Lists by ivern-326-711636
Terrible (1, 2, 3)
Average (5, 6)
1. They have to feature recurring characters.
2. I have to think they're great (hence the title).
3. The three movies have to individually serve as parts of a three-act narrative that begins with the first one and concludes with the third one.
4. It can't be heavily connected to a previous film or (film) series, so trilogies like the Hobbit trilogy and the Star Wars prequel trilogy are not allowed, but reboot trilogies like the Dark Knight trilogy are.
5. Even if a trilogy's continuity is followed up in some way (for example, Star Wars: The Force Awakens), that won't disqualify that trilogy, as one movie's narrative can't retroactively disqualify another's original meaning (English translation: If I feel that a story should end there, it ends there).
In the descriptions, I will rank each entry in the trilogies by "the strongest link", "the weakest link" and "in the middle". Do keep in mind that this does not reflect my thoughts on each individual film, as some — if not most — of these trilogies are very consistent in terms of quality.
Also, considering how long it takes for Pixar movies to come out in Norway, this list won't always be up to date.