ParaNorman (2012)
Not for kids and especially not for Christian kids., 8 September 2012

First of all, this was a B movie at best. The CGI was clumsy and the voice over acting forced. The character interaction depicts dysfunctional interactions between parents and their child with the father at one point opining that he wished his son had not been born the way he was. The worst part however was the creators deciding to make one of the characters gay in the last scene of the movie leaving me to explain to a 7 year old why a teenage boy is not interested in a teenage girl because he has a boyfriend. This had nothing to do with the plot or ending of the movie. It was simply a throw away line. At this point it occurred to me that this was the point of the movie. The entire movie is about a boy who can see the dead and how he was picked on for it. It then goes on to explain that a little girl who was just like him was hung for it in the 1700s. Of course at the very end when the whole town embraces him for being "different" the older boy turns down a date because he has a boyfriend. If this movie doesn't have an agenda I don't know what does.