bill-jason

Was this supposed to be funny??, 11 April 2012

The movie version of "21 Jump Street" was supposed to be a comedy, I guess. And I guess you would think it's funny if you love the same old jokes about penises over and over from beginning of the movie to the very end, literally.

I thought the movie was going to show how two older, wiser guys go back to high school as undercover cops, and show those young kids what's up. THAT would have been interesting. Instead, they go right back to how they were as kids, bumbling and fumbling their way along, and doing a LOT of stupid things as well.

The juvenile behavior the two leads exhibit ruins any dramatic elements of the movie. They don't act like two adults pretending to be kids, they act more like two kids pretending to be cops.

The original 21 Jump Street with Johnny Depp was a good show. The movie version with Channing Tatum and Jonah Hill was just dumb, sorry.

This is easily Tatum's worst film, and I can't stand Jonah Hill. Hill is not funny, just annoying, and it makes sense that he co-wrote the script.

You can tell Hill has no idea what a cool person is actually like, so he throws in about a hundred penis jokes, along with the usual drug and sexual comments, which take no imagination or creativity at all.

Big time bomb.