Change Your Image
Upload An Image
Crop And Save
A different shade from Rajnikanth - Not for everyone
Let me start by saying that I am a great fan of Rajni films. I grew up watching his films. He was the real star who perfected commercial, mass films in the south. So, after Kochaidaiyaan, a really good story lost in mediocre computer animation, and Lingaa, a lackluster movie, came the teaser for Rajni's Kabali. Right from the start of the announcement of the movie I was excited. My expectations were meant.
What many people failed to realize was that the director, Pa Ranjith, constantly repeated ,whenever he had a chance, that this is not going to be a Rajni film before the release of the movie. Where most people were misled, in a way, were the promotions for the movie which showcased the movie as a mass, commercial entertainer. Though I enjoyed the promotions, I took it with a grain of salt and I was right.
The good: 1. Rajni- Rajni is known for his mannerisms and style, which is intact in the movie. But, after a long time, he emotes in this movie. The scenes where he sees his daughter and meets his wife after a long time showcased his acting chops and a different side of Rajni.
2. Other actors- The movie had consistently good acting throughout ranging from the excellent part done by Radhika Apte to pulling off a gangster look and feel from Dhansika and the comedy relief provided by Dinesh, the movie had consistent acting throughout.
3.Commercial elements - To satisfy the audience the director had a great intro scene ( probably the best intro since Sivaji), a good action scene following the intro scene , the "mass scene" where Rajni rams the car and the climatic fight, were planted throughout the movie.
4. Story- This movie had a different take on a gangster's life. Rather than resorting to showing who is the boss , the movie explores the emotional aspect of a gangster and his emptiness without his family. The oppression of the Malay Tamil people was also touched upon but is not the primary focus of the movie.
The not so good:
1. Pacing- The movie suffered from pacing issues. The movie sometimes wound down to a crawl, which id not expected from a Rajni film.
2. Editing? - Fast cuts and montage of scenes interwoven in quick succession can be used to speed up the plot. But , when it is used excessively, things get muddled and you are taken from the movie. The thing am reminded is when Rajni asks around for his daughter in the first half of the film which was conveyed by a bunch of scenes woven together. It pulled me out of the film for a while. Also, how kabali becomes a gangster is also conveyed in a same fashion.
3.Wrong advertising- This movie should not have been advertised as a commercial movie at all. The producer tried to cash in the fame of Rajni and did so which led to the mixed reviews with which the movie opened with. But, once families flocked to the theater everyone saw the movie for what it was.
4. Vfx - The vfx in the movie was spotty. The car explosion and the back-shot of Malaysia in the climax were mediocre at best.
Verdict - A story of a gangster's search for his family with commercial movements mixed in. 8/10
Halo 2 (2004)
Great Game ! Many people don't see it!
Every time someone talks about Halo 2 , they always mention how CE was better. I think Halo 2 is the best in the Halo franchise because there aren't many repetitive levels. Though it is short it is satisfying.
Graphics - Graphics may not be the best but is great. MC and Cortana look very good. But in the cutscenes there are some graphic pops.
Gameplay - Halo 2 has the most intense FPS gameplay. It is just superb. A job well done by bungie.
Story - Halo has a very deep story and when you finish the game you will be wanting more. I really loved each and every character in Halo 2, especially MC, Cortana, Arbiter, Prophet of truth, etc., Voice acting is perfect.
Overall - Halo 2 is a must have for shooter and Halo fans.
A must have for shooter fans!!!
GRAW Is a great game.. The use of cover system, squad commands are placed exceptionally well in this game.
Graphics - Graphically GRAW is amazing. Scott Mitchell's suit is well designed. But in Night missions you cannot see anything, you are forced to used night vision for the whole mission.
Gameplay - Gameplay is the plus point of this game. It is very realistic. You can only take three shots before going down. So you take cover or die. You really feel you are in the game. Though it is not so intense as Gears of War, it is the best tactical shooter.
Sound- The sound id just right in this game. The explosions are awesome.
Story - I was surprised. I thought military shooter have no story. But I was wrong. Though it is not as deep as Halo, it will keep you on the edge of your seat.
SO, what are you waiting for? Head to the stores and pick up a copy of GRAW.....