Change Your Image
Upload An Image
Crop And Save
Or Reset Your Avatar
There are obviously many other candidates. I chose not to include films that have "just" one racist character or racist scene, so Dumbo, Peter Pan, and others didn't make the cut, though parents really shouldn't show them to their kids without explaining what's wrong with those scence.
And no, films that only POSE as antiracist, like Pocahontas, don't get a free ride. If anything, they do more damage by making racism seem OK.
Nothing But the Truth (2008)
Not Even Close to the Truth...
As a thriller, semi decent, until the ending, which as others have noted, doesn't make a bit of sense and makes you feel you wasted a few hours.
My biggest problem is the film's claim of being a supposed "based on a true story" account. The film's makers claim it was based on the Valerie Plame/Judith Miller scandal at the NY Times.
But it's not even close:
1. Miller outed a CIA agent NOT for any noble reasons, but to advance her own career and political agenda, which was rightwing and favoring the war in Iraq.
2. She did NOT suffer any consequences, other than the rightful scorn of actual journalists.
3. Far from facing jail to protect a source, she OUTED a source on purpose.
4. Far from outing a source by accident that exposed the govt's wrongs, she outed a CIA agent to make it easier for the Bush admin to go to war.
5. She, and Bush's people, did this to punish a CIA agent who reported that there were no WMDs in Iraq.
IOW, Miller was no hero, but a reckless rightwing shill who put a CIA agent in danger for money and fame and to advance an attempt to go to war.
The film has virtual every fact exactly backwards. It could have been written by the most hardcore Neo Conservative. Karl Rove would be proud...
So much for "liberal" Hollywood.