jane-184

Black Comedy par Excellence., 11 November 2005

It has been decades since this film, to my knowledge, has been broadcast on British Television. Probably so to stop giving ideas to conniving families, but from what I can remember, it is one of the funniest "black comedies" I have ever seen. If I remember correctly there was a long winded scene involving a poisoned tea-bag which poisoned the wrong person, also when the elderly batty cousin digs out some old cheque books with large amounts paid out in the past, suggesting that as they paid out well before, then surely the cheque book would still be usable. I would relish seeing it again and would sincerely hope it would actually be as funny and enjoyable as I last remember it. See it if you can.

Excellent film and worth seeing along with the later remake., 27 October 2005

This film along with the later "Birdcage" should be compulsory viewing for all late teen agers at school. I found both films enjoyable but then I had already been to see the Stage show the films are based on, about 22 times at latest count. The show/film is a study of true love between two gay men being tried and tested and shown to be true. I can recommend both films, but I do SO wish they would make a true film of the stage show, after all, the story the film is based on is actually a Musical. Remember, the Supreme Gay Anthem << "I am what I am!" >> is taken from the musical stage production. Watch either of the two films and come away with satisfaction, see the stage show and weep with joy. Having said all of that, I did find "La Cage 2" made me cringe a bit. sorry.