Reviews

2 ReviewsOrdered By: Date
Now You See Me (I) (2013)
A fun ride, but something's missing
31 May 2013
This is an interesting concept, surely not a genre played out much in Hollywood. The cast is jam packed with all stars giving great (but not their best) performances. The missing piece of the puzzle? Character development.

That's not to say that there is any lack of interesting characters, each of the four horsemen bring a very unique style to the movie (besides Henley, she's rather weak as a character), and the sheer amount of Talent present in each scene guarantees that you'll be entertained.

10/10? Hardly. But definitely a solid 8 for me. Entertaining, fun, and definitely a concept worth exploring on the big screen. Just remember, the closer you look, the less you'll actually see.
180 out of 333 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Skyfall (2012)
Bond is back
9 November 2012
Ian Fleming would be quite proud of this fast paced, down to earth, yet larger than life Bond movie. Skyfall shows the more human side of Bond, which is something that is rarely seen outside of his drinking habits and taste in women. Daniel Craig shows that he's not only got the swagger and brute-force to be Bond, but also the fatigue and never-give-up attitude that comes with being a more tested and human Bond than any other actor has been able to do before. Is he the best Bond ever? I say so.

Javier Bardem puts on a masterful show as Silva, a true Bond villain who's brilliance is only matched by his unflinching cruelty. This potent combination of brawn and brilliance makes Skyfall the most relevant and personal Bond in years, and everyone, from causal fans to die hard Bond fans like myself, can thoroughly enjoy the it's excellence. There are 4 words that can sum up one of the best movies of the year, and my personal favorite Bond movie of them all: welcome back, Mr. Bond.
18 out of 38 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this