Arik_P

"Homeland" (2011)
Brilliant, 2 January 2012

This is a masterpiece of TV thriller/action/drama . Sharp, sophisticated, clear and crisp. Excellent performance of the entire cast.It's realistic tense, action packed 12 hours of just well made TV.!The storyline is crafted in such a brilliant way that from the first episode ,one can not wait to see how the drama concludes. I said realistic , as the cast so brilliantly fit in to their characters. Mandy Patinkin's performance is outstanding as the voice of sanity throughout the events.Claire Danes is having a double role as the CIA agent and as being Bipolar . Finally Damian Lewis:The creators could not have found anyone better to play Nicholas Brody.

RED 2 (2013)
Red2 is Red2.DO Not Expect The Original RED, 7 August 2013

All you can eat action,car chases, explosions, old timers fun, traveling across Europe and the US.Bruce Willis is Bruce Willis and John Malkovich is John Malkovich.Great actors, having fun in this action thriller that will not keep you on the edge of the chair,yet will put a smile and occasional laugh on you face.As one tries to compare to the original,some feelings of disappointment may crawl your thoughts.With that said this great team with Helen Mirren and others are great fun for almost 2 hours of CIA/MI6/KGB/FBI playing as well unorganized orchestra together and one against each other.No one better than Anthony Hopkins to cast to his specific role.He is brilliant!

Gravity (2013)
The Good: It's only 90 minutes, and the Filming Technique –Otherwise it's a catastrophe, 13 November 2013

The Good:It's only 90 minutes,and the Filming Technique .I was about to get out after 60 minutes but as it was raining outside I preferred to stay. The way this film is made is astonishing! Amazing. As it's in 3D you almost feel a part of the team orbiting in space.Though I have not been in space ,the space stations, and all the equipment seem to be realistic. The special effects are spectacular !So everything that has to do with the technology behind this movie is 10/10.HOWEVER: everything with the plot is "out of this world".The plot looks like a Swiss cheese full of holes.Sandra Bullock, George Clooney are as good as they are, although George Clooney has a short appearance in the movie, so for most of the movie it's a Sandra Bullock monologue.

A Masterpiece Suspense Drama Made in Israel! Bravo., 9 March 2014

Made in Israel!Filmed around and in Jerusalem.This excellent thriller/drama ,which is the foundation for the CBS aired HOSTAGES,will keep you glued to your chairs/sofa wherever you are. Each episode will end before you notice it even begun. Ayelet Zurer and Yair Lotan ,as well as the rest of the cast, are giving us a compelling performance . Although fiction ,yet one keeps thinking ...what if.... The story line is not just about "the task "given to Dr Danon.There are several other "issues" going on at the same time without them casting any shadow on the main story line.And remember one thing,the show does not end until the fat lady sings. With season 2 now reaching episode 8 the plot thickens.Do not miss season 2!

Philomena (2013)
Spot on.Judi Dench Special!, 7 April 2014

True story with compelling performance from Judi Dench .Can't see anyone else doing this role but the one and only Judi Dench. This motion picture is a like a snapshot to a black hole of the early 50's in Ireland.Whilst involving yet again the Church in Ireland in some kind of inappropriate actions, this film keeps one asking how many more of these cases occurred in the past?What were they thinking? What else happened that time that we do not know or will ever know. The main element of this film is to raise a big flag and alert us to the dark past of these institutions but at the same time leaving us to judge whether anything was wrongfully done or was it all done as necessity of the circumstances of that time. Judi Dench and Steve Coogan are a match made in haven for this movie.

Mud (2012)
Gripping adventure in Mark Twain country, 10 March 2014

Yes, it is a film that stays with you!It's about love, hate, friendship, trust -betrayal family,values,true,false ,wrong and right.Compelling act by Matthew McConaughey and Tye Sheridan as Ellis.!Tye is absolutely gorgeously fascinating. Ellis is just about having his first love, when he learns a huge lesson about men/women love and relationship.Only by learning how bad things can be Ellis realizes how important it is to appreciate what you have. Filming locations in Crocketts Bluff, Arkansas and Mississippi River just add the right atmosphere and give the film it's unique taste. Filming,continuity,editing and directing of the film are all worth 10/10.BRAVO!

Nice, entertaining ,sometimes funny, 45 minutes., 30 January 2015

Of course all that occurs here is 100% ridiculous , not possible,total fiction even science fiction but thats the beauty of Covert Affairs.Although sometimes I wonder why anyone would present the CIA as been operated by a married couple like it was their own souvenir shop. However,every chapter stands on its own, although there is a thread that goes between all chapters.This is fast paced chain of events,where we are taken to actual locations around the globe.There is suspense, mystery, romance , nice entertaining sometimes funny 45 minutes.Christopher Gorham is amazing in his character a a Blind Ops tech Handler Auggie Anderson.he is indeed amazing.,Gregory Itzin is again the slimy crooked manipulative character , just like in 24!

Funny well done action packed entertainment, 3 March 2013

This is a fast paced action packed thriller. Well done.Showing John McClane (Bruce) again as a professional Mr Fix it no matter what the mission is or where ever it is. As usual with John McClane , the story is as far fro reality as it can be, but to enjoy Bruce's light humor, and wild car chases in Russia is worth it all.This film is indeed packed with action.Helicopters, armored cars and a lot of weapons of all kinds.A lot of shooting all over as well. As its said that the apple does not fall far from the tree, so are things with Jack McClane -The son of John McClane .He will always get out of any trouble with or without dad's help .Will he carry the torch when Bruce resigns?Why not.Jai Courtney did a great job in this film.

Enjoyed the movie –got frustrated from some vocals, 28 May 2013

I am still not sure what score I will give at the end of this review .It's hard to write an objective personal review about this epic magical musical, that I have seen on stage and numerous times on video (10 and 25 years anniversaries). So let's look at this as a plain movie: As a movie its excellent. Great scenery, dresses, environment. Excellent acting and dramatization.

Here is the catch. It's not a plain simple drama movie. It's a musical! As a musical I said…hmm in this case: "Huston we have a problem". Sounds of Music /My Fair Lady and many more were musicals and movies as well. They were perfect in both versions. One expects the performers to be able to provide an acceptable level of musical performance. As good as Hugh Jackman is as an actor he is not close to be a valued singer or vocal performer that can encapsulate the epic role of Jean Valjean .As an actor yes-he can.as a singer –vocal performer he would be less than 4/10 on the Arik scale. (Where Alfie Boe and Colm Wilkinson represent the 10/10. There are excellent actors that are also great vocal performers. Eddie Redmayne deserves to be nominated as one of them, so do Amanda Seyfried, Aaron Tveit , Samantha Barks . I am struggling with my opinion about Anne Hathaway's vocal capabilities..6-7/10 on the Arik scale. All in all: I saw the movie twice. Enjoyed the movie –got frustrated from the vocals except those mentioned. Hope you will enjoy it more than I did.

Deja Vu (2006)
Mind Bending Thriller, 28 December 2013

Interesting mind bending "makes you think a bit" plot, with some non disturbing plot holes (see in IMDb). Being a confirmed fan of Denzel Washington, he is as good as he always is.The film is action packed , and flows through its 126 minutes like the Mississippi river, it's main filming location. It's is a nice movie , and interesting in my mind as it had me thinking the whole time ...what if...what if...This film is unique in providing a SCI-FI envelope to what may seem to be a Non SCI-FI movie.The most mind bending scene would be the one where Denzel drives the Hammer through traffic coming his whilst monitoring the perpetrator ,Jim Caviezel,with one eye through the "time machine" seeing events that occurring in real time 4 days and 6 hours ago, and with his other eye looking at the traffic in real time .Fantastic scene.