Reviews written by
Big_Captain_Splatter

Jump To: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
Page 1 of 11:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [Next]

Get Infected!, 22 December 2004

28 Days Later is without a doubt one of my favorite films, and it is VERY good for newer horror. Most horror movies these days are movies with a weak plot and they don't put any effort into them because all they want to do is make money. But, with 28 DAYS LATER, you can tell that they only had one thing on they're mind when they were making this film: "Let's make a cool horror flick" The film is about this guy, who has just woken up from a coma. When he wakes up, it seems as though the world has ended. Nobody is around, and everything looks abandoned. Then, as he is hunting for another living being, he finds a big group of them. Crazy, red eyed human beings that want to tear him to shreds. So of course, he runs, and as he is trying to get away, a woman and a man come to his rescue. He then finds out that the world has been infected with a virus called "RAGE" and that there are only a few survivors. Now he must survive in this world of red eyed maniacs.

I don't understand why there are horror fans that don't like this film. I enjoyed every bit of it. (accept for when the guy is naked) There isn't a whole lot of gore in this film, but there are a couple of scenes that are pretty brutal. The acting was very good, and the infected people are hauntingly scary. A must see for all horror lovers.

Aftermath (1994)
Sick, Disgusting, and Offensive... I LOVE IT!, 10 September 2004

This movie has got to be one of the sickest things I have ever seen in my life, and one of the coolest. You can't really have any spoilers for this short movie. It is about two freak morticians, who like to have sex with dead bodies... Thats it... So your thinking, "Big Deal" right?

THINK AGAIN! Because this movie shows EVERYTHING! And when I say everything, I mean EVERYTHING!

Necrophilia has never been this real in a movie. The only way to get a necrophilia movie realer then then is to actually show someone having sex with a REAL dead body. And thats what I thought this was at first before I watched the documentary.

Anybody who gets into sick stuff, should like AFTERMATH.

Oh yeah, don't worry about the fact that this movie was made in a different country (when I say that I mean what language it is in, in no way am I disrespecting forign horror) There are no lines in this film, so you don't have to worry about reading subtitles.

Very Good If You Like Romantic Comedies, 14 October 2004

I am not much of a Romance guy, but someone who is a fan of Romantic Comedies will definitely enjoy ALEX AND EMMA. Luke Wilson and Kate Hudson act out the lead rolls, so needless to say the acting is great, and with Rob Reiner directing, you can't go wrong!

The film has a pretty good plot to it. It is about a writer by the name of Alex Sheldon, who owns 100,000 dollars to some Colombian gangsters. At first we are not quite sure why he owes so much money, but we do know that he only has 30 days to finish his book and get the money before they come back to kill him. This is a problem, because he has writers block. So he calls a young lady named Emma in to dictate his book. As he begins to tell her what to type, the book comes onto the screen showing us in story forum what happened to him and why he owes so much money.

This film really isn't my kind of thing, but I liked it for what it was, so that means that anybody who enjoys Romantic Comedies should love this movie.

Laugh Out Loud Funny!, 18 November 2004

Let me ask you something. Who can make, one of the best horror films of all time, then make a sequel that is a comedy horror but is still almost as good, then make another sequel that is completely different from the first two but is still excellent and fits in with the series perfectly? The answer, is SAM RAIMI! He is a flat out genius!

Once again, other then the flashback that we get, the film takes place right after Evil Dead II, where Ash, everyone's favorite hero, is now in the Medieval times. The only way that he can get back to his original time, is if he helps the Medieval people fight THE ARMY OF DARKNESS.

Everything that you need is in this film. Fans of Fantasy films will love it. Fans of Comedy Movies will love it, and Evil Dead fans will WORSHIP it. The character Ash gets cooler and cooler as the series goes along. Sam Raimi definitely knows what he is doing. I hope that he goes back to making horror films once he is through with the Spider Man series.

Good Cheesy Fun!, 22 December 2004

Anyone who loves the good cheesy films of the early 1980's, will LOVE Basket Case. Even though it is not scary by any means, it is one of those films that you can watch over and over again without getting bored with it.

In the movie, there is Duane. Duane is a young man, who is staying in New York in a cheap hotel. He has a basket with him. He is also the only person who knows what is inside of the basket. Whatever it is, it is small, deformed, and has the urge to kill! When you look inside the basket, what you see will be the last thing you EVER see.

I just can't get enough of this film. It is absolutely hilarious, somewhat gory, and will be enjoyed by all horror fans that watch it. There is nothing about this film to dislike, unless you are the type of person that thinks that every horror film has to be 100% serious in order to be good.

Batman (1989)
An Awesome Movie!, 27 September 2004

Tim Burton created a masterpiece when he made this film. He made a Batman film that kids and adults could watch and love! With the non-stop action, and the all star cast, this film could not get any better!

Right when the film starts off, Batman is a super hero, the only thing is that the town is just beginning to know about him. He starts off just helping capture robbers, and then running off before the cops can ask him who he is, then he moves onto bigger things. Jack Napier, a local mobster, is transformed into a white faced freak because of Batman, and he wants revenge. He goes crazy, and wants to kill Batman and everybody else in Gotham City. So now, Batman must fight the only person in Gotham who might be as strong and powerful as he is… THE JOKER!

With this great movie, comes an awesome cast: Michael Keaton as Bruce Wayne AKA Batman, Jack Nicolson as Jack Napier AKA The Joker, the beautiful Kim Basinger plays Vicky Vale, a photographer who has the hots for Batman, and Jack Palance, who plays the leader of an organized crime ring.

I love the way they have Gotham City set up, it is like nothing I have ever seen. This is without a doubt the best Batman movie ever made, and no matter how many series they make to retell the Batman legacy, there will never be a Batman film that can be better then this one.

Almost As Good As The Original!, 7 October 2004

I was very impressed with this film. There are not many movies that are almost as good as the original, but this one is. I had heard some bad things about it, that Burton overdid it this time, but I thought it was excellent and deserves more credit then it gets.

The Joker is dead, but Batman is still protecting Gotham from punks and thieves. But now, he has a bigger problem on his hands. He now has TWO psychopath villains that he must deal with. CATWOMAN, and THE PENGUIN. The Penguin is a man, who was dumped in the sewer as a baby, because he was a freak. The Penguins raised him. I am having a little bit of trouble understanding Catwoman's deal, but trust me, she is one evil (and hot) chick.

I love the way Tim Burton makes Gotham City look. It is so crazy, and it makes me want to live there. All the actor's performances were very impressive and realistic. I am going to cut this review short by saying that you need to go pick up this movie right now! Go get it!

Very Enjoyable, 22 December 2004

I was expecting to see a horror movie when I put BODY DOUBLE into the DVD player. Even though a horror film isn't what I got, I still got to see an excellent mystery film which I enjoyed very much.

The film revolves around an up and coming actor, who is having a very hard time. His wife has been cheating on him with another man, and he needs a place to stay. Well, a guy that he knows finds out about his problem, and lets him house set for him while he is out of town. One night, the young actor is watching the attractive woman next door. Looking at her through her window. He watches in horror, as she is brutally murdered. Now, he has to do some investigating to find out who the killer is.

An awesome mystery film with a cool twist at the end.

A Very Sad Movie Based On A True Story, 8 October 2004

This movie is very sad, but it is a must see. The fact that it is based on a true story will make all of it's viewers feel very sad for the main character: Brandon/Teena.

It is about a young girl, named Teena Brandon. Teena Brandon has a very bad problem. Not only is she a lesbian, but she wants to live life as a boy. Unfortunately, at this point in time she does not have the money to get plastic surgery. So, she decides to do the next best thing: Move to a new town, where nobody knows her, dress as a boy, act like a boy, and basically make the town think that she is a boy. So she meets this girl, and falls in love with her. Now, she has to hang out with this girls friends and family without letting them know that she is a girl.

The acting in this movie was so great, and so realistic. They all should be doing big time Hollywood movies. Hilary Swank does an excellent performance as Teena Brandon. You might know her from films like THE NEXT KARATE KID, or INSOMNIA. Chloë Sevigny from KIDS, GUMMO, and American PSYCHO plays Teena Brandon's love interest, Lana, and she does an excellent job of playing the part. Peter Sarsgaard also gives an excellent performance at playing John Lotter.

The thing that I loved about this movie was how true it was to the actual story. I had seen a couple of documentaries on Teena Brandon before I saw this film, and the film keeps all the details. Another thing that I loved about it, was the fact that they did not try to demonize Teena Brandon. The people who heard the story but did not see the film would say 'What she did was terrible' But you can't comment on what she did, until you see this movie, and see how it really went down.

I recommend this movie to everybody. Though not everybody will like it, I think everybody needs to see it at least once.

Not As Good As Menace II Society, But A Very Good Film, 9 October 2004

Not As Good As Menace II Society, But A Very Good Film

You know, this film is quite under rated. I know a lot of people that hate this film, but I honestly don't know why. I mean sure it's not the best film in the world, but the acting is good, the story is good, and the direction is good. I really enjoyed watching it.

We have Dough Boy, a guy who does whatever he wants whenever he wants. Then there is Trey, a good kid growing up in the hood trying to learn from his friend's mistakes. We then have Ricky, Dough Boy's half brother, who has a dream of becoming a professional football player. We follow them from Childhood to late teenhood and watch them as they live life in the ghetto.

An excellent film, if you like Menace II Society, or Baby Boy, you will like Boyz N The Hood.

Page 1 of 11:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [Next]