Reviews

2 ReviewsOrdered By: Date
Sahara (2005)
Fun action movie with comedy
15 May 2005
I really enjoyed this movie. My husband, middle school daughter, her friend, and another adult went to see this on a Sunday afternoon. The entire audience seemed to have a good time.

I've never read any of these books, but I plan to start on them soon. The movie was very funny and the action just kept coming. McConaughey and Zahn are perfect in their roles.

This is a perfect movie for times when you want to relax without thinking too hard. I didn't notice any bad language or behavior that you wouldn't want school-age children to see. I recommend it for all ages.

I hope this signals a return to the afternoon popcorn movie!
6 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Elektra (2005)
Entertaining popcorn movie
30 January 2005
I'm not a comic fan, so I know nothing about this character. However, I found the movie to be action-packed and very entertaining.

My companions for this feature were a 12 year old girl and a 12 year old boy, as well as another mom. We all enjoyed the movie, and Garner's muscles and stunt work were impressive. This is a must-see for martial arts fans, in my opinion.

The visuals were stunning, as were the special effects. This movie is not deep drama, but was very well-made for its genre. Since I don't care for comic books or the movies about them, I expected this film to be a stinker. I was pleasantly surprised when it held my interest.
117 out of 211 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this