Arik_P

"Tyrant" (2014)
Quite a few good moments of nail biting moments., 12 September 2014

The thumb print of Gideon Raff&Co is visible in this breath-taking Drama. Although the entire story is as much fiction as it gets, still it's providing the spectator quite a few good moments of nail biting moments. The characters are convincing. The actors are just the right pick for their respective role. The locations been authentic (Muslim country) are just adding a good amount of reality to this show . The story line is not far from a combination of true life events taking Sadam, Kaddafi and other in to consideration. Although Democracy and Muslim country are not terms you read about daily, still it's interesting to see how this idea can develop in this imaginary country.

Philomena (2013)
Spot on.Judi Dench Special!, 7 April 2014

True story with compelling performance from Judi Dench .Can't see anyone else doing this role but the one and only Judi Dench. This motion picture is a like a snapshot to a black hole of the early 50's in Ireland.Whilst involving yet again the Church in Ireland in some kind of inappropriate actions, this film keeps one asking how many more of these cases occurred in the past?What were they thinking? What else happened that time that we do not know or will ever know. The main element of this film is to raise a big flag and alert us to the dark past of these institutions but at the same time leaving us to judge whether anything was wrongfully done or was it all done as necessity of the circumstances of that time. Judi Dench and Steve Coogan are a match made in haven for this movie.

"Believe" (2014/I)
After seeing Gravity by Alfonso Cuarón I am afraid this will be same boring stuff like Gravity, 6 April 2014

As we are only in S01E02 this review will be a partial review as I have not seen the rest of the series. So far I can only say that I imagine some writers, directors and producers sitting in a room looking for ideas how to boost profits for the network.Somehow they managed to come up with the most trivial idea: Let get a supernatural child that all will be chasing.Lets add to that some " helping the poor and sick" element, twist it with the girl not knowing who her parents are, and spice it with the FBI and local police getting involved and TADA....You got it. This is what Believe" is all about.So far this seems to go nowhere. High tech surveillance ,full time trained martial arts guardian not able to kill the perpetrators trying to kidnap the girl ...so unreal and so many plot holes. Hopefully the next chapters will make this series go somewhere .Knowing JJ Abrams I Believe it will. After seeing Gravity by Alfonso Cuarón I am afraid this will be same boring stuff like Gravity UPDATE AFTER Episode 3:Now I am totally an unbeliever .There are more holes in this plot than holes in a mosquito mesh. Nice try. I am out.Downgrading to 1/10

Mud (2012)
Gripping adventure in Mark Twain country, 10 March 2014

Yes, it is a film that stays with you!It's about love, hate, friendship, trust -betrayal family,values,true,false ,wrong and right.Compelling act by Matthew McConaughey and Tye Sheridan as Ellis.!Tye is absolutely gorgeously fascinating. Ellis is just about having his first love, when he learns a huge lesson about men/women love and relationship.Only by learning how bad things can be Ellis realizes how important it is to appreciate what you have. Filming locations in Crocketts Bluff, Arkansas and Mississippi River just add the right atmosphere and give the film it's unique taste. Filming,continuity,editing and directing of the film are all worth 10/10.BRAVO!

A Masterpiece Suspense Drama Made in Israel! Bravo., 9 March 2014

Made in Israel!Filmed around and in Jerusalem.This excellent thriller/drama ,which is the foundation for the CBS aired HOSTAGES,will keep you glued to your chairs/sofa wherever you are. Each episode will end before you notice it even begun. Ayelet Zurer and Yair Lotan ,as well as the rest of the cast, are giving us a compelling performance . Although fiction ,yet one keeps thinking ...what if.... The story line is not just about "the task "given to Dr Danon.There are several other "issues" going on at the same time without them casting any shadow on the main story line.And remember one thing,the show does not end until the fat lady sings.

Deja Vu (2006)
Mind Bending Thriller, 28 December 2013

Interesting mind bending "makes you think a bit" plot, with some non disturbing plot holes (see in IMDb). Being a confirmed fan of Denzel Washington, he is as good as he always is.The film is action packed , and flows through its 126 minutes like the Mississippi river, it's main filming location. It's is a nice movie , and interesting in my mind as it had me thinking the whole time ...what if...what if...This film is unique in providing a SCI-FI envelope to what may seem to be a Non SCI-FI movie.The most mind bending scene would be the one where Denzel drives the Hammer through traffic coming his whilst monitoring the perpetrator ,Jim Caviezel,with one eye through the "time machine" seeing events that occurring in real time 4 days and 6 hours ago, and with his other eye looking at the traffic in real time .Fantastic scene.

Magnificently Brilliant Thriller That Will keep you on the edge of your seat, 20 November 2013

Based on a true story, this Magnificently Brilliantly orchestrated Thriller by Paul Greengrass will keep you on the edge of your seat!This film ticks every box. Tom Hanks is perfect.He knows what he is doing as an actor portraying a captain who is responsible for other lives. I could not see a better person in this role.The action runs throughout the movie.Not a moment to take a deep breath.Although you know how the movie ends ,just like with Argo or Titanic,you still are awaiting the next move and the next scene.The Somali Pirates (although I have not been "lucky" to meet any) could not be more closer to reality .Most of them have minimal to none experience in acting,yet they do a magnificent job. Absolutely stunning. Enjoy!

Gravity (2013)
The Good: It's only 90 minutes, and the Filming Technique –Otherwise it's a catastrophe, 13 November 2013

The Good:It's only 90 minutes,and the Filming Technique .I was about to get out after 60 minutes but as it was raining outside I preferred to stay. The way this film is made is astonishing! Amazing. As it's in 3D you almost feel a part of the team orbiting in space.Though I have not been in space ,the space stations, and all the equipment seem to be realistic. The special effects are spectacular !So everything that has to do with the technology behind this movie is 10/10.HOWEVER: everything with the plot is "out of this world".The plot looks like a Swiss cheese full of holes.Sandra Bullock, George Clooney are as good as they are, although George Clooney has a short appearance in the movie, so for most of the movie it's a Sandra Bullock monologue.

One of the best action comedy thrillers I have seen in a very very long time, 8 September 2013

This is one of the best action comedy thrillers I have seen in a very very long time.The film is just flowing from one action scene to another , with a very clear pattern of what the problem is and how it is to be solved. Anthony Hopkins is the best the actor I know (Except Morgan Freeman) to play Officer Oakes .As for Chris Rock he is the right man at the right place at the right time. The bad guys are bad!Peter Stormare is the eternal Russian bad guy, doing a good job as such!John Slattery as Roland Yates head of the CIA task force has really nothing else in mind except getting the job done no matter what it takes. Filming on location in Prague adds another taste of the X- "cold war" taste to the movie.All in all: fun,action packed,fast pacing,

RED 2 (2013)
Red2 is Red2.DO Not Expect The Original RED, 7 August 2013

All you can eat action,car chases, explosions, old timers fun, traveling across Europe and the US.Bruce Willis is Bruce Willis and John Malkovich is John Malkovich.Great actors, having fun in this action thriller that will not keep you on the edge of the chair,yet will put a smile and occasional laugh on you face.As one tries to compare to the original,some feelings of disappointment may crawl your thoughts.With that said this great team with Helen Mirren and others are great fun for almost 2 hours of CIA/MI6/KGB/FBI playing as well unorganized orchestra together and one against each other.No one better than Anthony Hopkins to cast to his specific role.He is brilliant!