bellhollow

Page 1 of 8:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [Next]

Sharknado (2013) (TV)
Awfullly funny, 22 July 2013

This film is so ridiculous that it should only be watched at parties where you can throw rotten tomatoes at the screen. The plot is ridiculous, the acting is a joke, and the script is so dumb that I can only imagine what the sequel will be, Blendernado. A bunch of blenders at an infomercial are hit by a tornado and people are blended to death and sold as smoothies. This movie is one of those laugh out loud movies where you must be trashed to enjoy. The girl falling out of the helicopter and being ate by the shark to have Ian Zearing save her was just so silly I almost peed my pants. I'm not sure, but I think sharks out of water tend to DIE. But don't let that stop this movie. How about spiders living in water? Could we have underwater tornado? How about Space Tornadoes? This film is so stupid it will be around FOREVER! Congrads Tara, you now have a second film that will outlive the American Pie series.

Mental (2012)
Well worth watching the entire movie, 15 July 2013

This is a fantastic cast but you must watch the entire movie and not quit because you want laughs at the beginning. YOU must watch the situations be set up. I had to watch this twice to catch all of the words as I am Australian accent deficient. The ending is wonderful. Please watch this with an open mind as you may just be surprised at how well you can laugh. Colletti is fantastic as usual and this is probably one of the first movies I've watched where she didn't have to be so darn serious all the time. The mother is just wonderful and is so polly-anna I thought I was watching Dinah Shore playing Melanie on Carol Burnett, sticking her head in the sugar bowl. And the Daddy is so different than Without A Trace. Watch it and laugh.

You Again (2010)
What good actors do when they have a bad script., 19 April 2011

This movie should be reworked into about a ten minute short. Keep the scenes of our lead actress being thrown out of school. Keep the bride giving her a bridesmaid necklace with MOO on it. Keep Jamie Lee trashing the room of Sigourney Weaver. Then have the Betty White/Chloris Leachman scene at the end. That's it. Cut out all of the garbage that bad people somehow become good. Why would you give a MOO necklace to someone that you wanted to be friends with? The acting is a 10 plus, the script is an F- which translates to an F- movie. Whomever wrote this script couldn't decide if they wanted to make this a revenge movie or about growing up. Betty White is great, Hall eats Oats, not so great. I am so sorry that this ensemble made such a stinker and I hope that they remember to give everyone a second chance by being in something that has a whole lot better script.

Vampires Suck and so does the show. SPOILER ALERT, 24 February 2011

This was one of those movies where the ending wasn't good, the last half of the movie wasn't good, and somebody forgot this was supposed to be a funny show. It could have been funny but having a werewolf chase a cat two or three times ceases to be funny. The ending could of been good, but instead of letting the lead vampire get a club to the head, they had to have Becca show her fangs. Just let the damn movie end. At least the club to the head would be a shocker like a girl getting run over by a car at the end of Scarry Movie. This was just not very well written and was just a "Let's make some money" and turn people off to satires completely.

No ending, welcome to Star Wars II, 17 July 2006

I really, really, really don't like a movie without an ending which is why I never saw but two of the star war movies. I may actually go see the third one because I did not like the slime ball Johnny Depp character but I loved the creole witch/fortune teller. The ending was really neat but then again, there was no ending. And I was the idiot who went and saw this over the Devil wears Prada (which I guess I wasn't an idiot since this is the better movie). Outstanding special effects, wonderful story, but then again we are back to that no ending thing. I did watch KILL BILL I & II and they informed me quite nicely that I would have to wait for the second movie. But not this stinker. Hopefully Depp will come back as a rotten stinking tomato and have to be turned into tomato juice and then he can become the ghost of the Red Sea. Really great movie, except, no ending.

Not much of a story, 17 July 2006

This really is just about as much a chick flick as you can possibly come up with. The premise of the movie is good but then it just kind of becomes this Disneyish movie and nothing really awfully bad happens and the Devil in Meryl Streep is not much of a devil just a sorry boss who would fire you if you didn't kiss her rear in forty different places - not much different from any other overpaid, overpriced boss who thinks they do more than they ever could. I was hoping in the scene when the twins told her to come upstairs and give the mock up copy to Meryl, that the twins were going to draw mustaches on the book and all kinds of other stuff. But the movie is just there and doesn't really produce a pure devil. Ending is good, story is lacking, but the videography is superb, fantastic, wonderful. If this movie does anything, it makes everyone who watches it want to go to Paris or New York City. And of course the wonderful jewelry on Meryl is photographed very, very well.

Hostel (2005)
This is the one really mean movie you MUST watch!, 31 May 2006

There are three movies in my lifetime that I have watched that captured the true meanness of the killer. They are "Play Misty for Me", "Dirty Harry" and "Hostel". All three movies do not give much leeway in the killers actions, they are killers, they kill. They may be nuts but let's not get lost in trying to figure out how to rehabilitate their sorry minds. Hostel is true from beginning to end, mean as hell. The beginning is a little slow of a setup but still, this is not supposed to be about Betty Crocker at the Pillsbury Bake-Off. This is a twisted variation of "The Most Dangerous Game", and nothing is left to the imagination. The only difference is that this has a good ending. The hero does not end up enjoying killing and become the new Hostel owner (hope this is not the route of Hostel 2) but instead kills 4 of the people responsible for killing his two buddies. The best scene is where the hero runs over the three killers, and the black haired woman looks up from the ground after being run over, just in time to be run over by the automobile chasing the hero. I was like, "Yeah", as if Iowa had just beat LSU on a last second toss at a football bowl game.

Endings are the most critical ingredient of a great movie. This movie has it.

Maybe Hostel 2 will be how he goes back and kills the management of the Hostel - or maybe the Asian friends of the two women murdered go back and slice the management up with Samuri swords.

Pretty good, pretty predictable. (SPOILERS, 23 February 2006

The really good thing about this movie was never really knowing the true motives are previous jobs of the character played by Matt Dillon. Was he a mobster? Was he a good looking low life? His buddy seemed to have some kind of hold on him. And the bottom line is there is no honor among thieves. Enjoyed the ending but don't care much about seeing another Matt Dillon film with the extra scenes revealed to the audience at the end of the movie. NO MORE. I wasn't sure if a group could pull of this heist, how could they be so stupid as to let them kill each other off. That's where it kind of soured. But the eventually revealed ending was quite nice. Sometimes bad things do happen to bad people.

Very Realistic, 18 August 2005

This movie was more of a passage into manhood for one gay man, and how he must deal with everyone. His mother is depressed, his younger sister is a pain, his older sister is somewhat accepting. The relationship looks good with his boyfriend/exhooker and he leaves his family to try life with this first guy. Unfortunately, the new guy screws around on him and says it really didn't mean anything. Our young gay man goes bonkers and ends up in the looney bin and eventually leaves, dumping his new lover and starting over. We are left with him starting over and viewing, not participating, in happiness. So maybe things will go better for him in the future. The ending was kind of a downer but the whole movie was entirely realistic and so I will let this real ending slip bye with a high rating.

Pretty good movie, 18 August 2005

This movie was about the 24 hour period of the end of one relationship, the other guy, and the kid who wants to be the new guy. I loved Kathy Kinney's character and how she had stories behind her paintings. She seemed like the average joe, trying to make a living while having a little fun. The ending was not expected and made Steve Buscemi's character look like a guy with a lot of class. Casting was great and the acting was like I was watching a normal group of people dealing with AIDS. And guess what, none of the main characters die in the movie. I felt like I could just be watching in on a real life as opposed to some scripted reality show. I'll probably like this more after I've seen it a couple of times.

Page 1 of 8:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [Next]