Koshish (1972)
One more master-piece from Gulzar and Sanjeev Kumar, 11 October 2012

It is a strange love story of deaf and dumb couple but still it is more expressive than any other love story. It is not all about their dignity to live proudly but it also touches the emotional side of this unique couple. It also represent the struggle of deaf and dumb couple to live a comfortable life style.

This is third movie of Gulzar which I watched after Andhi and Machis. Gulzar is changing my views on Indian cinema by some superb writings and directions. Now I am looking forward to Ijaazat, Mausam and Khushboo.

And yes Sanjeev must be mentioned because of his splendid performance as a Haricharan. He and Jaya makes the movie more beautiful and emotional.

An intelligent comedy, 28 September 2012

Oh My God is based on successful gujarati play Kanji Viruddh Kanji. Oh My God is a story of Kanjibhai who does not believe in god. One day Kanjibhai's shop gets destroyed in earthquake. Then Kanjibhai complains about God in court.

Paresh Rawal is absolutely splendid as a Kanjibhai and his arguments about reality of religion will make you think for a while. Akshay also plays the role of lord Krishna superbly. Surprise package of the film is Mithun Chakraborty. His comic timing is bang on.

First half of the film is filled with some good comedy sequences and second half will make you amazed with some heart touching and heart shaking scenes. Main USP of the film is its unique concept. The film ends with a noble message. Story is perfectly directed by Umesh Shukla and he deserve a big cheer.

Oh My God is a must watch film for everyone because intelligent Kanjibhai and modern lord Krishna cant be missed.