mikiboy

Better than expected, 14 October 2005

I have never been a huge fan of Mr Brosnan and this film has not changed my view TOTALLY. On balance I enjoyed it especially the twist in the tale which was at variance with the original movie and although I don't feel that it is as good as the original (what sequel ever is) it sure made for an pleasant evenings entertainment. Given that to follow such a classic original as the one starring 'the king of cool himself', this company should be congratulated for a very good effort. Certainly worth watching and far better and slicker than other, more highly publicised thriller movies. Go with open mind and enjoy the show.

Open House (2003) (TV)
Fairly boring attempt at family drama, 9 September 2004

Having read the first description on IMDb of this film, I could not believe it referred to the same film as the one which I watched? Yes, the girl (Samantha) was abandoned by her husband (David - NOT King) but she remained in the family home rather than moved to another, as the earlier review mistakenly stated. Then she met 'King' with whom she became romantically involved - with the rest of the film revolving around their gently developing romance. Rita Moreno played the part of a lodger at the home of Samantha as did the young Asian girl 'Lavendar'. Generally the film was quite predictable and although never controversial, it sufficed to entertain in a gentle way. Does Christine Lahti (Samantha) ever play a different role as they all seem so very similar to one another??