SHLaw

Halloween (2007)
a horrifying blow to a once terrifying story, 2 September 2007

When I first heard that Rob Zombie was remaking the original Halloween I was more surprised then anything. I didn't know too much about Rob Zombie, but I did think that remaking the film wasn't the best choice. my thought was that if they did want to remake it then first they should do a FINAL Halloween sequel to finish off the Halloween series and finally give it an end, then film a remake for October 2008 (the 30th anniversary) but instead we get a rushed written script, rushed filming and production and a back story to a once terrifying character that proved to be overdone and drawn out. I could not believe how poor the dialog was, it was if the director believed that use of poor language was necessary in making a successful movie. the movie opens in a such a way that anyone who has seen the original will say that it does not fit the story. Michael's family is just pure white trash, what's the point of that. all the death scenes contained way too much gore, and every girl that was killed, had to be done while having sex and nude. a lot of the characters that we're killed, had no point to be killed. the second half of the film was completely rushed we didn't get to see much of the other characters. Scout-Taylor Compton is a gifted actress, but the script gave her no acceptable lines or enough screen time. the placement of carpenter's music does not fit at all. being the fan of Halloween that i am, i could not wait for the movie to be over. if a sequel is made to this movie i only hope that rob zombie is not asked to write or direct it. this movie makes Halloween resurrection look like a masterpiece, that should explain it all.