bazmitch23

Page 1 of 20:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [Next]

Gets irritating fast, 15 October 2017

The big problem with Rosie Caddick is that she can't go a minute without doing funny voices and pulling faces. You want her to get on with the review, but she spends way too much time doing her shtick that you just give up on her completely.

She also does pointless sketches that go nowhere and have nothing to do with the review.

Imagine if Siskel and Ebert reviewed a movie and they kept on doing funny voices and pulling faces throughout the whole thing.

I tried to watch episodes of Buddy Games, but when you have Rosie going:

"Hi, I'm Rosie AND I'M DOING A FUNNY VOICE!"

You know when you have that friend who keeps telling the same joke over and over and you're like "Okay, that's enough!"

Fun doc on a fun movie, 5 October 2017

Turbo Kid is a love letter to 80's B Movies and was made by 80's kids, RKSS.

I had never heard of Turbo Kid until I saw "Good Bad Flicks" top 10 films of 2015. One of these films he put on his list was this one.

I saw the trailer and thought it looked awesome and then I saw the movie online and I flippin' loved it!

This doc is interesting. We learn about RKSS, who have their own YouTube channel and have made short films for over a decade. I recommend that channel. The "Ninja Eliminator" movies are SO FUNNY!

They talk about "T is for Turbo" which was an entry for the "ABC's of Death" contest and they didn't win. But if you watch that short, you can see the similarities.

Their movies of course have a lot of gore and this movie is no exception. Aaron Jeffrey said "When I read the script, I thought 'That's a lot of gore'."

Of course we see the puppets made for the gore.

Then they talk about how cold it was filming in Canada and the fight scenes.

The doc ends with the cast and crew going to the Sundance festival.

We see clips of their short films and scenes from them later referenced in Turbo Kid.

Overall, I loved Turbo Kid and RKSS' shorts. Roll on Turbo Kid 2.

Nikki has taught us one good thing......, 22 August 2017

.......and that's how not to be a human being. She's a terrible person; she's rude, arrogant, whiny, spoilt, lazy, talentless, selfish and....... there is absolutely nothing good to say about her AT ALL. She's like a character from a sitcom. In sitcoms, the main characters are usually written as horrible people like Basil Fawlty, Cartman, Homer Simpson, Blackadder and Richie and Eddie. But Nikki is a real person, unfortunately.

What I like about this show is that it makes fun of her. And there's nothing better than seeing a horrible person get made fun of. Professional workers make fun her and her arrogance and the viewer just shakes their head in disgust. Parents say "Thank God she's not MY daughter."

Nikki wants credit for things she didn't do very well. "I did a 10/10 on farming." But her employers say the opposite.

I'm not a fan of Gordon Ramsey, but I would like to see Nikki on his show. He would have a field day.

Not starring Chris-Chan, says the makers of this show.........., 15 July 2017

I never watched this show, but this episode caught my attention because it was rumoured that Mark the number one fan was based on Chris-Chan.

The writers of this show denied it, but there are a lot of similarities between Chris and Mark:

. The Orange Soda........... (shudder)...... if you know Chris, you know what I'm talking about.

. Mark making a reference to Sonic's arms being blue, Chris got angry when Sonic Boom made his arms blue and not flesh coloured, in his strange Chris-Chan way.

. Mark writes Sonic fan fiction that isn't family friendly.

The only things that Mark are missing are a striped jumper and a Southern accent.

Whether Mark is Autistic is a mystery.

The episode does a good job spoofing "Misery", only Mark didn't break Sonic's legs with a sledgehammer.

I didn't like the "Secret of the Garbage" joke, it wasn't funny. Also in this show, Knuckles' re-design and he is an idiot.

Chris, say what you want about Sonic's arms, but's it's Knuckles that's the biggest problem with Sonic Boom.

It would've been nice at the end of the episode that Mark broke down and cried, since he has no friends and considers Sonic one, despite not really knowing him. And Sonic and his friends would've gave Mark a heart-to-heart and gave a message to kids about not being obsessed with someone you don't really know.

Overall, I liked this episode.

Wonder has Chris seen this?

Resurrecting Evil Ed, 15 July 2017

As we all know, once the movie was completed and released, it just died. It had no big names and the cast and crew either never worked again, or just did very little TV and film work.

However, Goran Lundstrom went on to do Special Make up Effects for Star Wars, X-Men, Harry Potter, Narnia and even Little Britain. Kaj Stevenman became a Visual effects creator for films like Underwolrd Awakening.

In this featurette, Director Anders and editor Doc open a wardrobe and take out a role of film from Ed's original cut and also the artwork.

Goran shows us the fridge monster he created, this was actually the second model he made, due to the original fridge monster looking awful.

Doc then re-edits the footage for the Special "Ed-ition", including the lost balcony scene and a montage of Edward editing the violent films.

Jim Friedman returns to voice Edward for the balcony scene. If you watch the Special Ed-ition, in the balcony scene, Ed sounds much older.

Overall, a nice featurette on a movie that vanished on release, and then brought back to life by Arrow Video.

Average Documentary, 24 June 2017

This 3 hour doc is okay, but yeah, much like "The Story of Hellraiser", it is too damn long. So it does get really boring at times. But at times it gets really interesting. It would've been nice if it was shorten to 90 minutes or 2 hours.

You learn interesting things like the hospital climax was not in the script, the film originally ended with Ed being taken off to hospital.

A radio station in Sweden called "Radio Bandit" an English speaking station did the dubbing. The guy who voiced Ed is in this doc. Shame they didn't get Bill Mosely though.

The worst person being interviewed is the actress who played Mel. All she says is "Oh, I don't remember" in a jokey way.

Speaking of the interviews, when someone's name comes on, their occupation doesn't. So it can get confusing.

We also see some YouTube videos of people reviewing this movie.

Johan said he was recognised at a McDonald's and Per said that his son plays the "Rest in Pieces" scene over and over on YouTube.

An okay doc, but better editing would've sufficed.

Yes, I have seen the 45 minute cut. It's okay, but the 3 hour one has more interesting detail.

Mortal Kombat: Borefest, 3 June 2017

I loved the first movie, hated the second. Heard about this show, but never saw it before. I found this in Poundland. The disc had five episodes.

I watched it and my God, it was dull!

It was talking and talking and talking and talking!

And when it does get to the fight scenes, even they're boring!

The acting is lame and the dire-logue is cringeworthy. Very Saturday cartoonish. Plus this is set 500 years before the events of the first movie and we have characters saying "Bathroom break" and "This sucks".

They keep using the same shot from the first movie where we have the outside of the temple. You can tell it is from the first movie because we can see Liu Kang and his Grandpa in the background as clear as day. Why not digitally remove them?

Sub-Zero's costume and Shao Kahn's helmet are so cheep looking due to the show's low budget.

Apart from Tracy Douglas' nude scene from the fourth episode, I can't think of anything good from this show.

And much like the movies, there is no gore. Boo.......

If another MK series is made, deliver on the gore please. Maybe the directors of "Turbo Kid" might do a reboot, hopefully.

A very interesting and tragic look at Elliot, 19 February 2017

I saw this episode on YouTube.

Barbara Walters interviews Peter Rodger, father of the Isla Vista killer. Peter is good person, whereas the fathers of killers are often abusive, or killers themselves.

The Rodgers never had a killer in their family, until that fateful day on May 23rd 2014.

The episode shows Elliot's background. His father was directing commercials and his stepmother was an actress. The Rodgers had it all, they were very rich, yet Elliot was quite greedy, even as a child.

Peter and his wife sent Elliot from school to school, hoping that he would fit in with the other kids, but it wasn't meant to be.

Barbara asks Peter whether Elliot was autistic, Peter answers that Elliot wasn't fully diagnosed, but showed certain traits of Asperger's.

I think maybe Elliot had Asperger's, which is why he didn't fit in at school.

As somebody with Asperger's myself, I can relate to that. I was very shy and didn't fit in with the other kids. They were into football and horseplay, and being an Aspie, they were out of my league.

We then move onto Elliot's discovery and fascination with sex. But he could never have a girlfriend due to his social awkwardness. Even though is possible for socially awkward people to fall in love.

The problem with Elliot was that he was very narcissistic. In his manifesto, he bragged on about how great he was, which was a major turn off.

He was also incredibly racist, due to his dislike of his Moroccan step mother. He also thought girls didn't like him because he was part Asian.

Elliot lived by his own logic, and thought everyone should have the same opinions he did.

Rather than seeking help from his friends or family to get a girlfriend, Elliot had to do the selfish thing and take other peoples' lives.

"All for the crime of living a better life than me," says Elliot in his Retribution video.

Elliot Rodger's life would make a great biopic, though.

A great doc on a strange and yet interesting individual, 19 February 2017

I first heard of Sonichu and Chris-Chan when I saw an episode of The FanFic Critic. She reviewed Sonichu and tore it to shreds.

I then listened to her commentary on the episode and discovered that there was more to Chris-Chan than meets the eye.

After watching DStacks review the Sonichu comics, I found this documentary.

The tale of Chris-Chan is interesting. We learn about his "love quest" and how he stood outside his college with signs looking for girlfriends. The dean, Mary Lee Walsh told him off about it and Chris made her a villainess in the Sonichu comics.

Chris is also bad at taking criticism. He lost a PaRappa the Rapper contest and was very angry about it. He would often make rant videos about this, which only makes Chris more of a laughing stock.

We also find out about his battle with trolls. If one gets attacked by a troll, we just ignore them, because they're really just attention seekers looking for a fight.

Since Chris is very easily annoyed, he would make rant videos at them. This doesn't stop the trolling, but makes it even worse.

We then discover about his "girlfriends" who were really just trolls pretending to be girls interested in him.

Being autistic, Chris is very gullible and at one point, a troll emailed him pretending to be Shigeru Miyamoto, wanting to turn Sonichu into a video game. Poor Chris took the bait and even made a video to the people who worked at Nintendo.

His parents were no help either. They were hoarders and Chris even filmed the amount of junk inside his house. His dad got angry and told Chris that if the Health Department saw the video, they would have to move out.

One night, the house got caught on fire due to an electrical socket spraying sparks and igniting the amounts of rubbish.

Since the tale of Chris-Chan is very interesting, it would make a very nice biopic.

Since James Franco's The Disaster Artist is about one of the worst movies ever made, why not make one about this? Now that would be a biopic I'd like to see.

Not bad, 28 December 2016

It does stay true to the Young Ones. It has the surrealism and cut away gags. You actually feel like you're watching an episode of the show.

However, this fan film has some flaws. The sound mixing and lighting are pretty dodgy and most of the time, you can't hear what Rick is saying.

As for the acting, Ross plays a weak Rick, Barry doesn't play a good Vvyvan, but it is Nicolas as Neil who really steals the show. And Neil is my favourite character.

Some jokes are funny, others aren't.

I've seen a lot of fan films which are terrible, but this one was actually getting it. Ross knew how to make a Young Ones episode. The execution is not perfect, but at least he got the ball rolling. If the sound mixing, acting and lighting were much better, it would've been a terrific short. Worth checking out of you like the show.

Page 1 of 20:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [Next]