Reviews written by registered user

Page 1 of 8:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [Next]
72 reviews in total 
Index | Alphabetical | Chronological | Useful

2 out of 3 people found the following review useful:
An Excellent Title!!, 15 March 2012

*** This review may contain spoilers ***

(The Late) Jack Lord directed this episode with intelligence. A used building was in operation for one purpose: smack production for the purpose of drug trafficking. Five-O broke up the raid ... for which $5 million in heroin was confiscated in the ring. One person; however, drove off in a truck to escape arrest and capture. One suspect -- by the name of Fallon -- was in the hospital after being wounded in the raid. He named Tom Morgan as the mastermind of the drug operation after McGarrett and Williams made him fink to Five-O. The smack would be placed in the evidence room for safekeeping.

Cole Morgan had spoken to Steve McGarrett briefly. He briefly questioned him about his son's whereabouts in the past 24 hours. He did not believe his son was manufacturing heroin in an old building. His son answered questions to McGarrett about his activities from the previous day. His son was with Janet Lee at the University of Hawaii Chemistry Lab on the day of the raid -- for the purpose of attaining an alibi. One problem: McGarrett found a hole in Tom Morgan's alibi; and to wit, he was never on the university property during the raid.

Fallon was still in the hospital. He was the only link to implicating Tom Morgan for drug trafficking. An officer on duty had allowed a doctor to enter his room for a "shot." That "shot" would be a fatal round to Fallon's stomach in the room. Officer Lukela grilled the officer for being negligent in protecting the suspect in hospital custody. Ben Kokua -- on the other hand -- tailed Janet Lee and Tom Morgan for an additional link to the ring. The photos would link him to Mr. Sung and Mr. Nsg ... two well-known suspects through Interpol.

Tom Morgan was up to his neck in serious trouble. The two criminal lords wanted him to establish another lab for the production of smack. The father was livid with his drug trafficking roles. His father had one thing in mind: hide and destroy the evidence from the locker room and make a deal with the two criminal lords. They would meet the two at a shack to make an arrangement. They would trade the smack in exchange for paying them $1 million for 4 years and his son's freedom. They would be arrested for their roles in the ring. He would have his son be placed in custody for drug trafficking. His son used a propane tank and used an electric spark to blow the shack to kingdom come ... in which they both died in the explosion. A Brilliant 16 From The 1973-1974 Television Season!!

A Case Of Eavesdropping!!, 13 February 2012

The opening clip of "The Talking Machine" showed the presence of the device at Oleson's Mercantile. Nels Oleson was amazed about the device being used to record a person's voice. Harriet Oleson was not interested about the device; and to wit, she did not want to purchase the device from Hannibal Godfrey. The Olesons were not interested in having the device at their home ... at least for the time being. Charles Ingalls was working on the wagon wheel in terms of allowing Hannibal Godfrey to travel across the country. He wanted to pay Mr. Ingalls the $7.00 for his work on the wagon wheel. Nels Oleson -- in an unexpected move -- stopped by the Ingalls' home to make an arrangement on the talking machine. The three parties completed the arrangement on the device; and furthermore, Nellie Oleson would eventually use the device for some type of malarkey. More To Come!!

Jason and Laura were involved with an experiment. They were doing their best to produce electricity in the pouring rain. Jason was flying the kite in a nasty thunderstorm; and Laura was placing the key on the string to generate electricity from the thunderstorm. Laura got the sniffles from being caught in the rain. Nellie was outside doing her quilting in the chilly weather. She was planning her move on eavesdropping on Laura later in the episode.

Laura invited Jason to the Ingalls' house for supper. Laura and Jason were discussing their work they did with the kite -- and then with the paddle boat -- at the supper table. Laura placed the cup over the oil lamp and dimmed the flame rapidly. Nellie -- on the other hand -- was disgusted about Jason eating supper at the Ingalls' home. She had one thing in mind: using the talking machine to eavesdrop on Laura Ingalls and her discussion with Jason.

Nellie invited Laura to her bedroom for some lively discussion. The discussion was harmless in detail to Laura. The only problem: Willie Oleson -- under Nellie Oleson's orders -- used the talking machine to eavesdrop on their conversation without her knowledge. In school, Nellie Oleson used the device to make harmful recordings about the both them. Laura would then cry badly the situation. Charles Ingalls would eventually visit Nels Oleson about the device Nellie used without her knowledge. Nels Oleson told Nellie and Willie to step downstairs about their little stunt. They realized about their wrongdoing to Laura Ingalls; and furthermore, Nels would take a belt to both Nellie and Willie Oleson's butts for their disgraceful acts to Laura Ingalls. A Fat 10!! Moral: the use of a recording device without someone's permission will result in detrimental consequences to anyone in the real world. Informative And Useful From The 1975-1976 Television Season.

1 out of 2 people found the following review useful:
Jim-Bob Walton's Trying Times!!, 15 October 2011

"The Tailspin" started with Jim-Bob Walton's disgust on his school work. He threw a paper airplane from his bedroom window. John Walton, Sr. noticed Jim-Bob's paper airplane on the ground. The reality: Jim-Bob received an "F" on his report in English. John Walton, Sr. said: "Jim-Bob -- Get Down Here!!" in a scathing manner. Jim-Bob was struggling in his other courses; moreover, he was not doing squat in English. He told Jim-Bob that an "F" did not stand for funny. Jim-Bob wanted to join the Air Corps. He needed to succeed in school. Elizabeth Walton had an idea: Jim-Bob needed to obtain individual sessions with Corabeth Godsey in reference to reading some useful books for his English class -- in which they would be seeing each other on Tuesdays and Fridays ... for discussions on a particular book.

Jim-Bob and Ben -- later in the episode -- were in Charlottesville to pick up a blade for their saw ... for their lumber mill. Jim-Bob was pulled over for reckless driving; and he would be issued a temporary license. John Walton, Sr. and Jason Walton were concerned about Jim-Bob and Ben. They arrived home late from their excursion in Charlottesville. They did not know that Jim-Bob lost his perfect vision. Mary Ellen Walton would eventually take Jim-Bob to Charlottesville for an eye examination. He would need eye glasses on an everyday basis. His dreams of heading to the Air Corps were shot to hell -- because he had to wear glasses. More To Come!!

Jim-Bob had a notion of not attending school. He told everyone that he was sick. John Walton, Sr. was falling for the trap. He had Jim-Bob look himself in the mirror; furthermore, he needed to attend school in order for him to become smarter that his father. Elizabeth and Jim-Bob were heading for school. Jim-Bob told Elizabeth that he wanted her to step out of his automobile. Soon after that, he was fed up with attending school; he threw all of his school work up in the air -- in disgust. Corabeth Godsey would eventually find out that Jim-Bob Walton was not participating in his reading sessions at all. Jim-Bob was acting highly disrespectful at her and his father. Elizabeth was covering up for Jim-Bob's absences in school. John Walton, Sr. was ready to swat Jim-Bob's ass for his disrespectful conduct at both of them. Jim-Bob had one thing in mind: join the Air Corps. He did not care if joining the Air Corps had any meaning at his family. He wanted to do so against his father's wishes; and John Walton, Sr. was quite livid about this move.

Jim-Bob Walton was driving in the country. He saw Corabeth Godsey had car trouble. She had a flat tire. She wanted nothing to do with him because of his embarrassing remarks he made to her. Jim-Bob wanted to win some respect from her ... by helping her remove the flat tire from her automobile. He would eventually realize that his reprehensible conduct at her was inexcusable under any circumstances. Jim-Bob wanted to make amends by restarting his reading sessions with Corabeth Godsey. He would then do his book reports for his English class. At the end of the episode, Jim-Bob and John would be wearing eye glasses in order to attain suitable eye vision for school work and work in the lumber mill. A 10 From The 1978-1979 Television Season.

4 out of 4 people found the following review useful:
The Dangerous Trek!!, 14 August 2011

Charles Ingalls was observing his wheat crop on his farm. The promise of obtaining money was a reality happening for the Ingalls. The notion of $2625 for the Ingalls Family was a dream for them to obtain new clothes and new toys for their household. The only problem: a horrendous hail storm severely wrecked their wheat crop; therefore, Charles Ingalls had to return the horses to Lars Hansen. Charles Ingalls had only one recourse: he had to travel one hundred on his worn out boots in order to obtain work.

Along the journey, he met Jack Peters on his farm. Mr. Peters said goodbye to his wife and his son. They made camp during the journey to find work. While they made camp, Charles Ingalls met an unknown person -- named Jacob Jacobsen -- during the journey. Charles Ingalls received a surprise: a new pair of boots that were thrown in his direction. He was surprised (but grateful) for receiving these boots from Jacob Jacobsen -- despite not having the money to pay for them right away. Eventually, the three of them approached a quarry to obtain work. The purpose: the dangerous task of placing dynamite in the holes of the large boulders (all for the purpose of attaining smaller pieces of rock) after fulfilling a double jack operation. The double jack operation involved two persons (in a rotation basis) using a sledgehammer and a heavy nail to break the hole open for blasting purposes. They obtained the job for the purpose of being paid in a quarry.

In the meantime, the women in Walnut Grove were doing everything possible to salvage the wheat that was destroyed in the hail storm. Everyone would participate in the gathering of the wheat in the fields -- all for the purposes of gathering the wheat into bundles, separating and chafing the wheat into grains, and gathering the wheat and sending the wheat directly to the mill. Willa Sweeney was one person that griped about this task. She claimed everyone would go hungry because of a deficient wheat crop. The reality: all the families would be hungry if she worked in a lazy manner; therefore, Caroline Ingalls told her she needed to try harder if she wanted to succeed in this challenge. The women entered town for the purpose of obtaining mail and any letters they received from their husbands.

Charles Ingalls and Jacob Jacobsen won the contest in relation to the double jacking task. They obtained twenty-five dollars for winning the contest. They would receive their additional pay at the end of the week. Jack Peters was so excited about the two of them winning the contest. The fatal part: Jack Peters was standing in a pile of rocks that had dynamite underneath the boulders. The dynamite exploded suddenly. Jack Peters was blown to kingdom come. The boss gave Jack Peters' pay to Charles Ingalls. He would tell the wife that Jack Peters lost his life in a dynamite explosion; consequently, the son would be assuming full responsibility of running the family farm. One bright spot: Jacob Jacobsen's wife had given birth to a baby boy. Challenging And Dangerous!! A Solid 10 From The 1974-1975 Television Season!!

1 out of 2 people found the following review useful:
Excellent Title!!, 28 June 2011

The opening clip of "Head To Head" started with Barney Kawala engaging in a third buy with the main leader in a transaction. A total of $100,000 was involved in the arrangement of a drop off at a park. Barney Kawala arrived at the park with the briefcase containing the money. An unknown gentleman -- named Sammy -- approached Barney Kawala to make the transaction. Barney Kawala wanted to speak only to Number One: Jack Fabian. Barney Kawala approached Jack Fabian and Eddie Rizzo in order to make the transaction at the drop off site. Only one problem: Steve Mc Garrett, Chin Ho Kelley, and Dan Williams could not find out if the transaction was made whole in the exchange between Barney Kawala and Jack Fabian. The exchange backfired badly; moreover, the briefcase contained the marked money was placed in a getaway blue van. Barney Kalawa ended up with two bullets in his body from Jack Fabian's gun.

Jack Fabian and Eddie Rizzo did not see each other after the foiled transaction with Barney Kawala. Jack Fabian arrived at his apartment. Jack Fabian had Luella Watkins take care of some "laundry" without questions. That "laundry" was obviously something dangerous and illegal to Hawaii Five-O's knowledge. More To Come!!

Little did Hawaii Five-O know that they were in a serious conflict with the Department Of Justice in relation to Jack Fabian. The name was Fred Jackman as an alias in a witness relocation program. Fred Jackman had testified five years earlier in a Federal court case in Denver. His testimony granted him immunity from prosecution and witness protection on behalf of the Federal Government. Al Marsh told Steve Mc Garrett that Jack Fabian was off limits to Hawaii Five-O. Later, Mary Kawala was grieving over her husband's death from Jack Fabian at the funeral. She had one thing in mind: she wanted to obtain justice for the person responsible killing her husband. Small Comfort!!

Al Marsh -- under orders from Johnathan Kaye in Washington, D.C. -- told Steve Mc Garrett not to meddle in the affairs of Jack Fabian. They would nail Jack Fabian in catching the other players in the ring. Luella Watkins found the gun that killed Barney Kawala in the trash can. She would later turn over the gun to Eddie Rizzo. Duke Lukela and Chin Ho Kelley tailed Eddie Rizzo on patrol. They found Eddie Rizzo dead from a heart attack after his bronze car hit a fire hydrant; Duke Lukela found the gun.

Towards the end, Harry Sunday -- a hit man from Detroit -- arrived in Hawaii. He tailed Luella Watkins into Jack Fabian's apartment. She was planning to leave Hawaii with Jack Fabian. Harry Sunday ripped the lock from the apartment and seriously injured Luella Watkins because she did not tell what happened to the "laundry." He escaped Hawaii Five-O's jurisdiction by escaping the back way of the apartment ... heading for the marina. The "laundry" described in the episode consisted of cocaine in the package Chin Ho Kelley and Dan Williams found at the florist shop. Al Marsh was at the end of his rope with Jack Fabian. He wanted him arrested for murdering Barney Kawala. Harry Sunday was ready to place a slug in Jack Fabian. Al Marsh shot and killed Harry Sunday before Jack Fabian killed Al Marsh at the marina. Steve Mc Garrett arrested Jack Fabian for murdering Barney Kawala and Al Marsh; moreover, Luella Watkins wanted to tell the court about her association with Jack Fabian in the interest of justice. The title seemed quite fitting -- especially when Hawaii Five-O was crossing swords with the Federal Government in the interest of capturing a known suspect for the purpose of obtaining justice.

2 out of 2 people found the following review useful:
Deaths From Air Cargo Fiascoes!!, 12 May 2011

Thr prelude to "Air Cargo -- Dial For Murder" involved Jerry Turner receiving a telephone call to divert a package from Ramp 3. The plan was to divert the item off the ramp without a hitch. Without warning, an employee from Asiam Air Freight moved the lever from the pulley and crushing Jerry Turner to death ... all from the weight of the boxes on the lift. The death was believed as an industrial accident. Arnold Cook -- in theory -- believed the death was the result of murder.

Arnold Cook spoke to Steve McGarrett about the situation. From his recollection, Jerry Turner was employed as a cargo employee -- for which he had a fake prison record. Jerry Turner did not report about his undercover work for fear of someone trying to kill him. Meanwhile, Chin Ho Kelley had traced the number -- Apeili-79247 -- to find out the recollection of the telephone call. Eric Ling arrived at the airport and assumed the death was an intentional act. Steve McGarrett told him not to assume anything about Jerry Turner's death.

Next, the Asiam Air Cargo offices were busy with workers making transactions with items being insured for specified amounts over the telephone. Anita Putnam received a telephone call for a freight bill on a shipment of Glucagon -- which was insured for $130,000. Hal Sullivan's ulterior motive in this episode was to protect the company's image and profits. Eric Ling did not know murder was involved in the death of Jerry Turner; therefore, he wanted to walk away from the business free and clear. Eric Ling would eventually be found dead in a commercial garbage bin at the Tokyo International Airport.

Five-O and their detectives were still examining Jerry Turner's notebook at the time of his death -- particularly when they were reviewing some past freight transactions in his notebook. They found Anita Putnam's name in the notebook. Kono contacted the bank about Anita Putnam's transactions over the telephone; and her payments were made solely in cash ... in amounts of $200, $300, $400, and $500. Steve McGarrett had a discussion with Anita Putnam at her home. Her claim that she received the payments as the result of child support from her ex-husband ... when he had remarried in Maryland. She was told to start talking or she would end up being booked for obstructing justice. Her reason for the payments: her daughter was in deep trouble with drugs. He would tell her that a patient died in a hospital because of her negligence of sending a supply of Glucagon one day late. Steve McGarrett demanded ... "The New Number?" ... from Anita Putnam as Koiena-20699 over the telephone.

Che Fong formatted a tape recorder and telephone hookup system to record messages involving air cargo transactions from Asiam Air Freight in his laboratory. He corroborated with Steve McGarrett to make copies of the telephone recordings with an interceptor as a means of obtaining fingerprints as evidence -- with the approval of a court order. Steve McGarrett would tell him to obtain the duplicate copies of the voices of the workers for evidence in court. This plan would eventually lead Five-O to implicate the suspects involved in the theft ring of uninsured packages over the telephone. The plan would eventually work in Five-O's favor.

Anita Putnam cooperated with Five-O and provided the officers with a jade shipment insured for $243,000. Towards the end, John Malcolm was the person responsible for killing Jerry Turner in that "accident." Mr. Porter rigged the box with dynamite as a means of revenge for his wife's death. Hal Sullivan received the package at his home. Detectives Williams and McGarrett would barge onto Mr. Sullivan's home and arrest him on a charge of first-degree murder and voluntary manslaughter. A Suspenseful 10!! An Intriguing Episode From The 1971-1972 Television Season!!

4 out of 4 people found the following review useful:
A Lesson On Earning A Keep!!, 24 March 2011

The opening part of "The Calf" started with John-Boy Walton's narration about responsibility and transition into manhood. He stated that prosperity was rare in the days during the depression. His family would have a calf at home. The birth of a baby bull brought joy and happiness for a little while. The reality: The Walton Family would be facing a crisis of their own. They would have to scrape money in order to pay their monthly bills at home. This adversity was just a prelude of what would eventually happen at home.

John Walton was driving to Rockfish. He endured some trouble; he hit a pothole and busted an axle off his truck. He would have to pay for a new axle on his truck. In the meantime, all the kids -- especially Jim-Bob and Elizabeth -- were enjoying the sight of the calf around the barn. John Walton had some bad new to tell the children: he was selling the calf to Mr. Anderson for nine dollars ... for which the money was needed to pay for the new axle. That dose of reality hit the children quite hard ... particularly Jim-Bob and Elizabeth. John-Boy told the children not to make this matter any harder than it needed to be for them in the family. At first light, John Walton took the calf to Mr. Anderson's farm and sold it for nine dollars ... for which he obtained the money from Mr. Anderson reluctantly.

John-Boy made an attempt to obtain the calf back from Mr. Anderson at the same price. The problem: Mr. Anderson wanted twelve dollars in order to return the calf back to the Waltons. John-Boy was three dollars short of completing the transaction. Olivia and Esther were the two people that came up with the idea of collecting Chance back from Mr. Anderson. Zeb Walton was upset over the deal.

Meanwhile, Chance was bawling quite loudly in the barn. Erin could not sleep because of that noise. Worse, Elizabeth was crying loudly since the calf was no longer at the Walton home. Olivia and John reassured Elizabeth and Jim-Bob about visiting the calf at the Anderson Farm the next day. The two of them took a cow bell and placed the item around the neck. Mr. Anderson told them the calf would be slaughtered for beef; therefore, Jim-Bob and Elizabeth would not see the calf again at their home.

Upon the end of the show, Jim-Bob and Elizabeth went directly to a cave. The Walton Family would eventually know that they never came home after the visit at the Anderson Farm. John-Boy, John, and Zeb found the children safe and sound. Jim-Bob and Elizabeth knew they were about to be spanked for their dishonesty. Olivia and John had a discussion about the calf; and they knew that talking about the situation would be the best way of wanting something special. John Walton had Sheriff Bridges acted as a witness to a proposition. The children would work at the Anderson Farm for twenty cents per day ... until the difference was made up in full in reference to the calf. A Noble Episode From The 1972-1973 Television Season!! A Solid 10!!

1 out of 1 people found the following review useful:
The Most Hilarious Episode!!, 13 January 2011

The opening episode of "Fred" had a billy goat that nailed everyone's rears suddenly and unexpectedly. The animal in question was about to be shot to death. Farmer Parson was originally planning to pay Laura Ingalls 40 cents for her 4 days of work on their farm. Laura Ingalls made a proposition to Farmer Parson: she would take the goat home in lieu of accepting the 40 cents.

Laura took Fred the goat to the Ingalls' home. Caroline had some reservations about having Fred at their home. Naturally, she placed the goat outside the barn for the night. Meanwhile, Charles Ingalls endured 3 miserable days working in the swamp for Phineas Jenks. Caroline Ingalls told Charles Ingalls to head for the tub after a hard day's work in the swamp. Little did Charles Ingalls knew that Fred was inside the barn waiting for him. He was kicked in the rear. This arrangement was the start of the downfall of Fred staying at the Ingalls' home.

Charles did not find anything funny about Fred the goat kicking him in the rear. The girls knew this malarkey would not fly at home. By morning, Fred the goat ate a half a bushel of oats and ate the stalks that were meant for selling to Phineas Jenks. Charles Ingalls told Laura Ingalls to have Fred gone from the house the same day ... no ifs, and, or buts.

Laura Ingalls and Willie Oleson had a discussion during recess about Fred. She told him the goat would be useful for the purpose to make cheese or to make purses. Willie Olseon took Fred -- by surprise -- to Mrs. Oleson's home. Mrs. Oleson was doing laundry when Fred arrived unexpectedly at their home. Fred would kick Mrs. Oleson's rear after she untied the rope from the post. Mrs. Oleson was irritated about the mud on her clothes; moreover, she blamed Laura Ingalls for her careless control of Fred the goat.

Fred the goat would arrive unexpectedly at Mr. Edwards' "secret place" later in the episode. His "secret place" was his plan of making "turpentine." That plan backfired miserably as he drank the "turpentine" at the "secret place." Fred would eventually consume that concoction. Fred would eventually nail Mr. Edwards in the rear. He told Laura and Johnnie that he would the love the goat with biscuits and gravy if he ever saw that goat again in his sight.

Dr. Baker would become the next target of Fred the goat. He would arrive in his office as usual. Fred the goat would nail him in the rear ... and into the creek. Dr. Baker would say "Well that's very funny -- Mr. Edwards!!" in a sarcastic manner. That plan did not work at all.

Laura and Johnny had one last hope of placing Fred in a sensible home. Fred the goat was in the school house. Reverend Alden was preparing for Sunday's church services as Fred was in the building. Fred the goat would nail Reverend Alden in the rear. That plan did not work at all. The goat would roam free into the prairie. The goat would eventually devour the crops inside Phineas Jenks's wagon. Phineas Jenks was surprised the goat devoured his crops without warning. He approached the Ingalls' residence to ask him to fulfill another supply of weeds in the swamp; but the arrangement would have a twist at the end of the episode: Charles Ingalls demanded that he wanted to be paid 12 dollars in advance. He worked in the swamp for the last time on behalf of Phineas Jenks. This episode earned a Solid 9 for its originality and its spontaneity. A Recommended Episode From The 1976-1977 Television Season!!

0 out of 2 people found the following review useful:
A Lesson About Gambling!!, 9 December 2010

The opening part of "Jubilee" began with the Frye family fulfilling their normal chores on the farm. Caleb, Bess, and Anne were welcoming Festus Haggen to the farm for a bite. Tuck Frye was riding his horse -- Jubilee -- instead of taking care of the farm. Tuck's only concern was to win a few races at the start of the show.

Tuck Frye won his race against another horse in town. Ed Wells was interested in purchasing Jubilee for $500 from Tuck Frye at Sam's Bar. Tuck balked at the notion; and by the same token, wanted to obtain more money to raise studs in relation to Jubilee. Bess entered Dodge City with her children at the general store. Burke and Newly said "Hello!" to Bess Frye about Tuck's proposition from Ed Wells. Burke told her that Tuck turned down Ed Wells's offer; she ended her conversation with Burke and Newly. Tuck Frye did not appreciate Bess Frye interfering in his business discussions at Sam's Bar. He told her to head back to the farm. Bess defied his orders ostensibly. Tuck slapped her in the face ... and that was the end of the matter.

Tuck's self-indulgence with Jubilee caused tension and friction on the farm. He wanted to win more races in order to obtain his self-serving attitude ... instead of working on the farm and having their children having essential items like shoes, pants, shirts, and books. His attempt of winning his wife's affection -- albeit in a disgusting way -- would allow him to grant his wife happiness and warmth. His self-serving attitude in reference to his gambling would eventually catch up with him.

Ed Wells would meet Dave Chaney at the Dodge House. The former would do everything possible to obtain possession of Jubilee. The latter would have a horse called Gold Rush in order to beat Jubilee in Saturday's race. Ed Wells arrived at the farm to raise the offer of buying Jubilee for $800. Festus Haggen arrived later at the farm. Tuck Frye was acting sarcastically in reference to Ruth the mule. Festus Haggen had an ulterior motive: he would bet on doing six months' worth of chores at the Frye Farm if Ruth lost to Jubilee in a wager involving tasks versus Tuck Frye's deed. Little did Tuck Frye knew that Festus Haggen would have Ruth race against Jubilee by going around the gorges for about ten miles. Ruth eventually beat Jubilee fair and square in the race into Dodge City. Tuck Frye lost the deed and Jubilee to Ed Wells. He acted resentful and hostile to his loss.

Tuck Frye became drunk and incoherent at Sam's. Miss Kitty eventually told Tuck Frye that he piled on abuse to his friends because of his affliction to gambling. Tuck Frye made a desperate attempt to win back his horse ... even if he wagered all $800 on Jubilee. Dave Chaney did not take more than $400 of Tuck Frye's money. Gold Rush eventually defeated Jubilee in the race. Tuck Frye would eventually realize that he needed to place the remaining $400 in the bank. An Educational 10.5!! Food For Thought: This episode dealt with the lesson about losing everything to gambling from the 1972-1973 Television Season. Some people could lose everything without warning!!

5 out of 5 people found the following review useful:
Hawk's Trial By Fire!!, 24 August 2010

The opening clip of "Hawk" had the character's appearance prevalent in a remote area of the country. Amos Clifford introduced himself to Sergeant Hawk. Rachel Clifford told Amos Clifford to be ready to take his father -- Dave Clifford -- to Dodge City in order to catch the stage to Omaha for his business excursion. Phoebe Clifford was surprised and shocked at Sergeant Hawk's appearance at their house. She had no idea that his presence caused outrage and bitterness.

Phoebe Clifford went to the Dodge House and had a conversation with Sergeant Hawk in his room. She did not want him to ever set foot at the Clifford home again in his lifetime. Sergeant Hawk was doing his best to erase the horrific memories between the Apache Tribe and his early relationship with Phoebe Clifford. He was telling her that forgiveness and resolution were necessary to erase the stigma within his early life. Phoebe Clifford would want no part of his forgiveness ... especially after she spent two years of misery in the Apache Reservation.

Festus Haggen and Sergeant Hawk were starting their trail to find the presence of renegades outside Dodge City. They first stopped at the Clifford home; Rachel and Amos Clifford invited them for breakfast. Phoebe Clifford told Festus Haggen he would have to return on another day for breakfast ... because they did not have enough food to serve company. Her ulterior motive: Phoebe Clifford did not want Sergeant Hawk at their home. Her hatred and her resentment towards Sergeant Hawk indicated that discussion with the person was not to be brought up in the home. Rachel Clifford had tried to convince her mother that the bitter memories between her and Sergeant Hawk were to be forgotten entirely. She could not have cared less as to whether or not she had any emotional reciprocity or any known link to Sergeant Hawk. Case Closed -- Or So It Seemed!!

Sergeant Hawk had then observed the presence of the bow and arrow ... and then the tree limb on the trail. He would eventually be caught into the booby trap and be wounded in an apparent attempt of an ambush. Festus Haggen had to carry Sergeant Hawk to the Clifford home. Rachel Clifford observed Sergeant Hawk being bushwhacked in the battle involving Renegade Indians. Rachel Clifford had to clean his wounds alone -- because Phoebe Clifford was frightened to help him. The presence of Renegade Indians near their home indicated disaster for the Clifford Family. Phoebe Clifford -- with heavy reluctance -- and her two children had to fight off their intruders by using their guns to fend the intruders. Sergeant Hawk's recollection of his early life during the ordeal was his remembrance of Phoebe Clifford's face on the reservation. Sam Clifford would eventually be grabbed from his bedroom ... as a power grab to have Sergeant Hawk surrendering himself in order to free Sam Clifford.

Sergeant Hawk recovered from his wounds well. Dr. Adams told him he was ready to leave for Arizona immediately. Sergeant Hawk said good bye to Rachel and Sam Clifford after he left Dodge City for good. Phoebe Clifford was eventually relieved to see Sergeant Hawk out of their lives. A Useful 10!! This episode dealt with friction and conflict to a large extent between a normal person and a member of the Indian Tribe on "Gunsmoke" from the 1969-1970 Television Season. Highly Recommended!!

Page 1 of 8:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [Next]