddario. Jon Bass who thought was gonna be written has an annoying sidekick, but his character seems to change has it goes on. This started out terrible, but got better in spots, moments that where funny, action scenes that where okay. Not a great film by any standards, questioning anything in it would be rather pointless, but it has some amusing moments.

The Mummy (2017)
Makes the 1999 film look a Oscar winner by comparison., 13 June 2017

The Mummy film that came out in 1999 starring Brendan Fraser, was a fun entertaining adventure film, never tries to be anything more then that. But this reboot never seems to be sure, never comes across like it has any direction. I know the filmmakers are trying to get the monster universe rolling, like the Marvel universe did, and the DC universe is getting started, but this film clearly shows it's trying way to hard.

Tom Cruise who is usually awesome to watch, but here it looks like he just showed up on set and went through the motions, don't even know he's acting or just being Tom Cruise. His chemistry with Annabelle Wells goes nowhere, I just wanted to roll my eyes at her every time she's on camera. Sofia Boutella is a pretty good villain, and effects are not bad. Russell Crowe is pretty descent in his role, but the film itself never seems to know what it is, although it appears to know, it fails at horror and adventure film.

Gal Gadot was born to play Wonder Woman, 12 June 2017

Gal Gadot has a lot in common with actors Christopher Reeve and Chris Hemsworth she has been in some stuff and but gained recognition when she played a comic book character, like Reeve(Superman) and Hemsworth(THOR). After her appearance in Batman v Superman, you had a feeling she would get her own solo movie, and now here it is.

The story takes during the time of World War 1, where Diane(Gal Gadot) was raised on the hidden Island Themyscira, to Amazon race. One day her life is turned upside down when a pilot named Steve Trevor(Chris Pine) comes crashing down on the Island. Diane saves his life, and decides to help him. and goes to America with him.

This was way better then Batman v Superman and Suicide Squad which I think where modest hits, Wonder Woman has a film really delivers, everything you would want in an origin story. Much has I liked Man of Steel, the more I watched it the flaws keep showing. Gal Gadot plays Wonder Woman the character very well and not annoyingly one noted, when she comes into a new world, her situations are never played in a sitcom like way like it was in THOR. Chris Pine was good has Steve, she had Gadot have good chemistry, surprisingly . Action scenes are very well filmed, in a 300 like way. The World War 1 setting looks very realistic, and not just a set. At times he feels like those old war mission movies from the 60's. Everybody here shines as well. Makes me now looking forward to Justice League.

Entertaining part drama, part satire.., 31 May 2017

Brad Pitt really gives a good performance as Gen, Glen McMahon, someone who wants to make a difference in Afghanistan, with some troops. But is suddenly gets heckled by the press cause they just don't what his actions are for.

Brad Pitt gives a satirical performance in parts, does a lot of face acting, although he never goes too over the top. And the setting also plays a character too. Parts when it's funny, it's quite funny. But when it's dramatic, it's quite dramatic. Blends satire, and sad realism quite perfectly. The rest of the cast are also good. The movie does deliver the message of war quite beautifully, you can see Brad Pitt felt very strongly about this, and it really shows.

Charlie Hunnam is so miscast, 22 May 2017

Not that he's a terrible actor, but for this he looks so out of place here. Guy Ritchie tries to a do a style that he did similar in the two Sherlock Holmes, but it worked in those movies, but doesn't here. Now effects are pretty descent, action scenes are pretty good at times, but the rest of the film feels like it's less then nothing, some things here look horribly edited.

The actors are basically sleepwalking through this, including Jude Law who plays the bad guy, who is usually a good actor, but kind of looks like he doesn't want to be here, and seems he did this movie has a favor for Guy Ritchie. And let's not forget actor Geoff Bell, once again the same type of character he played in Tormented(2009), and Kingsman: The Secret Service(2014), you pretty much know what to expect from that. Although not the worst thing I've seen this year, but it's right behind Chips.

Snatched (2017)
Hawn and Schumer where awesome, so heck with the critics, 19 May 2017

a mother and daughter(Goldie Hawn and Amy Schumer) while on vacation are taking captive and held for ransom, and surprisingly get free and end up on the run, and the question is will they make it back alive?

This was a funny action comedy, I surprised this is getting mixed reviews, I know everybody has an opinion, and if you didn't like it that is fine. But I liked it, Hawn and Schumer are a blast, both have such great comic chemistry, and hit there marks perfectly with there jokes. Christopher Meloni, Wanda Sykes, and Joan Cusack are all pretty good in there supporting roles. But the real scene steal-er is Ike Barinholtz has Schumer's neurotic brother, he just joyfully chews up any scene he's in.

The Wall (2017/II)
Perfect Gulf War Thriller, 15 May 2017

Set in 2007, two soldiers(John Cena and Aaron Taylor Johnson) are wounded by an enemy sniper who they don't know where, but the sniper sees them, and has one behind a brick wall, while the other passed out, We wonder will they get out alive.

I liked the idea that it was to the point, and didn't dance around anything. And there was no music playing, letting the suspense build up, and the feeling like something is creeping up on you. If you are expecting a hard core action film, I must say you'll be disappointed. John Cena is good, but Aaron Taylor Johnsons strong performance has a wounded soldier, who is at the mercy of a unseen killer, and trying to think of a way out, and see the feeling of fatigue starting to wear on him, that really takes the film. A very well made thriller.

The team of hero misfits return, 10 May 2017

I think of Guardian of the Galaxy has the red haired step brother to The Avengers. Funny space adventure, with some dramatic moment. All the actors have good chemistry, and really feel comfortable in there roles. CGI Rocket Racoon voiced by Bradley Cooper, and Groot voiced by Vin Diesel really stole a lot of scenes. I was eagerly waiting for the sequel.

The funny moments are always the best parts, but are some dramatic moments also, but never over shadow the funny parts. Our favorite hero team of misfits get into more trouble and find more adventures. Chris Pratt and Zoe Saldana really shine again as Star Lord and Gamora. So does Rocket and Groot once again voiced by Bradley Cooper and Vin Diesel. Michael Rooker is quite the scene steal er as Yondu. And Karen Gillan is memorable as Nebula. Kurt Russell really comes alive as Star Lords dad. The effects are pretty good for a space adventure, one scene I felt paid homage to The Empire Strikes Back(1980). I'm really excited to see more, the after credits scenes makes excited.

Page 1 of 81:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [Next]