rmeen16-518-831994

Contrived, 2 November 2012

I actually signed up to IMDb in order to write this. I'd be as long winded as the movie but I'm typing on my phone so ill be sparse. This is not a documentary- the "plot" was an obvious set up at certain parts. The movie was schizophrenic, either a "day in the life" or an exposé of the New Orleans bar scene. There was no intellectual challenge or message about poverty/race (why else follow three poor black kids?), and it wasn't even aesthetically pleasing, or technical (I could have shot this movie with a camcorder and I have no experience). And music? the only decent music we get is from the street performers, otherwise the soundtrack is not nearly as impressive as the synopsis I read made it out to be. If the makers were attempting to have music be one of the lightly touched and poorly executed themes, I reckon they failed on that part as well. This one is a walk out folks, I'm upset at myself for sitting through it.