mtwaterhouse-608-139232

Sherlock: Season 3 Episode 3, 14 January 2014

I was absolutely blown away by this gob smacking episode, it was quite simply the best piece of television drama I have ever had the pleasure of sitting through. A second viewing, for me is a must. This third part of 'Sherlock' cannot be watched without having seen the previous two in my opinion, as certain questions and clues are answered and duly solved. It is by no means, and by any stretch 'closure' and sets itself up magnificently (hopefully) for a fourth series. As for the writing, Direction and the acting, others on here will wax lyrical and rightly so ... Suffice it is for me to say that the quality we've come to expect from all and sundry is ever present, and then some. Stunning.

A Great Series Finale, 14 February 2013

This episode, along with part two are the best I've ever seen, and I've seen them all from the very outset. Silent Witness now in it's sixteenth incarnation has been rightly maintained by the BBC due,in the main, not only to it's enduring popularity, but also the quality of the writing and the character continuity as the actors come and go over the years. The storyline in these two episodes is intriguing and plausible, and the screenplay sharp and uncomplicated. The acting consistently superb without being over dramatic and the location believable as war torn Afghanistan, although I'm sure it wasn't. Moreover, it was the direction that won me over, it was well paced and kept my interest piqued for the two hour plus duration. So, overall a great series finale that all involved can be very very proud of. Highly recommended.