Reviews

3 ReviewsOrdered By: Date
"Phantom" IS Phantastic!
17 January 2005
As one of the lucky few to have been able to see the Original London Cast (which included the incomparably talented Sarah Brightman and Michael Crawford) - I had been most excited about its film presentation. When the film ended- the entire audience rose to its feet and applauded- this is a masterpiece! Gerard Butler was very touching and dark with his portrayal of the Phantom. I certainly look forward to seeing more of his work in the future. Minnie Driver was such a delight as well. The only thing that concerned me was the miscasting of one of three leads.

I must say that it is a magnificent film- the costumes, the scenery, Lloyd Webber's sweeping score make the whole package of The Phantom of the Opera unforgettable. This is Oscar worthy- and even if it is not awarded, it shall be forever in the hearts of its many Phans.
5 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Onegin (1999)
A Beautiful reason to watch a period film
13 May 2004
This is one of the best period films to come out of the industry in 1999. I think Liv Tyler really showed her acting chops in this work, and Ralph is extraordinary in practically anything he does. Don't miss seeing Toby Stephens and Lena Headey as Vladimir and Olga. I saw this movie on tv a few years ago and I still can't forget how beautifully-done it was. It is incredibly under-rated and deserved more accolades than it received. I highly recommend this film because it has lush scenery, great and powerful performances, and a truly unforgettable story. "If you but knew the flames that burn in me which I attempt to beat down with my reason. " -onegin
6 out of 9 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
The Forsyte Saga (2002– )
Thorn Birds- move over!
21 January 2004
After being in love with the Thorn Birds for years, I saw The Forsyte Saga and it blew me away. Especially the unrequited love that is the keystone of the story. The costumes were beautiful, the acting extremely impressive (GO DAMIAN!!! GO GINA!!!) Honestly, this is a great mini-series and it was wonderful we got to see it here in America.
3 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this