udeaasykle

Page 1 of 13:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [Next]

Be Cool (2005)
Not very cool at all, 12 June 2005

Another day, another sequel. Hollywood never stops, although I have begged them to for a long time. Get Shorty is one of my favorite movies, this on the other hand, is not. Everything that was cool about the first movie is now just an annoyance. The "look at me" line has lost its coolness and is now just not working. The characters are also made more cartoon like if you understand what I mean. They have made a Disney sequel, which means that they have made it less violent and focus on not saying bad words so that it will get a lower rating, which of course that they will make more money since younger people will be able to see it. From my point of view, I hate it when they take the Disney approach when making a sequel like this. Less action, no bad words, cartoon criminals that are suppose to be funny, but aren't, and cheesy lines. Right after I saw this movie I thought about giving it a 6/10, but after thinking about it some more, I realize that it doesn't deserve it. The only thing about this movie that I find cool is The Rock's character. He did a great job and was by far the best of all the cast. So if you love Get Shorty, you will not love Be Cool. At least I didn't. I rate this movie 5/10 and that is all because of The Rock. Take him away you got yourself a 4/10

cheesy, predictable and fun, 5 June 2005

I usually don't like sequels, and I most often hate when they do a third movie. Well for some odd reason I really enjoy watching the blade movies. The first Blade is of course the best by far, but I still enjoy the two sequels. There were some things that annoyed me about Blade: Trinity, and that was how the action sequences was shot. Very up and close, with fast cutting so you really can't see what is being done. Old Hollywood trick when the actor or actress doesn't know martial arts but we are meant to think that he/she does. But if you take away that fact, you still have about two hours with action, one liners and people too cool for their own good. This is Blade ladies and gentlemen, and you know he will get the job done while saying cheesy lines and killing bad guys off one by one. If you go to see this movie, keep an open mind because if you want a good movie you will be disappointed. If you on the other hand want to be easily entertained without having to think about plot holes and bad lines, you will be glad you went. I rate this movie 6/10

Pixar has done it again., 22 May 2005

Pixar has done it again. I was wondering when they would make a bad computer animated movie, but it hasn't happened yet. This movie is just amazing. It is both funny and sweet. I think all families will recognize the problems that this animated family are having. You have a family that all have super powers, you have a villain and a secret island somewhere in the world. How can you go wrong with this? Clearly you can't cause this movie, because although it is 115 minutes long, it is still entertaining and I didn't feel like I was watching a two hour movie. There are comic references to both the young audience and for the adult audience and it is mixed beautifully. As far as I know, this is the first time that there has been an animated movie about a family that are human. So that is pretty interesting. The other thing that really caught my attention was how they did the hair for the young daughter. It looked really lifelike. So will you enjoy this movie? Well if you like the other movies in this genre; Toy Story, Ice Age, Shrek and Finding Nemo, yes you will absolutely love this one. I rate this movie 9/10

This movie is poorly made, but who cares, it is still fun :), 22 May 2005

I know what you are going to say, this movie is horrible, poorly done and horrible. And I agree, but for some reason I find that very entertaining. The effects are cheesy, but done with purpose. Snake Plissken is the coolest man on the planet, he is even too cool for his own good, which makes his character not believable at all, but still I like this movie. Explain to me how I can like a movie that is so poorly done throughout? Well I think the answer lies in the fact that it is so heroic and exaggerated that you just sit and smile during the entire thing. Snake got more cool lines than anyone and he delivers them with such an "I really don't care" attitude that you just have to love it. Most of the people I know don't like this movie, most actually hate it intensely. Well I don't. If you are looking for the most brain dead action available in the shop, why don't you rent this one? If you tend to like b-movies, my bet is that you will like this one. I rate this movie 6/10.

The Cooler (2003)
A good and different love story, 1 May 2005

I hadn't heard much about this movie, but for some reason I bought it on DVD. I don't regret that, because this is a good movie. It is a dark and sad movie in many ways, but the main theme in this movie is love and appreciation and accepting people for who they are. The music, the lighting, the atmosphere is all part of making this movie memorable. Not to mention the acting jobs, especially by Adam Baldwin and the main character, William H. Macy. There is something about William that just makes him really believable in this movie and that is one of the reasons I enjoyed it so much. So If you are looking for a good movie, a different kind of love story, you should absolutely see this movie. I rate this movie 7/10

The Last Ride (2004) (TV)
Not as bad as other car movies, but close, 25 March 2005

This is a movie about fast cars. Yes, another movie about fast cars. You thought we were done with those didn't you? Well, apparently we are not. And of course, this movie has some young stud that can really ride a car. And what else can we put in this movie, yes, one young hot girl that is a car mechanic. Not only a car mechanic, but a car mechanic that wears as little as she can, while SHE WELDS. Yes, I have heard that that is a really good idea. If you look away from the small plot holes and stuff like that, this movie isn't as bad as the Fast and Furious movies, but it is still not good. Don't really know what Dennis Hopper is doing in this movie, but I doubt that he is proud of it. But if you are a car nut and about the age of 18, you will probably enjoy this movie. If you don't like movies like Fast and Furious and Biker Boyz etc, stay as far away as you can. I rate this movie 3/10

Better than the prequel, by far., 25 March 2005

Another sequel, this time to a movie that I didn't like to begin with, so I pretty much thought that Spiderman 2 would suck. But, amazingly enough, I think this movie is much better than the first Spiderman movie. Why you might be asking? Well, let me tell you why. In this movie, you get to see more of the poor character that is Peter Parker; you realize that he is pretty much the most unlucky guy in the world, which makes him kind of an anti hero. And there is more drama this time around which I think makes it a much more interesting movie. Plus it makes the characters more realistic. Finally the villain in this movie is much cooler than the "Toys "R" Us" mask of the Green Goblin. Funniest scene after my opinion is when Peter Parker falls and hits everything in his way. If you liked the first Spiderman, chances are you will actually like this better. And if you didn't like the first one like me, you can still enjoy this one. I rate this movie 7/10

Pretty good simple action, 23 March 2005

Ooooh this has bad written all over it. The Rock and "Stiffler" in an action comedy. But hold on; don't judge this movie too fast. As far as action comedy goes, this is really pretty entertaining. Besides the two actors I have already mentioned, Christopher Walken does an excellent evil guy part in this film. When you have the Man, Christopher Walken as a bad guy, you know the movie can't totally suck. Realize that if you want a deep movie, don't rent this. But if you are in the easy going movie with fun moments and some cool actions sequences. For some odd reason, I find The Rock to be an easy person to like in movies. Unlike Van Damme, which I hate in everything. But back to Rundown; Lots of action and cool and funny scenes. Of course this is embroidered, but it is suppose to be. A pretty good easy, simple action comedy. Watch it and be entertained. I rate this movie 6/10

Manure anyone?, 23 March 2005

I heard someone say that it is really really hard to get your script accepted to be made into a movie. But seriously, how hard can it be after you watch this piece of trash? A team of monkeys, all with brain damage, could write a better movie while throwing faeces at each other. The prequel of this "movie" is in fact entertaining. So what is the difference between Whole Nine Yards and Whole Ten Yards? Well take all the funny stuff from the first one, then pile them up and set them on fire. Throw in some desperate for money people without a clue, give them terrible lines, and whatever what you do, don't make them act. Then throw all that into a movie set and then you have yourself the worst movie I have seen since I saw Catwoman. Why Bruce Willis and the rest of the cast really thought this was a good idea is beyond me. It is so amazingly crappy that it is not even stupidly funny. It is just your warm typical pile of manure. The only difference between manure and this movie is the lack of flies around the movie. I would like to rate this movie 0/10 or perhaps give it minus points, but I can't do that. So I will give it the weakest 1/10 in the world.

Shade (2003)
This is an average movie, 22 February 2005

I hadn't heard a word about this movie, so I didn't know what to expect. So after getting a recommendation from a friend, I rented it from him. Well, what can I say about this movie? This is one of those "I don't know what to say about it" movies. The reason is that this is just an average movie. It is not good, nor is it bad, just average. Although it was fun seeing Sylvester Stallone in a cool role again, it isn't enough to make this into a great movie. This movie is about poker, more poker, money, big money and cheating. But who is cheating who? If you are bored and looking for some easy entertainment, I bet you will enjoy this movie. But if you are looking for a great movie that you will remember weeks after, I don't think this movie is for you. Anyways, I rate this movie 5/10

Page 1 of 13:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [Next]