gordon-duncansby

Was Not Disappointed, 30 October 2013

This is a fantastic follow up to Avengers/Thor. It was so much better than the first one it had good humour (like the first one) but also had good serious bits in it as well. It was nice to see more of Asgard now. Jane Foster (Natalie Portman) is a lot better this time around but Darcy got on my nerves quite a bit with all her sarcastic quotes. Hemsworth and Hiddleston were great and had great chemistry (as always). Alan Taylor (director) did a great job and he was the perfect person to get for this especially since how he's done Game of Thrones and at points you do think of GoT but in a good way. Overall great film with great performances from cast, good writing and great visuals. 9/10

Like a Zombie invasion "Remain in doors", 21 June 2013

Can I just start out by saying that I was really looking forward to this for ages I thought it looks like it will be quite good but what I got was a film that was unintentionally funny it ruined the film. The zombies were unbelievably stupid, the script was crap and the acting was bad (even from Brad Pitt which disappointed me). The way some characters die is so funny that I laughed for like 10 minutes. The beginning was rushed and the child actors were really bad (even by child actors standards). Just avoid it all together and I feel sorry for the ones who bought the $50 tickets. They have just waisted a good $50. I can't believe Paramount spent a lot of money on the ending even though the entire film should have been re-shot.

Aardman you've done it again, 28 March 2012

I've been looking forward to this movie for ages and I was not let down by them. The animation was great and the script was really funny. Had a great cast Hugh Grant (good that he's doing something again), David Tennant was great playing Charles Darwin, Brain Blessed, Martin Freeman the list goes on and on. I loved the soundtrack it had songs by The Clash and Flight of the Conchords. At some bits you just thought of Chicken Run and Wallace and Gromit if you watch it you'll see what I mean. I was reading a lot of reviews and they were saying the 3d wasn't very good and made it a lot darker. Which it didn't I say the 3d helped it to be honest. To sum up this film it's really funny got great cast and a few bits that are a little sad but overall fantastic. I will not be happy if this movie flopped! Go and see it now!

Boring,long and pointless, 24 February 2012

Really? 7.4 out of 10 and 80 on the meta score? Nothing happens for 2 hours and when something looks kind of exciting it's over in 1 minute. The only good thing about this film is Kiefer Sutherland (The reason why I watched this crap) and John Hurt. If you think you're going to get a strong and powerful film,think again.And the title bit feels like it lasts forever. They could've cut out about 40 minutes of this film so I wouldn't need to try and sit still for that long. Please don't watch this! You will be doing yourself a massive favor. So to sum up it's utter crap nothing happens and I can't stress this enough. PLEASE PLEASE DON'T WATCH THIS!