PsychiatricPezDispenser

Humorous, profound, culturally significant, and overall brilliant, 16 February 2016

"My son is alive?" After half a decade, the Kung Fu Panda trilogy is finally complete and the questions plaguing our minds from the first two films are answered. Po has mastered kung fu and even the powerful wuxi finger hold, but now he must master the art of teaching and chi if he is going to defeat his most deadly opponent yet. Po has proved himself to be a dedicated and skilled warrior but the reunion with his biological father could either enhance or retard his training and personal growth. Po is advised by Master Shifu to "discover who he is" but with his biological father and his adopted father both tugging at him like a wishbone, this proves to be a most difficult task. The talented Jack Black reprises his role as Po for the final time. As do all of the members of the Furious Five, Randall Duk Kim (as Master Oogway), Dustin Hoffman (as Master Shifu), and James Hong (as Mr. Ping/Po's adopted father). Joining the cast is Bryan Cranston (as Li/Po's biological father) and several other new panda characters. Cranston and Hong give riveting performances as two fathers that don't want to lose their son and are easily the shining stars of the film. Like its predecessors, this film is visually stunning. The animated sequences inspired by traditional Chinese artwork are sensory heaven and even the 3d animation is nothing short of spectacular. The soundtrack enhances the experience without overshadowing the action- which, by the way, is better than ever. In the epic fight scene, Po puts Rocky Balboa to shame. There hasn't been a film so heartfelt and inspirational since the Shawshank Redemption. It deals with loyalty, sacrifice, blended families, and self identity in a sincere and complex way. I can easily see Kung Fu Panda 3 becoming a classic of not only children's films, not only animated films, but cinema in general.

A really funny and enjoyable show, 20 June 2014

I truly consider Will & Grace to be one of the best sitcoms of all time. Not because it's consistently brilliant or anything like that, but because it has those little lines and moments that you'll never forget. The acting can be a little eh from time to time (mainly from Debra Messing) and occasionally the set ups are really not that well written but the little things that make you laugh for 5 minutes straight make up for that. Megan Mullally and Sean Hayes are responsible for most of those little things. They are dynamite together. But Debra Messing and Eric McCormack really do a great job of carrying the show and it's that balance that makes it work as well as it does.

Excellent episode and fantastic performances, 11 June 2014

The first live show (#8.01 Alive and Schticking) was a little rocky. 3/4 of the cast not being able to keep a straight face was probably funny for the live studio audience and the audiences at home but is distracting for people watching the episode now. This episode, however, was wonderful. Solid and very funny plot as well as perfect professional behavior from the actors. I will say though, once again, Megan Mullally as Karen really shone. She seemed the most comfortable with the live airing while the others seemed like they were holding back just a little bit at some times. The bit where all of Karen's pill bottles pour out is one of the funniest things I've ever seen on a sitcom maybe only behind Cheers' #6.23 Bar Wars when fifty sheep are in Rebecca's office and/or I Love Lucy's #1.05 The Quiz Show when Lucy introduces Ricky to her "second first husband."

Good episode but WAY too much breaking of character, 10 June 2014

I know that this episode was aired live but most of the actors are theatre performers, yes? The only one to (mostly) kept on track was Megan Mullally who really rose to the occasion and stayed professional. Debra Messing, Sean Hayes, and Eric McCormack all burst into laughter too much which may have been funny at the time for audiences at home, is kind of annoying viewing the episode now. Otherwise, the plot was good. It didn't move along as well as it could have but that may have had to do with the actors constantly breaking character. I hate that I have to give a quality show such a low rating. I did enjoy Alec Baldwin as the guest star.

"Kristin" (2001)
A cute show, 7 January 2014

I thought this was a cute show! It's not the wittiest or most hysterical show out there but it's just as good as shows that had lasted longer. Ahem… Veronica's Closet, Everybody Loves Raymond, Joey… I thought Kristin had a great premise and some good moments. I thought the cast worked well together even if the supporting characters weren't THAT strong. The show lasted six episodes! A show needs more time to grow than that. Cheers finished dead last in the ratings the first year and went on to run for eleven successful seasons! I think it's too bad that this show didn't take off. I think episode 4 and episode 6 were REALLY good. A second season of episodes like that would have been successful.

Dana Delany gust stars as Susan, the wife of Kirby (the man who bought Sam's Corvette.) Meanwhile, Rebecca tries to save Woody's pig from being Christmas dinner., 2 September 2012

A good episode. Not a fabulous episode. I thought it was a little late in the series for Sam to still be such a sleaze. Wasn't he supposed to be growing up at this point? The way he treated Dana Delany's character was positively cringe-worthy. Also, the "back at the bar" storyline wasn't very strong either. Kirstie Alley and Woody Harrelson should consider this episode a waste of their talents. The only thing that keeps me from really disliking the episode is Dana Delany. She is absolutely adorable and her character is sweet as could be. It would have been interesting to see her on the show one more time. Ultimately though, not impressed, David Lloyd.

One of very few Cheers episodes that made me cringe..., 21 August 2012

I would have given this episode a rating lower than a four, but I felt guilty with Cheers being my favourite show. This episode was sloppy. Anthony and Annie are just annoying beyond what I believed to be humanly possible. The Rebecca storyline was just plain silly (and I usually LOVE Rebecca.) If Bobbie Eakes wasn't so sweet and charming, I don't think I would have kept watching this episode. Sam was off, Carla was off, I don't even remember if Norm, Cliff, or Frasier were largely featured in this one. This was a little too early in the season to have a dud. Especially with a new cast member. Not Eichen/Steinkellner's best work.

Rebecca finally decides to tell Evan Drake of her affections... only to find out that he's moving to Tokyo with another woman., 21 August 2012

I thought this was a very sweet episode. Kirstie Alley's acting talents really showed through, as well as her radiant beauty. Even though it was obvious that Rebecca would never win Mr. Drake's heart, it was still very sad when she came to this realisation. There were some fantastic lines and the storyline was strong. I liked that they kept the focus primarily on Rebecca and didn't try to throw Frasier or Woody in too much. The parts with Sam were hilarious especially at the end when he's trying to be a good friend to Rebecca but can't contain his sexual urges. I know that some people aren't crazy about Rebecca, but I happen to think some of her episodes are best.

Chicago (2002)
A fantastic stage show turned into a mediocre movie..., 9 August 2012

Now, I actually saw the movie first and really liked it... then I saw the stage show and realised that the movie was really very dull in comparison. Here are just a few things that they could have done to make this so-so adaption fantastic: • Not change Roxie's back story. It didn't make her any more likable. • Not settled for Renée Zellweger who is a decent singer but can't dance and clearly knew nothing about the Roxie character. • Leaving the score in tact. No Me and My Baby? Are you kidding? • Finding a woman who wouldn't say the Hungarian part in a Russian accent. • Bringing the tone down a little. They were so hung up trying to make Cell Block dynamic that they didn't give the characters any personality. • Bebe Neuwirth as Velma? I did like Catherine, but Bebe would have been a better choice. She's a sensational dancer, she's drop dead gorgeous, (at the time) she was a bigger name than Catherine, and she would have attracted and appealed to a much larger audience. If they had kept at least some of Bob Fosse/Ann Reinking's choreography, I'm sure she would have agreed to it. Overall, it was okay at best. If I were you, I wouldn't waste my money on the DVD, I would make a trip to the city to see the real show which is surprisingly very fresh considering it's been running for about 17 years.

Lilith is taking singing lessons, Rebecca decides to check out Robin's charge d'affaires, and Woody decides to take in a roommate., 5 August 2012

This is another great episode. The Woody storyline could have been better, but Sam & Rebecca's and Frasier & Lilith's were golden. The stunt Rebecca pulls in the elevator has to be one of the highlight moments of her character on the series. Frasier and Lilith's storyline was also very cute. Lilith decides to take singing lessons "so she can sing to Frasier without frightening five years of growth out of him," as Frasier put it. The guys at the bar, including Frasier, all make fun of her until she showcases her talent and makes them eat their words. This, however, is actually a plot-hole. Lilith had already sung twice on the show in "Dinner at Eight-ish" and "The Cranemakers."