abcvision

Page 1 of 24:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [Next]

Bad Moms (2016)
love you mama, 12 August 2016

Don't let the titles movie title, Bad Moms, fool you. This movie is an homage to all moms out there that work hard to improve the lives around them. It takes place in home where a mom, Ann (Mila Kunis) is stressed out with the hurried lives of her kids and disconnected husband. She also works bringing home the bacon in startup coffee company. She reaches a breaking point and enough is enough. She makes time to step back to help herself before she can help others. In the process she teams up with 2 other moms (Carla -Kathryn Hahn- Kiki -Kristen Bell- )and they make a trifecta coalition. Created a revolution for call of action for all moms. They are not going to take it anymore. A few touching scenes and this movie will definitely make you pause and thank your mother. As the saying goes, mothers could not be everywhere so that is why he created moms. You will laugh and cry in this movie and be more grateful for moms everywhere.

bun bites, 12 August 2016

Not your typical animation, Sausage Party is a look into one of the modern world's obsession-food. It delves into the grocery aisles and tells the story from their perspective. Where the love interest of a particular hot dog and bun yearning for each other so intense that they delve into tip play. Raunchy at times, this adolescent humor is funny at times and as long as you enter with that in mind, the movie is pretty good. No stereotype is left behind as you discover a talking taco and whole cast of misfits. The hot dog through his odyssey discovers foods fate and uses it as a cause to warn others. The danger of the human gods and how food nourishes their cravings. There are tender moments where the foods come together for a united front. These horny treats leave nothing behind as the audience is left with there is not better to satisfy a craving that indulge in a little food play. I liked the movie and enjoyed a hearty laugh even when I knew I should not have.

Trust no evil, 9 August 2016

Sometimes to combat evil you must use some evil. The premise of Suicide Squad is that a top secret cohort of despicable criminals are put together to fight a world threat. The first part of the movie is intense back story. So much that I felt I needed to take notes. Then you have these bad dudes assembled and they conflict with their handlers. To me the movie had the potential to be awesome but was a blend of bits rolled into one. Very intense fighting scenes that were obviously created with 3D in mind. Theses misfits come together to create their own family and seek to discover what is really important- family, friends and an honorable word. Harley Quinn does not disappoint as the sultry villainess. These heroes are on a self destructive odyssey. All for one and one for all. This movie takes you oo the road less traveled. One might ask, can evil be trusted?

Rock and Roll, 17 April 2015

Danny Collins (Al Pachino) is an aging rock singer that continues to tour with his one hit wonder. He discovers a long lost letter from John Lennon and wonders what could have been. This sets Danny on a quest of self discovery and wonder how he can now change his life to a more fulfilling and satisfying. This is classic Pachino and a cute movie. It gives you hope and makes you wonder if old dogs can learn new tricks. The adventure continues as the rock star fights to get rid of his rock star ways. But he makes friend where he goes and discovers how all that he needs is right in front of him. Some really good warm scenes and good peek inside rock and roll.

Cowboys, 17 April 2015

- I really thought The Longest Ride was going to be a sappy movie based on a book by Nicholas Sparks. I was mistaken. Yes, it can be sappy but turns out to be a good story. A young couple, a city girl and a cowboy go out on a date only to discover they are too different for it to work. They drive up to an accident scene and the cowboy saves the driver while the gal discovers a lot of letters. This sets a path to a past love story and sets the course for the cowboy and city girl to have a little faith in finding love even though circumstances may point elsewhere. I believe this is a good date movie or just a feel good story. Long live cowboys.

Get Hard (2015)
Rise up, 17 April 2015

Two great funny men are brought together, Kevin Hart and Will Ferrell in this tough as nails movie. James King (Will Ferrell) is in a pinch, he has been sentence to a maximum security prison after a white collar crime. He seeks Darnell Lewis (Kevin Hart) to teach him the ropes on life on the inside and keys to his survival. This movie is funny, and lots of good bits. Silly at times but you would expect that with these two lead characters. I enjoyed it and always enjoy a good belly laugh. I enjoyed the film and sometimes crime does pay. Will Ferrell shared all his funny style from his took box and kevin hart worked to keep up. But seems that funny is funny and this is a great film with a happy ending.

Furious 7 (2015)
I like to go fast, 17 April 2015

It took 7 Fast and Furious movies before I actually sat down and watched a whole movie. I had seen bits and pieces of others but this one was my first. It teaches me that you can save the world with fast cars, lots of bikini clad females, and long stares by the actors. This story sets off with an explosive chase, the crew is brought back together to save the world against an evil forces. They move fast, talk fast, and act fast. But in the end, the need for speed is clear and this is one tale that will keep your head spinning. This movie is an adventure that will keep you going. I hate to say it, but I am ready for Fast and Furious 8 and go back to see the foundations. Dr Wilson Trivino

atlanta rising, 13 April 2015

I grew up in Atlanta and one locale that was iconic around town was Dante Down the Hatch. The main restaurant was in the heart of Buckhead but there was for a minute a location in Underground Atlanta. The owner, Dante was an eccentric fellow that always had spunk and a certain spring to his step. He could tell a good story and regardless if it were a tall tale, he entertained like a showman. What we deem as progress in Atlanta often takes form of hydrogenous store fronts with no sense of history or character. This is what happen to Dante's Down the Hatch after he got an offer too good to refuse. Dante did share his bounty and give his employees a year's severance and Jef Bredemeier took it as an opportunity to capture the ship under Peachtree Street. The movie centers on Dante's philosophy and he takes credit for bringing the fondue movement to the South. Mix with Jazz and an eclectic décor, this restaurant was quite an adventure. It served as a hub of first dates, celebrations, and good old fashion bar talk. The movie does a good job of capturing the tales from a 43 adventure as a restaurateur and even showcases the live crocs that lived in the motes. Dante's Down the Hatch is a nostalgic trip to an Atlanta institution and also a road map to the tenets of running a successful business. I viewed it as part of the 2015 Atlanta Film Festival in Atlanta Georgia.

Good Eats, 13 April 2015

be true to you, 13 April 2015

- Seems that no matter how advanced a civilization we have become, we still have taboos about sexual identity. In the movie In the Turn, it follows women who do not fit the traditional mold and are deemed as outcast. They find solace in the roller girls world and discover that no matter how different they may feel, there are others that feel the same way. This movie has heart and it follows Crystal a 10 year old transgender girl in rural Canada who has a dream to play on a girls team. She faces daily persecution and this has impacted her view of herself and the world around her. What the roller girl community did was support her to go to a camp and finally play a sport with other girls. You soon realize that these women and men are not different from anyone else. They want to love, connect and belong to a community that nurtures their dreams. In the Turn is a positive story of good things that are happening in the world. I saw it as part of the 2015 Atlanta Film Festival in Atlanta, Georgia.

Page 1 of 24:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [Next]