Reviews written by
Big_Captain_Splatter

Page 1 of 11:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [Next]

A Horror Film From The Mind Of Tarantino… YOU CAN'T GO WRONG!, 23 December 2004

This movie was such a blast! I liked it so much, I watched it two times in a row! When the credits were rolling, I wanted more, so I just played the film again right away. The acting is great, the direction is better then great, and there is not even a word to describe how good the writing is!

The two main characters in the film are Richard Gecko and Seth Gecko. They are brothers and partners in crime. They are on they're way to Mexico for a big "business deal"

But they need a ride there, so they take a family of three hostages, and force them to take them where they need to go. Little do they know, that they are on they're way to a living hell.

Anyone who watches movies must see this film. It is almost perfect. It would be perfect, accept for the fact that the kid who plays Harvey Keitel's son can't act.

But aside from that, everything about this movie is awesome. Harvey Keitel's performance as the loving father is great and very convincing. George Clooney's plays the part of Seth perfect. Nobody else could have done it better. People will see a whole new side of Tarantino when they see him play the part of Richie. He is a total psycho.

A must see!

Very Enjoyable, 22 December 2004

I was expecting to see a horror movie when I put BODY DOUBLE into the DVD player. Even though a horror film isn't what I got, I still got to see an excellent mystery film which I enjoyed very much.

The film revolves around an up and coming actor, who is having a very hard time. His wife has been cheating on him with another man, and he needs a place to stay. Well, a guy that he knows finds out about his problem, and lets him house set for him while he is out of town. One night, the young actor is watching the attractive woman next door. Looking at her through her window. He watches in horror, as she is brutally murdered. Now, he has to do some investigating to find out who the killer is.

An awesome mystery film with a cool twist at the end.

Good Cheesy Fun!, 22 December 2004

Anyone who loves the good cheesy films of the early 1980's, will LOVE Basket Case. Even though it is not scary by any means, it is one of those films that you can watch over and over again without getting bored with it.

In the movie, there is Duane. Duane is a young man, who is staying in New York in a cheap hotel. He has a basket with him. He is also the only person who knows what is inside of the basket. Whatever it is, it is small, deformed, and has the urge to kill! When you look inside the basket, what you see will be the last thing you EVER see.

I just can't get enough of this film. It is absolutely hilarious, somewhat gory, and will be enjoyed by all horror fans that watch it. There is nothing about this film to dislike, unless you are the type of person that thinks that every horror film has to be 100% serious in order to be good.

Pretty Good, 22 December 2004

Though it is not great, and can not even be compared to Cannibal Ferox or Cannibal Holocaust, AMAZONIA is a pretty good film. It is more of a (gory) drama/action film rather then a horror film, but I think that most fans of the Italian splatter Cannibal films will enjoy this movie.

The main character in this film is a young, eighteen year old girl. This girl has gone to visit her family. Her family lives way out there in the middle of no where, out by the amazon. They all decide to take a ride on the boat. But, they go too far, and they are attacked by an amazon tribe. Everyone is killed, accept for the young girl. She is kidnapped, and taken deep into the amazon. Now, she must either find a way to escape, or be forced to live in the amazon with head hunters.

Though the violent scenes are kind of spread out, when they do happen they are very brutal and gory. If you like the old Italian cannibal films, then you will enjoy Amazonia.

Get Infected!, 22 December 2004

28 Days Later is without a doubt one of my favorite films, and it is VERY good for newer horror. Most horror movies these days are movies with a weak plot and they don't put any effort into them because all they want to do is make money. But, with 28 DAYS LATER, you can tell that they only had one thing on they're mind when they were making this film: "Let's make a cool horror flick" The film is about this guy, who has just woken up from a coma. When he wakes up, it seems as though the world has ended. Nobody is around, and everything looks abandoned. Then, as he is hunting for another living being, he finds a big group of them. Crazy, red eyed human beings that want to tear him to shreds. So of course, he runs, and as he is trying to get away, a woman and a man come to his rescue. He then finds out that the world has been infected with a virus called "RAGE" and that there are only a few survivors. Now he must survive in this world of red eyed maniacs.

I don't understand why there are horror fans that don't like this film. I enjoyed every bit of it. (accept for when the guy is naked) There isn't a whole lot of gore in this film, but there are a couple of scenes that are pretty brutal. The acting was very good, and the infected people are hauntingly scary. A must see for all horror lovers.

The REAL Sequel To American Psycho, 24 November 2004

Forget the nonesence which is American Psycho 2. Rules Of Attraction is the real sequel to American Psycho. Sure, it might not be a horror movie, but I would much rather watch this then American Psycho 2 any day of the week.

Unless I am mistaken, I believe that this film is suppose to take place before American Psycho. Patrick Bateman's younger brother, Sean Bateman, is a college student. Much like his brother, he is very crazy, and has sex on the brain all the time. The film basically represents college life for the bad group. Parties, always getting messed up on drugs, and having sex 24/7.

A great film. A must see.

Had It's Moments, But Was Not All That Good, 24 November 2004

Friday The 13th part five is good, but not near as good as the first four films. It was one of those movies that started off very good, but went down hill as the film went along. It is a good film when just watching it out of the blue, but if you watch 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6 all in a row, part five really sticks out because it does not have the same style as the rest of the films in the series.

The film takes place several years after part four, where Tommy Jarvis is now staying in a mental institution for teenagers. He is beginning to settle in, but he is beginning to see Jason again. Has Tommy lost his mind, or is Jason really back?

Here is the thing that I don't like about this film. They tried to film it with the same style as the rest of the films, but they didn't do a very good job. Plus, the ending is one of the worst endings in horror history.

On the other hand, it does have some off the things that Friday The 13th fans love: Blood, a couple of pretty gory scenes, and boobs. I would say that this film gets two in a half out of five stars, because it is average. Right in the middle between good and bad. Watch it if your having a Friday The 13th marathon, but if your just wanting to watch a good Friday The 13th flick, watch 2, 3, 4, or 6.

Godsend (2004)
Hard To Say, 24 November 2004

It is very hard to say how I feel about this film. When watching it, I was really enjoying it. Every time a new clue was revealed, I began to get more and more interested in the film. But, by the time the ending credits were rolling, I felt as though I had lost my money. Therefore, I am going to give this film an A: for average. Not bad, and not good.

The film begins with this couple, that have a son. They're son is eight years old. Soon after his eighth birthday, he dies. Then, not too much later, a doctor comes to visit them. This doctor tells them that he can clone they're son. He can make it to where the mother of the dead child, can simply give birth to the same child once again. But, there is only one problem. There is no telling what will happen when the boy reaches the age to which he died.

This film had a really cool plot, and had De Niro in it, so I was almost positive it would be good. It started off excellent, and kept me on the edge of my seat, but the ending, is one of those endings that makes the whole film seem less enjoyable after you go through the whole thing. I say check it out, but don't expect too much. It is not near as good as what the commercials want you to believe.

Laugh Out Loud Funny!, 18 November 2004

Let me ask you something. Who can make, one of the best horror films of all time, then make a sequel that is a comedy horror but is still almost as good, then make another sequel that is completely different from the first two but is still excellent and fits in with the series perfectly? The answer, is SAM RAIMI! He is a flat out genius!

Once again, other then the flashback that we get, the film takes place right after Evil Dead II, where Ash, everyone's favorite hero, is now in the Medieval times. The only way that he can get back to his original time, is if he helps the Medieval people fight THE ARMY OF DARKNESS.

Everything that you need is in this film. Fans of Fantasy films will love it. Fans of Comedy Movies will love it, and Evil Dead fans will WORSHIP it. The character Ash gets cooler and cooler as the series goes along. Sam Raimi definitely knows what he is doing. I hope that he goes back to making horror films once he is through with the Spider Man series.

Terrifying, Gory, and Hilarious all at the same time!, 18 November 2004

Sam Raimi is a genius! I didn't think it was possible for a movie to be this scary, this gory, and this funny all at once! He is the only man that could pull it off. I guarantee it. Sam Raimi does a perfect job at continuing where the first film left off.

Other then the little flashback that we get, the film continues RIGHT where the first film left off. Exactly where it left off. Ash is still at the Cabin Of Terror, and he still has not found a way to destroy The Evil Dead. At the same time, this woman and her boyfriend are on they're way to the cabin because they think they will find her mother and father there. When they get to the road, they see that it is blocked off, so they have some people show them the way. Little do they know, that they are all on they're way to a death trap. Now, Ash, and the four new people that have just arrived, must find a way to survive THE EVIL DEAD.

A Must See For All Fans Of The Original!

Page 1 of 11:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [Next]