dgefroh

Page 1 of 8:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [Next]

Brimstone (2016)
Wow!! Really an excellent movie!, 29 April 2017

Reviewing movies and or reading reviews is subjective to say the least. So many reviews rave on and yet the movie is a huge disappointment. That said, this movie is so good I'm simply baffled why there wasn't a push by the studio to promote this and give it a fighting chance at the box office. I guess that makes this movie a "sleeper" but it's an exceptional sleeper worth your time and money.

If you want details about the story line, check other reviews, my only goal with this review is to get you to watch this. I'm not a professional reviewer or have any financial interest in this movie, I'm just an "average Joe" movie watcher with an opinion. In my opinion, this is an excellent movie and should be watched.

The story is terrific and unique, the acting is simply OUTSTANDING, the way the entire story was told is creative and unique. Note-this is a violent movie, at times disturbing violence, so if that offends you then this movie is not for you. For everyone else, watch this winner!!

So boring, 4 February 2017

Reading the reviews of this bore-fest movie, I thought it was going to be this wonderful coming of age movie that would not only entertain but maybe even enlighten....NOT!!! I understand that the acting was good, which it was, but when do you watch a movie strictly to review the acting? NEVER!! This story is so slow, so boring, so meaningless that to give it any consideration for viewing is a huge mistake. I think the writing is so poor I'm amazed this ever got to the big screen. A great cast cannot and will not turn poor writing into a good movie.

I kept thinking that at some point the movie theme and direction would straighten out and actually engage me....WRONG. This way too long of a movie never finds it lane, there is (in my opinion of course)just nothing here worth watching.

Want a honest review, read this, 25 November 2016

I find it so frustrating to read review after review hailing these fringe movies and leading the movie goers astray. I've no financial interest in any of the movies I review, I tell it like it is for the typical movie goer with hope that my honest appraisal is what you are seeking.

Now to this movie.....Ti West wrote & directed this movie, so what! Who's he? My 11 year old grandson could of written as good a script as this want-a-be spaghetti western. If for any reason you are going to watch this movie because Ti West is involved just forget it, if this is an example of his movie making, maybe he should try another profession because good film making is NOT his thing.

Well what about the acting you ask? Terrible comes to mind, pathetic also fits in nicely. Whatever possessed John Travolta & Ethan Hawke to tie their wagon to this is beyond me. Both of those guys were better before, obviously they've either fallen on hard times and good roles don't come their way anymore or else they are broke and sold their acting soul for the almighty dollar. The entire cast over acts, maybe it's the writing, I think it's that deadly combination of terrible acting and even worst writing.

I love western movies, I'm always looking for good ones to watch. While the story was corny, the acting horrid, the dialog was stupid, and the out-come predictable, the movie was watchable. I did not fast forward any part of this one, I sat through it all right to the bitter end. I think the reason why I was able to endure this movie is only because I do like western movies and this one kind of fits the bill.

When you are deciding if you should watch this movie or not, I'm hopeful my review at least sets the table for you. Unless you are a die-hard western fan, I'd say take a serious pass on this want-to-be movie.

Want the truth on this movie, read this review, 2 November 2016

What is happening on a lot of the reviews posted on the IMDb site is that the reviewer must have an interest be that financial or simply they know the actors, writers, producers, etc. What ends up happening is when we (a typical IMDb user) check the reviews on little known movies, we end up getting a load of BS and personal bias.

Let me set the record straight on this movie for anyone looking for a honest personal review. This is maybe the worst movie made in the last couple of years. There is no story, the acting is pathetic, it's way too long, way to slow, there is absolutely no reason to watch this garbage. Your life cannot be so completely void that you need to bring this trite into it. To say this movie is a complete and total waste of time would actually be understating it. I'm sick and tired of being misled by brain dead reviewers. The bottom line is avoid this movie, do NOT waste your precious time or money on this crap, even with your finger on the fast forward button, it won't make this one go away soon enough. Just in case you didn't quite get the message....I HATED THIS MOVIE AND EVERYTHING ABOUT IT INCLUDING THOSE REVIEWERS WHO RECOMMENDED IT.

Outlaws and Angels should be OUTLAWED for viewing, 10 August 2016

Really people, would anyone with even half a brain rate this garbage better than a 2? I can't believe some of the reviews I've read on this site that actually can find even one redeeming quality with this crappy movie.

The writing is terrible, the acting is awful, the story line is juvenile, and the movie besides being complete and total rubbish, is so boring that even fast forwarding it won't get you to the bitter end fast enough.

When IMDb give this trite a 5+ rating we know all is wrong in the world. Those brain dead reviewers who pushed the rating for this crap should be banned for life from ever sharing an opinion ever again. Take it from me, this movie is so bad you'll be dumber just for even considering it.

Traded (2017)
Traded should be traded for a root canal, 28 June 2016

The rating currently on IMDb is so out of wack on this terrible movie, I'm questioning if this site is now really worth checking prior to watching a movie. Those that rate this trite as anything other than awful should be avoided, they either did not watch this so called movie or they may be investors or have some skin in the game and are trying to artificially inflate the rating.

The story is so predictable I wonder if the writer has ever had an original idea in his life. Well then, you say if the writing is terrible, how about the acting? I've seen better acting at grade school productions, wooden stiff unemotional go through the paces so called acting makes this almost unbearable, but wait it gets ever worst, the dialog is so corny and unrealistic the only answer is to hit the fast forward button.

To say this is a complete and total waste of your time, money, and brain cells goes without saying, Traded should be avoided and movies like this should be barred by law, have a wall built around them, and banded from entering the USA, your movie theater, or TV.

Lord have MERCY, I didn't LOVE it, 3 January 2016

If there is any thing certain, it's that you cannot judge your movie picks based on the ratings given on this site. This so called movie is so bad, so boring, so long, and so much of a complete and total waste of time, that one feels dumber simply having watched it. I must continue...should you decide to trust other reviewers and watch this drivel, keep you finger on the fast forward button, as that really is the only way to get through this bore-fest.

Let me start with I really do like the Beach Boys, I like and respect Brian Wilson, he is a music icon and genius and deserves so much better than this crap. His story could be and should be compelling and interesting to music lovers, but this sad so called production does him and his story an huge dis-service. I cannot find any redeeming factors in this movie other than Elizabeth Banks is really a cutie, other than that the acting is over the top, the story is NOT developed, and they really don't even include any Beach Boy music other than short snip-its of their songs just to tease you. That said why watch this? My suggestion....DON'T!!!

Dixieland (2015/I)
Go-Away-Go-Away Dixieland, 19 December 2015

How on earth did this movie ever earn a 5+ rating on this site is totally beyond me. If this isn't the worst movie of the year it's at least a top contender. If you are checking reviews to determine if you should watch this pathetic wanna be movie, disregard anyone who suggests this movie is decent.

Let me begin with the acting, I've seen better acting from a grade school production, in other words the acting stunk! How about the dialog? The dialog must of been written by a grade school drop-out. When I say nobody talks like that, trust me nobody does. Well then what about the story line you ask....there is no story line, oh wait, I guess if you like to watch unlikable losers smoke in every scene then I guess maybe there is a story line for you, for the rest of us who want substance, don't look here as there is none to be found.

I totally hated this movie, probably more so because some of the reviewers on this site actually thought this was a good movie and tricked me into watching it. WARNING!! Do not believe anyone who recommends any facet of this bore feast of a movie which by the way moves slower than a 3 legged turtle in quicksand.

So bad you will be instantly dumber for having watched it, 27 May 2015

Is this the same network that gave us "The Hatfields and McCoys" and "The Vikings"? What the heck is going on? They must of drafted their writers, directors, and producers straight out of elementary school for this lame attempt at a historical saga. What about the decent lineup of Hollywood talent who signed onto this junk, did they fail to read the movie script? Guess so, and guess what, it didn't matter as each and everyone of them are simply miserable in their respective roles. This mini series is so bad and such a complete waste of time, a colonoscopy would be more enjoyable then laboring through this trite.

I think the trailers they used to promote this garbage were quite convincing, and many of us thought this was going to be really something to see. Well, I guess we've all been duped, remember not to judge the book by the cover huh. Next time the History Channel attempts another epic saga we will all take it with a serious grain of salt.

The Barber (2014/II)
The barber is a cut below God awful, 21 April 2015

How and why IMDb rates this so called movie at or around a 5.7 is beyond me. This movie is a classic B- movie from the first scene to the final credits. Forget the storyline as the writer of this movie doesn't have a clue what a good storyline is, what it may look like, or how to fashion an even interesting tale.

I could get into what this stupid movie is about, but if that is what your looking for then read the IMDb summary, what I want to share is my opinion of "The barber". First and foremost this movie has people acting and doing things nobody would ever do, the plot is so stupid your only reasonable response is to fast forward the entire movie to the end so you can be done with it. Scott Glenn was once a decent actor who took reasonably good roles, he has obviously fallen on hard times to take on crap like this.

Here's the bottom-line on this movie, if you like stories that are so unrealistic and unbelievable then maybe this movie is for you after-all, However, if you enjoy a good drama, a good plot, decent acting, a storyline that makes sense, a movie that draws you in and keeps you invested in the story, then this trite called "The barber" is not worth your time, effort, or attention....avoid it like the plague, you can thank me later.

Page 1 of 8:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [Next]