Arik_P

Funny well done action packed entertainment, 3 March 2013

This is a fast paced action packed thriller. Well done.Showing John McClane (Bruce) again as a professional Mr Fix it no matter what the mission is or where ever it is. As usual with John McClane , the story is as far fro reality as it can be, but to enjoy Bruce's light humor, and wild car chases in Russia is worth it all.This film is indeed packed with action.Helicopters, armored cars and a lot of weapons of all kinds.A lot of shooting all over as well. As its said that the apple does not fall far from the tree, so are things with Jack McClane -The son of John McClane .He will always get out of any trouble with or without dad's help .Will he carry the torch when Bruce resigns?Why not.Jai Courtney did a great job in this film.

Argo (2012)
1 Word:Brilliant!, 14 November 2012

This is a realistically ,brilliantly made spy spook thriller .No unnecessary bits and pieces. A story of heroes told from start to finish in a fluent minute by minute / day by day documentation of events .History is brought to the spectator without any comments ,yet in true pictures with minimum real footage from the events in 1979-1980 .All characters are doing an excellent job. The streets of Tehran look and feel so realistic it give you the creeps. Ben managed magnificently capture and play the dilemmas,and the frustrations of a senior operative planing and executing a "mission".This is the first time i saw everyone staying for the Credits,As they say..It does not end till the fat lady sings.Bravo!Bravo!

One of the best action comedy thrillers I have seen in a very very long time, 8 September 2013

This is one of the best action comedy thrillers I have seen in a very very long time.The film is just flowing from one action scene to another , with a very clear pattern of what the problem is and how it is to be solved. Anthony Hopkins is the best the actor I know (Except Morgan Freeman) to play Officer Oakes .As for Chris Rock he is the right man at the right place at the right time. The bad guys are bad!Peter Stormare is the eternal Russian bad guy, doing a good job as such!John Slattery as Roland Yates head of the CIA task force has really nothing else in mind except getting the job done no matter what it takes. Filming on location in Prague adds another taste of the X- "cold war" taste to the movie.All in all: fun,action packed,fast pacing,

"Believe" (2014/I)
After seeing Gravity by Alfonso Cuarón I am afraid this will be same boring stuff like Gravity, 6 April 2014

As we are only in S01E02 this review will be a partial review as I have not seen the rest of the series. So far I can only say that I imagine some writers, directors and producers sitting in a room looking for ideas how to boost profits for the network.Somehow they managed to come up with the most trivial idea: Let get a supernatural child that all will be chasing.Lets add to that some " helping the poor and sick" element, twist it with the girl not knowing who her parents are, and spice it with the FBI and local police getting involved and TADA....You got it. This is what Believe" is all about.So far this seems to go nowhere. High tech surveillance ,full time trained martial arts guardian not able to kill the perpetrators trying to kidnap the girl ...so unreal and so many plot holes. Hopefully the next chapters will make this series go somewhere .Knowing JJ Abrams I Believe it will. After seeing Gravity by Alfonso Cuarón I am afraid this will be same boring stuff like Gravity UPDATE AFTER Episode 3:Now I am totally an unbeliever .There are more holes in this plot than holes in a mosquito mesh. Nice try. I am out.Downgrading to 1/10

A Masterpiece Suspense Drama Made in Israel! Bravo., 9 March 2014

Made in Israel!Filmed around and in Jerusalem.This excellent thriller/drama ,which is the foundation for the CBS aired HOSTAGES,will keep you glued to your chairs/sofa wherever you are. Each episode will end before you notice it even begun. Ayelet Zurer and Yair Lotan ,as well as the rest of the cast, are giving us a compelling performance . Although fiction ,yet one keeps thinking ...what if.... The story line is not just about "the task "given to Dr Danon.There are several other "issues" going on at the same time without them casting any shadow on the main story line.And remember one thing,the show does not end until the fat lady sings.

Magnificently Brilliant Thriller That Will keep you on the edge of your seat, 20 November 2013

Based on a true story, this Magnificently Brilliantly orchestrated Thriller by Paul Greengrass will keep you on the edge of your seat!This film ticks every box. Tom Hanks is perfect.He knows what he is doing as an actor portraying a captain who is responsible for other lives. I could not see a better person in this role.The action runs throughout the movie.Not a moment to take a deep breath.Although you know how the movie ends ,just like with Argo or Titanic,you still are awaiting the next move and the next scene.The Somali Pirates (although I have not been "lucky" to meet any) could not be more closer to reality .Most of them have minimal to none experience in acting,yet they do a magnificent job. Absolutely stunning. Enjoy!

Deja Vu (2006)
Mind Bending Thriller, 28 December 2013

Interesting mind bending "makes you think a bit" plot, with some non disturbing plot holes (see in IMDb). Being a confirmed fan of Denzel Washington, he is as good as he always is.The film is action packed , and flows through its 126 minutes like the Mississippi river, it's main filming location. It's is a nice movie , and interesting in my mind as it had me thinking the whole time ...what if...what if...This film is unique in providing a SCI-FI envelope to what may seem to be a Non SCI-FI movie.The most mind bending scene would be the one where Denzel drives the Hammer through traffic coming his whilst monitoring the perpetrator ,Jim Caviezel,with one eye through the "time machine" seeing events that occurring in real time 4 days and 6 hours ago, and with his other eye looking at the traffic in real time .Fantastic scene.

Gravity (2013)
The Good: It's only 90 minutes, and the Filming Technique –Otherwise it's a catastrophe, 13 November 2013

The Good:It's only 90 minutes,and the Filming Technique .I was about to get out after 60 minutes but as it was raining outside I preferred to stay. The way this film is made is astonishing! Amazing. As it's in 3D you almost feel a part of the team orbiting in space.Though I have not been in space ,the space stations, and all the equipment seem to be realistic. The special effects are spectacular !So everything that has to do with the technology behind this movie is 10/10.HOWEVER: everything with the plot is "out of this world".The plot looks like a Swiss cheese full of holes.Sandra Bullock, George Clooney are as good as they are, although George Clooney has a short appearance in the movie, so for most of the movie it's a Sandra Bullock monologue.

"Homeland" (2011)
Brilliant, 2 January 2012

This is a masterpiece of TV thriller/action/drama . Sharp, sophisticated, clear and crisp. Excellent performance of the entire cast.It's realistic tense, action packed 12 hours of just well made TV.!The storyline is crafted in such a brilliant way that from the first episode ,one can not wait to see how the drama concludes. I said realistic , as the cast so brilliantly fit in to their characters. Mandy Patinkin's performance is outstanding as the voice of sanity throughout the events.Claire Danes is having a double role as the CIA agent and as being Bipolar . Finally Damian Lewis:The creators could not have found anyone better to play Nicholas Brody.

Enjoyed the movie –got frustrated from some vocals, 28 May 2013

I am still not sure what score I will give at the end of this review .It's hard to write an objective personal review about this epic magical musical, that I have seen on stage and numerous times on video (10 and 25 years anniversaries). So let's look at this as a plain movie: As a movie its excellent. Great scenery, dresses, environment. Excellent acting and dramatization.

Here is the catch. It's not a plain simple drama movie. It's a musical! As a musical I said…hmm in this case: "Huston we have a problem". Sounds of Music /My Fair Lady and many more were musicals and movies as well. They were perfect in both versions. One expects the performers to be able to provide an acceptable level of musical performance. As good as Hugh Jackman is as an actor he is not close to be a valued singer or vocal performer that can encapsulate the epic role of Jean Valjean .As an actor yes-he can.as a singer –vocal performer he would be less than 4/10 on the Arik scale. (Where Alfie Boe and Colm Wilkinson represent the 10/10. There are excellent actors that are also great vocal performers. Eddie Redmayne deserves to be nominated as one of them, so do Amanda Seyfried, Aaron Tveit , Samantha Barks . I am struggling with my opinion about Anne Hathaway's vocal capabilities..6-7/10 on the Arik scale. All in all: I saw the movie twice. Enjoyed the movie –got frustrated from the vocals except those mentioned. Hope you will enjoy it more than I did.