Fanboy218

1st Avengers + Captain America 2 = EASILY The Best Marvel Movie Ever, 28 April 2016

I was shocked when I was watching this movie on how great it is. It was not only pop-corn kind of great like The Avengers, what shocked me was how fantastic and neatly the characters were developed and how smart the movie is. The movie is the combination of the best things of The Avengers+CA: Winter Soldier, resulting the perfect combination smart grown up thriller (yup there I said it), fantastic action (action, not only CG destruction), and actually incredible dialogues and jokes that actually works.

The characters of Stark, Rogers, Black Widow, Scarlett Witch, Falcon, etc had developed, and it actually didn't feel weird how characters' point of view changes just because how organic the script is. It's well known that the whole point of the movie is Team Cap vs Team Iron Man, and both character actually have good reasons on why they choose what they chose. Like Seriously, some of my friends debated intensely on whose point of view was more on the side of good, that's how good the character development was. Aand all I can say about the new lovely Spider- Man is this Peter Parker is EASILY the best one yet by a mile. All of my Spider-Man fatigue that has been developing is completely gone, and he's the character I'm most curious to see even more in upcoming movies.

Captain America: Civil War is unpredictable and unexpectedly thought provoking, yet you would not be confused watching it because the director knows how to construct multiple story arcs. In spite of that, this film is still a perfect action-popcorn movie. The action was certainly one of the best things about the movie, yet people would not say much about it because it got overshadowed by its great directing, acting, characters, editing, just all around a great film, not just a great superhero film. I rate this movie a 9, and I usually only give a 9 rating for near perfect masterpieces that will remembered for decades to come. Captain America: Civil War is literally a perfect blockbuster, it succeed in every way possible, and Marvel proved that they are only getting better.

An Iconic Movie for the fans, 23 March 2016

Seriously, there is no better word for describing the movie. LOADS of cool stuff in here, loads of spectacular action, lots of good drama. But, there are loads of downsides as a movie itself. The editing is kind of uneven, the tone is actually pretty decent but this movie lacks focus and sloppy.

There is no doubt the Ben Affleck is the best thing about this movie. He's a murderer, he's crazy, and his fight scenes are crazy good, not to mention he's the best Bruce Wayne ever that had appeared on the movie screen. Gal Gadot does all that she should've done, as she said on recent interview "she does the cool stuff". 1 bad thing about the movie is what many people fear would happen, there is no doubt that the character Superman/Clark got overshadowed by Batman/Ben Affleck. It really shows who's the better actor, Henry Cavill was just alright as he did in Man of steel.

It has lots of flaws, but this movie is not The Amazing Spider-man 2. Most ADULT comic book fans will love this movie, this definitely not a movie for kids. At least this movie will make people excited about The Justice League/future DC films, it sets up the universe really well. On that I give props to Snyder, although most of the flaws are same old Snyder flaws as he doesn't make us care about the characters (except batman).

I do think the movie will get better reception with time, because there are iconic scenes and dialogues that will remembered for a long time. This movie aimed high, sometimes too high, it's a grand vision, I appreciate that about DC because Marvel isn't doing that. Marvel plays it safe with their tone/characters, DC is more risky yet just maybe it will pay off.

Not a great movie, but Terminator fans will like this one, 28 June 2015

It is a VERY flawed movie, any one who have seen it knows that. Though the prospect of the plot is interesting and exciting, the writing was really baad, and the directing was just as bad. The casting of Kyle Reese was horrible, Jai Courtney proves to still be the most overrated actor living today. Putting all of that aside, I really enjoyed this movie. May it's because I'm a huge Terminator&T2 fan growing up, and the idea to be honest is very exciting and to be honest I'm not really disappointed. This may not be a good movie, but hey at least it's not boring like Salvation, the storyline kept me glued to the screen. Arnold was the best part of the movie, he did great in everything he does. Emilia Clarke also did the best anyone could do, she has the 'it' factor of a female action star, which is quite hard to find. The first half of the movie was quite great, but then it got real messy the second half. I blame Alan Taylor for that, the property's too big for him, he's not capable yet of doing a franchise this huge. If you're not familiar with the characters/storyline, I understand fully if you hate this film cause it was very messy and the writing is very confusing.

my personal score: 7.6/10 my objective score: 5.5/10

The 'Spider-man 2' of this franchise reboot, 17 April 2014

Spider-man 2 surely has its own special place in almost every comic book movie fans out there, it surely is the highlight of the Spider-man trilogy, and "Amazing Spider-man 2" might just do the same to this franchise reboot. It may not be as iconic as Spider-man 2 because then, it was like the only comic book movie coming out of that year, and these days, we got tons of other comic book movies that come out each year. Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone has never been better, not to mention how special their chemistry is. Andrew Garfield is actually the one that stands out, he somehow managed successfully bring more vulnerability to his acting, either successfully bring dramatic scenes to life or bring jokes and humor that freshens up the movie. Dane DeHaan as Harry is a perfect fit, probably a better fit than what James Franco did in the old Spidey franchise. The villains were also quite well developed, though I may say that they could've done more with electro. The entire cast was excellent, the action were great and the special effects were superbly satisfying, much improvement compared to the last one. My only complaint is probably there should've been more places for the viewers to breathe, because there were so many things happening in the movie, sometimes it felt a little bit too crowded (as anyone has expected), since they got 3 villains, so it's quite reasonable. Other than that, this movie is without question an improvement over the first movie, and what's important is that this movie brings the combination of great comic-book movie plot, fantastic action and special effects, and heart. If you're a fan of comic book movies, you WILL love this film, if you liked the old spidey movie, you will like this film, and if u liked the first Amazing Spider-man, you will love this movie even more. As a comic book movie, it's truly amazing.

The Raid 2 (2014)
One of the best martial arts movies EVER !, 29 March 2014

The Raid: Redemption was such a success and regarded by many people as one of the best action movies of 2012, and the sequel is likely to end the year 2014 as the best action movie of the year. It's pretty much different than the first movie, in this one there was actually a story. This movie is a great combination of a gangster flick with a very well coordinated martial arts.

The director Gareth Evans is masterful at filming incredible action sequences, probably better than ANY Hollywood directors working right now. It is inspiring how he managed to make such unbelievable fight scenes, and car chase in a such limited budget. The cast were good in delivering the good, the dialogue was fairly good, the choreography were Spectacular! Not to mention the unforgettable cinematography that was brilliantly managed by people who knows what they're doing.The only downside is perhaps the running time which could have been shortened 15-20 minutes, but you will still always be entertained while watching this movie.

Overall, The Raid 2 is arguably one of the best sequels ever, and even one of the best martial arts movies ever. It's superior to its predecessor in terms of story telling, considering the running time, and the choreography was also quite a bit improved from the already unforgettable moves in the first one. It had more action and violence than the previous one, although less action percentage-wise. It will keep you on the edge of your seat. It has everything a perfect martial arts movie has to have, and it deserves to be regarded as one of the best in its genre. I hope that the director Gareth Evans would make more films with a higher budget to showcase to the world his true potential as a director, and it'd be great to have it featuring Iko Uwais, that could be an icon for years to come.

On par with Goodfellas!, 25 December 2013

Scorsese has created goodfellas of the new generation. It's his longest film but it's never boring, and this movie's shockingly very hilarious. For me, Leonardo DiCaprio has never been better in a film before. The screenplay by Sopranos' Terence Winter was perfect in every way. As a conclusion, this movie is full 3 hour of enjoyment, minute by minute, and it's definitely better than another Scorses's classic Casino. Whether or not this movie is better than Goodfellas I'm not sure yet, but Goodfellas is one of the best movies EVER MADE, and this movie's on the same level to that. In 71years old, Martin Scorsese's surely back on that level, that's how incredible he is.

VERY VERY entertaining!, 4 November 2013

Before going to the theater, I expected this to be a great entertaining movie not necessarily better than the first thor, but an entertaining blockbuster, and it was still much better than what I expected! I had a blast ! The action were very entertaining, the universe that the director has made were beautiful. It was also really funny (though some jokes just seem too forced), and the script was also well written. The first 60 minutes was a great build up, and the next 60 minutes were just better, in other words this movie was entertaining from start to finish.

This movie's surely on par with Iron Man and even The Avengers (not necessarily better), and without a doubt better than the first Thor. This movie had a lot of flaws, but it doesn't matter since it's so entertaining. It might just be the best superhero movie of the year (though I really liked man of steel).

If u either like action movies or superhero movies, you must definitely watch the film. Some people might not like this film because they mostly don't really follow about what's going on or what's happening in the asgard world, if u are one of these people, do yourself a favor and watch this movie for a 2nd time!! It would be much much better if u really know what's going on since the start.

"Arrow" (2012)
A Very Entertaining but Flawed Show, 16 July 2013

I have seen all 23 episodes of Arrow, and honestly I'm pretty impressed. I believe this is inspired by Nolan's Dark Knight trilogy, but I don't think that it's a ripoff. For me, the show is never boring. It is like the combination between teen drama and the Dark Knight trilogy. Speaking of realism, this show is not realistic at all. Oliver with Diggle and Felicity seem to have any solution to every kind of problems, well it doesn't matter at all since this is a comic book adaptation.

As much as I love this show, I still think the show is so flawed. The cast aren't that good, well they are okay. Sometimes what really bothers me is the dialogs, it is so f-in cliché. The dialog is so fake that's filled with cheesy words that we'd NEVER say in real life. What I like most about the show are the action and the plot. The plot is very good, the crimes never seem to end, and I loved every episode in the series.

As much as how flawed the show is, it's pretty darn entertaining. It's obviously not Breaking Bad or game of Thrones, but it's one of the most entertaining shows in TV today.!

Remember that Guillermo Del Toro isn't Michael Bay !, 11 July 2013

Giant monster vs giant robot blockbuster movie? sounds that it will be somekind of a transformers movie. Wait... it's directed by Guillermo Del Toro? I should consider to watch this because this could be AWESOME. And my decision was right to watch this, money and time well spent, this movie is a lot of fun. The characters were good, the acting was also quite well done, and don't even ask about the action? It's Spectacular! Well actually to be honest some of the actors were kind of over the top, but that's actually quite make sense. The action was not like transformers, it's very much better. This comes from a director can actually frame the action up, unlike Michael Bay that just puts action and action and explosions and we don't even know what's happening in the movie because it's not well done. Don't even dare to compare this to Transformers, because comparing Pacific Rim to Transformers is like comparing Jurassic Park to Theodore Rex. One of the best things about the movie is it's not just action, the characters are also important and interesting in this movie. We do care about the characters. Only very few directors that can pull this kind of movie off, this just proves how good Guillermo Del Toro is, as a director.

Who the f cares about the critics?, 13 June 2013

I know what the critics has said. They complained about too much action, superman being too serious, lack of romance, etc. Since Zack Snyder directed this movie, I don't think he cared about the critics. Don't get me wrong, he DOES care about the fans' opinion. Seems like he really wanted to really satisfy the fans. I see why critics complained about too much action. For me it's just his way to satisfy the viewers. This is the kind of movie that is just really satisfying. When the movie ended, I got that 'satisfying' feeling instead of the 'wanting more' feeling. It's like it was really enough.

Even Snyder's best movies (before this) which were 300 & Watchmen didn't have more ratings than 64% on Rotten Tomatoes. I think the fans should have anticipated the bad reviews. His style is actually what critics hate. The over the top action and CGI is actually his trademark. So, even from the beginning, I think this is actually the kind of movie the producers wanted. About the lack of romance, I really do think it's saved for the sequel. The sequel will definitely explore more about the relationship between Clark and Lois. This film focused on 2 aspects: the origin (krypon,struggle finding his place) & the action (Zod and his army). Don't expect humor or romance.

The visuals were spectacular! What's best about this movie is its action scenes. The action were just relentless. I think the fans would not be disappointed at all. Yes, I know there is only a very few humor this movie but that actually doesn't even matter. The battle between Superman & Zod will definitely 'wow' everyone but the critics. I mean who cares about the critics opinion? A superhero movie MUST NOT be judged by the critics opinion, what's more important is the audience's opinion about the movie and especially the fans'. I think the movie really delivered. Most people will definitely like this movie. I am really sure that many fanboys will consider this as the best comic book of all time. This is a MUST SEE for people who like action movie. The action were better than last year's The Avengers.

The sequel really have a great potential. Considering the minimum amount of romance in this movie (since they just knew each other, and superman was also more focused on Zod), the next movie could explore more of that. One of the things missing from the movie was also the presence of Clark Kent at the daily planet. It's one of the trade marks. But, I believe the sequel will show more scenes in the Daily Planet which is interesting to see.

As a conclusion, I think Man of Steel is so far the best action movie this year. This movie really is a Snyder movie. But it also has a quite lot of nolan-esque feel to it especially in the around first 45 minutes.

If this was compared to Iron man 3, if Iron man 3 was a 7, this movie is a 8.6.