jameslucasutley

Great film, but a 9.0? Seriously?, 25 August 2013

I'm giving this film an eight because I think that is what it deserves. It has a great performance by Heath Ledger, and it is the type of film which keeps your eyes glued to the screen from start to end. But, here are my problems.

If you take out Heath Ledger's performance, the film wouldn't have been as memorable, as it would lack a strong antagonist. Should this film be glorified as 'One of the greatest films ever made' just based on one persons performance?

This film has already taken over 12 angry men, fight club, Schindler's list, star wars, Goodfellas and one flew over the cuckoos nest on the IMDb top 250. But in my opinion, the Dark Knight doesn't come close to these films.

This film is great but definitely doesn't deserve to be put 6th on IMDb top 250. Also I've noticed Inception is 14th greatest film, that definitely doesn't deserve that bloody rating. My review/rant is over , Thank you

People arguing, but sometimes zombies show up, 24 March 2013

Okay, so let me get this one thing straight. This show is not awful, so I don't understand the 1 star ratings, but this show is definitely not a masterpiece for these reasons.

I don't know why there is so much buzz around this show, the scenario is very predictable and completely unoriginal. The good ole' wake up in a hospital in a zombie apocalypse idea. This isn't necessarily a terrible thing, but it really is a problem as it forces the whole show to become stereotypical and similar to, well really any zombie flick.

The characters are not very well acted, so you won't see this show nominated for 'Best Actor in a Drama Series'. If the show was well acted, maybe the viewers would benefit from it.

The first season was honestly quite entertaining,(However still cliché) but the second season was really slow paced and I found myself wanting to skip some scenes. The third season improved on the slow paced episodes, but by that time I had bad views on the show.

Overall the show could have been great, but it is those things bringing it down that can't make it such a good show. I wish there wasn't so much buzz around such an average show!

Tarantino creates yet another great film!, 13 January 2013

Being a big Tarantino fan, I was exited for this film, and I did not get disappointed! It was fantastic! The film played truly to Tarantino's style and with the use of good music, I felt it was a 'Tarantino film'.

Lets start off with the actors, most of the cast did a great job performing. However, Christoph Waltz, Samuel L Jackson, Leonardo Di Caprio and Kerry Washington stood out the most! When you have all of them in one scene, you know its gonna be a good one! Jamie Foxx did a great job as Django, but didn't shine like the others.

The actual film was amazing! The plot was more complex than it sounds, it's not just 'A slave gets revenge on a plantation owner who has his wife'. There are many other paths the film goes into. The film was longer than most Tarantino films and you start to think, 'Mabye a couple of scenes should have been taken out'. But then it's hard to think of a scene to cut out! I suppose the KKK scene wasn't very relevant, but it was a great scene! This film should not be missed!