PsychiatricPezDispenser

Frasier and Lilith have decided to move in together. To celebrate, they invite Sam and Diane over for dinner., 23 March 2012

One of the all-time best episodes of Cheers and without a doubt, the best Frasier/Lilith episode. Like most Frasier/Lilith episodes, Dinner at Eight-ish isn't loud and outrageous like a Cliff Clavin episode would be (although, Lilith does have a bit of a nervous breakdown before dinner). It's very witty and the humour is centred around on-going jokes throughout the episode (Lilith/Frasier/Diane locking themselves in the bathroom, Sam sitting on the couch eating non- stop). The one area where this episode could have been a little stronger was the "back at the bar" storyline. Otherwise, this episode deserves the 10/10 it received from me. The most bitter- sweet scene for watchers of Cheers and Frasier would probably in this episode when Frasier and Lilith gleefully sing "Our House" together at the piano. If you're as strong a proponent for the Frasier/Lilith relationship as I, your heart will break for them as you know that they don't end up together. Fortunately, Diane will pop up and snap you out of it as she starts to sing along. Dinner at Eight-ish is a wonderful episode of Cheers and is sure to be a favourite of yours.

Dana Delany gust stars as Susan, the wife of Kirby (the man who bought Sam's Corvette.) Meanwhile, Rebecca tries to save Woody's pig from being Christmas dinner., 2 September 2012

A good episode. Not a fabulous episode. I thought it was a little late in the series for Sam to still be such a sleaze. Wasn't he supposed to be growing up at this point? The way he treated Dana Delany's character was positively cringe-worthy. Also, the "back at the bar" storyline wasn't very strong either. Kirstie Alley and Woody Harrelson should consider this episode a waste of their talents. The only thing that keeps me from really disliking the episode is Dana Delany. She is absolutely adorable and her character is sweet as could be. It would have been interesting to see her on the show one more time. Ultimately though, not impressed, David Lloyd.

Rebecca finally decides to tell Evan Drake of her affections... only to find out that he's moving to Tokyo with another woman., 21 August 2012

I thought this was a very sweet episode. Kirstie Alley's acting talents really showed through, as well as her radiant beauty. Even though it was obvious that Rebecca would never win Mr. Drake's heart, it was still very sad when she came to this realisation. There were some fantastic lines and the storyline was strong. I liked that they kept the focus primarily on Rebecca and didn't try to throw Frasier or Woody in too much. The parts with Sam were hilarious especially at the end when he's trying to be a good friend to Rebecca but can't contain his sexual urges. I know that some people aren't crazy about Rebecca, but I happen to think some of her episodes are best.

Lilith is taking singing lessons, Rebecca decides to check out Robin's charge d'affaires, and Woody decides to take in a roommate., 5 August 2012

This is another great episode. The Woody storyline could have been better, but Sam & Rebecca's and Frasier & Lilith's were golden. The stunt Rebecca pulls in the elevator has to be one of the highlight moments of her character on the series. Frasier and Lilith's storyline was also very cute. Lilith decides to take singing lessons "so she can sing to Frasier without frightening five years of growth out of him," as Frasier put it. The guys at the bar, including Frasier, all make fun of her until she showcases her talent and makes them eat their words. This, however, is actually a plot-hole. Lilith had already sung twice on the show in "Dinner at Eight-ish" and "The Cranemakers."

Rebecca decides to have a "male auction." Lilith gets angry at Frasier for bringing up the idea of a prenuptial agreement. To get back at him, Lilith bids on Sam., 29 July 2012

This is easily one of my top five favourite episodes. Like most episodes that centre around Frasier and Lilith, there wasn't a very strong "back at the bar" storyline, but otherwise this episode was fantastic. It was funny, it was sexy, and in the end it just showed how much love Frasier and Lilith had for each other (too bad they ended up divorcing anyway.) Another reviewer said that Lilith acted out of character, but actually, this episode showed her character perfectly. The idea is that, on the surface, Lilith appears rigid and demure, but underneath she's actually quite fiery and amorous. This fact is touched upon several times throughout this series, as well as on its spin-off Frasier.

A really funny and enjoyable show, 20 June 2014

I truly consider Will & Grace to be one of the best sitcoms of all time. Not because it's consistently brilliant or anything like that, but because it has those little lines and moments that you'll never forget. The acting can be a little eh from time to time (mainly from Debra Messing) and occasionally the set ups are really not that well written but the little things that make you laugh for 5 minutes straight make up for that. Megan Mullally and Sean Hayes are responsible for most of those little things. They are dynamite together. But Debra Messing and Eric McCormack really do a great job of carrying the show and it's that balance that makes it work as well as it does.

Excellent episode and fantastic performances, 11 June 2014

The first live show (#8.01 Alive and Schticking) was a little rocky. 3/4 of the cast not being able to keep a straight face was probably funny for the live studio audience and the audiences at home but is distracting for people watching the episode now. This episode, however, was wonderful. Solid and very funny plot as well as perfect professional behavior from the actors. I will say though, once again, Megan Mullally as Karen really shone. She seemed the most comfortable with the live airing while the others seemed like they were holding back just a little bit at some times. The bit where all of Karen's pill bottles pour out is one of the funniest things I've ever seen on a sitcom maybe only behind Cheers' #6.23 Bar Wars when fifty sheep are in Rebecca's office and/or I Love Lucy's #1.05 The Quiz Show when Lucy introduces Ricky to her "second first husband."

Good episode but WAY too much breaking of character, 10 June 2014

I know that this episode was aired live but most of the actors are theatre performers, yes? The only one to (mostly) kept on track was Megan Mullally who really rose to the occasion and stayed professional. Debra Messing, Sean Hayes, and Eric McCormack all burst into laughter too much which may have been funny at the time for audiences at home, is kind of annoying viewing the episode now. Otherwise, the plot was good. It didn't move along as well as it could have but that may have had to do with the actors constantly breaking character. I hate that I have to give a quality show such a low rating. I did enjoy Alec Baldwin as the guest star.

"Kristin" (2001)
A cute show, 7 January 2014

I thought this was a cute show! It's not the wittiest or most hysterical show out there but it's just as good as shows that had lasted longer. Ahem… Veronica's Closet, Everybody Loves Raymond, Joey… I thought Kristin had a great premise and some good moments. I thought the cast worked well together even if the supporting characters weren't THAT strong. The show lasted six episodes! A show needs more time to grow than that. Cheers finished dead last in the ratings the first year and went on to run for eleven successful seasons! I think it's too bad that this show didn't take off. I think episode 4 and episode 6 were REALLY good. A second season of episodes like that would have been successful.

One of very few Cheers episodes that made me cringe..., 21 August 2012

I would have given this episode a rating lower than a four, but I felt guilty with Cheers being my favourite show. This episode was sloppy. Anthony and Annie are just annoying beyond what I believed to be humanly possible. The Rebecca storyline was just plain silly (and I usually LOVE Rebecca.) If Bobbie Eakes wasn't so sweet and charming, I don't think I would have kept watching this episode. Sam was off, Carla was off, I don't even remember if Norm, Cliff, or Frasier were largely featured in this one. This was a little too early in the season to have a dud. Especially with a new cast member. Not Eichen/Steinkellner's best work.