851222

Page 1 of 24:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [Next]

Filth (2013/I)
Bad Lieutenant for 2013 ?, 26 November 2014

Greetings from Lithuania.

"Filth" (2013) is James McAvoy tour DE force performance, with some good supporting roles, crazy / nice script, and a plot, well, there was a plot also, but i can't really describe it. It's not about plot. It's about good person who is bad. Doesn't make sense? Watch "Filth" and will get the idea.

Overall, it's worth watching for a great performance from James McAvoy - it's a dirty film, with some unpleasant images, and a "Bad Lieutenant" type of hero. If you like this stuff, probably you will like this picture.

Not as good as the first one, 26 November 2014

Greetings from Lithuania.

"Grave Encounters" 2 (2012) is a follow up to great horror flick "Grave Encounters". I loved the first part, so i really wanted to check this sequel. Unfortunately, this is not as good as the first part, but i kinda liked it and mainly because i loved first movie. Grave Encounters 2 is definitely for those who loved first picture, if didn't - don't even bother with the sequel. It has some crazy and fantasy style ending, not much of horror, more of nonsense to be honest. Acting was just OK, but nothing memorable.

Overall, if you really liked first part, you can try and check this one, you can even like it, but i think it's a sequel for die hard fans of first movie.

"Homeland" With a Vengeance, 24 November 2014

Greetings from Lithuania.

When you start to think that it's hardly gets better than the last episodes of "Homeland", "There's Something Else Going On" happens. "Wow" is the first reaction you will get when credits of this episode will start rolling. Not even they managed to keep the tension in the first part of this episode, they managed to almost stop our hearts in middle and blow it at the end.

When you start thinking "Homeland" plot is going in one direction, they manage to surprise you, and whats the most important, they do it in the most realistic, plausible way.

Don't read any spoilers or synopsis about "There's Something Else Going On" and see it for your self - you can throw a rock at me if you'll find anything better currently on the small screen market.

Horns (2013)
Very well made and very original, 21 November 2014

Greetings from Lithuania.

"Horns" (2013) is a really good picture, very well made - acting, directing, script is very good here and the whole idea and style is kinda original. Not every day you see this kinda fantasy story, with some horror elements and mystery. I was captivated from start till finish. I loved how the plot was revealed and nothing was thrown at viewer simply.

Overall, if you like movie with original idea, which is also very well crafted, go check "Horns" - sometimes it brutal, yet very darkly funny stuff. 9/10

Mediocre and highly familiar, 20 November 2014

Greetings from Lithuania.

"November Man" (2014) is a very predictable, mediocre in execution, highly familiar thriller. Its not a bad movie, it's kinda even watchable because of Pierce Brosnan acting and Olga's Kurylenko well ... lets say acting too. It's a passable thriller in every meaning of this word. Nothing original, nothing new, very familiar, not memorable and predictable yet for a boring evening it will do it's job, just don't expect much from this flick.

Overall, if you have seen at least 3 - 5 thrillers in your life, than it means you have already saw "November Man".

Fasten your seat belts, 18 November 2014

Greetings from Lithuania.

"Halfway to a Donut" was breathtaking and gut wrenching from start till finish. This is another superb episode in excellent season 4. 49 minutes of this episode run in a sec. Without going into spoilers, just have to mention - what a mesmerizing chase sequence it had in the middle of episode. I couldn't even breath, and what an outcome they performed. After seeing countless movies, i honestly can't thing right now of any chase sequence that kept me sooo on the edge of my seat as "Homeland" just did. Thats because of the performances, excellent writing, superb editing, top notch directing and characters we do care about. This sequence alone puts all recent big budget thrillers to a shame.

Don't miss "Halfway to a Donut", a breathtaking installment of season 4.

Recently i read that "Homeland" was renewed for season 5. Justise does exist.

Pre-awesomeness!, 17 November 2014

Greetings from Lithuania.

Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel! (2014) is fantastic video game. If you liked Borderlands 2, this game is a must play. It has everything the second part had and it delivers. Note, it's not Borderlands 3, and thats why most of things in this flick are the same they were in Borderlands 2. But that not a problem here - it's rocks! Tousands of loot, more monsters, hundreds of quests, colorfully characters, you can't ask for more. The only downside is a story, which isn't intriguing as it was in the second part, but that's not major complaint, when the game starts, after first hour, you will be lost in this great game.

Overall, if you liked Borderlands 2, grab this one, it rocks!

Nice, but could have been better, 17 November 2014

Greetings from Lithuania.

"The Babadook" (2014) is well made psychological horror flick. It has some truly creepy moments, is extremely well acted by both leads, has nice pacing and director clearly has eye, some scenes are very well paced and crafted. But unfortunately, somehow this movie didn't made impact on me so I could call it great. I was kinda disappointed on the level psychological / horror level, because you can't clearly be sure, was it all just imagination, or was it real, and although scenes at the end hints and shows the true meaning, I wasn't sure, so it left me unsatisfied. I know, some will find this ending and events interesting and absorbing, but I like more when horror pictures doesn't play with you and goes straight – otherwise I can't fully accept the chills and whole scary mood.

Overall, this a very nicely made picture, with some genuine scars, bus sadly it didn't kick as much as it could have.

If I Stay (2014)
Meehh, 16 November 2014

Greetings from Lithuania.

"If I Stay" (2014) is so sweet and cheezee that unfortunately it comes as a disappointment for me. There is absolutely no chemistry between two leads, and when a movie about love and life has no chemistry between lovers, it's a problem.

"If I Stay" is nothing new, nothing original, just an empty eye candy at running time 1h 40 min. It drags. The pacing is OK but the screenplay is so predictable, so one dimensional and cheezee that at moments i had my eyes rolling over the screen. Chloë Grace Moretz has nothing to do in this flick, it's definitely far from her best.

Overall, for 14 years old girls this will do just fine, for all older i can say, you can safely skip this. It's not a bad movie by any means, just unfortunately it's very predictable, it has nothing new or exciting to offer and at running time 100 min. it drags and repeats itself - it has well intentions, but unfortunately it just doesn't click.

Epic, 16 November 2014

Greetings from Lithuania.

"Il buono, il brutto, il cattivo." (1966) is epic picture in every meaning of this word. I saw it couple of times, and although i like "Unforgiven" better, "Il buono, il brutto, il cattivo." is a true western, one of the movies that make the genre famous. Acting is very good here, cinematography is amazing, directing, settings are top notch. It's a long movie, and it takes it's time to tell a full story, but it's a very rewording experience. But the scope of this movie is simply epic.

Overall, "Il buono, il brutto, il cattivo." is one the best if not the best westerns ever made, it's captivating from start till finish, it's superbly crafted, well acted and combined with unforgettable musical score it's a genre classic.

Page 1 of 24:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [Next]