Reviews written by
MarshallDillon

Tilt!, 12 December 2004

This is more of a very gory slapstick comedy than an average horror film. Prior to Freddy Vs. Jason I never saw either a "Nightmare On Elm Street" movie nor a "Friday The 13th" movie. But with that, I had the fortune to see these guys in perfect competition shape: Freddy with his (I believe it's new) Demon-look and Jason played by Ken Kirzinger, who seems fitter than Kane Hodder: he's bigger, his eyes look more fitting... Yes, they actually managed to give these infamous slashers some emotional background!

As for the supporting cast: mediocre teen actors doing at what there best: having sex, drinking, smoking dope and getting slashed.

So overall, this movie has it all: Blood spraying around, bodies getting "arranged" newly, good-looking lead actors and a nice story idea! As for the latter, I'd have to mention that it was a really terrific idea to review that good ole "Monster Meets Monster" thing.. if you like horror movies, you should definitely take a look!

The 'Burbs (1989)
God I love this street., 12 December 2004

Alright, here we have something which is among my favourite horror comedies ever. Almost everybody in the cast from the superb (as always) Tom Hanks to his family (Carrie Fisher, Cory Danziger), his neighbors (Bruce Dern, Corey Feldman, Rick Ducommun) to the infamous Klopeks, Hans, Uncle Reuben & Dr. Werner Klopek, just how these guys look laughable. As any good horror movie, it goes from little creeps to one big finale with things exploding and an overall really big chaos. It also features many scenes reminiscent of old horror movies from Hammer films or movies like "The Exorcist" and "The Sentinel", both of which get a mention in the movie.

If you like horror comedies like "The Frighteners" or "Addams Family", you should really check this out. I loved it!

"24" (2001)
One of the most original and compelling series ever, 11 December 2004

Yes... I love this series. I bought it on the big DVD pack with the complete first season, because it isn't available in German television right now. Anyway, I love it because it's not only the concept which makes it thrilling, even without that real-time style it would be extremely exciting and suspenseful. Also, it stars one of my top ten favourite stars, Kiefer Sutherland, and a truckload of exceeding supporting actors. Elisha Cuthbert, Leslie Hope, Sarah Clarke, Xander Berkeley, Dennis Haysbert... I could go on forever, even the characters who die after two episodes are very convincing.

Overall one of the things you can't stop watching after you've seen five minutes of it.

One of the movies that really deserve the term CLASSIC, 11 December 2004

Oh my god. This is really one of the funniest, goriest and best filmed horror movies I've ever seen. Maybe it's actually the best in these categories, but I normally don't put anything on top to be better than everything else. You probably heard of these infamous scenes, where all kinds of body parts fly around, demons manifesting themselves in the flesh etc etc. This movie is definitely a must-see for all horror movie lovers out there, you will love it. Good, the effects and the monster make-ups could as well be made in the 50's, but who cares! It's that kind of nostalgic and well paced energy which makes Sam Raimi one of the best horror directors out there, along with George Romero, John Carpenter and Wes Craven. If you haven't watched this movie, go see it, and if you already know it, watch it again!!!!