Greatornot

Page 1 of 21:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [Next]

Like , Man this is a bad show, 22 February 2013

Think hippy version of "Saved by the Bell" , which was preppy a couple decades plus later. Comparisons to "Square Pegs", with the valley talk are at minimum, being this is based more on stories from boys. That said, this was not a good show. The forced dialogue of saying words such as man,like or cat was just too much. It seemed every sentence had at least one of those words and they even had the authority figures saying these words, including parents and teachers and police officers. I just thought it was over the top. Kind of cultish , which I understand would appeal to a certain segment. Other than that , a show I was disappointed in seeing, after a lot of hype. I gave it 3 episodes and still do not like it. I give it the 3 stars based on superb acting. Very simple show but it translates to dullsville.

Taken 2 (2012)
Sequel for the sake of a sequel, 14 October 2012

First of all, I did give this an average rating for the acting and action. It did not put us to sleep. That said, this film was very ordinary with no twists or anything shocking . It had that feel of a romantic comedy where everything that you expect happens. The film just veered along smoothly and that was the problem. In other Liam Neeson movies, "Taken" and 'The Other Man" come to mind; There were twists galore , which made for an exciting movie going experience. It was clear this was along the lines of the Rocky series and other brand movie series , this was made simply for a big ,guaranteed paycheck. Not much thought went into this film. It was most likely rushed to get it into the theaters for that big payday. Shame on Liam Neeson, for this project. Hopefully, he stays away from Hollywood greed like this and becomes relevant again in his next film.

Tried to be Artsy, 12 September 2011

The film was enjoyable but it tried too much to be artsy. The biggest problem I had was that the film jumped from one date to another without rhyme or reason. It had that quirky feel and was definitely different than a typical romantic comedy. I still felt the film lacked in consistency . The acting was fine as was the direction. 500 days represents the length of the the relationship. Ultimately what kept this film from being extraordinary was that it tried too hard to be different. I think by jumping around it confused the viewer of the film. It truly was a film worth watching but it could have been much more.

Avoid this film like the plague, 14 August 2011

I was actually embarrassed for the headline actors, Justin Timberlake and Mila Kunis. The material was not good nor were the jokes. Justin Timberlake was bad enough to begin, as usual. Mila Kunis is normally better than this. I guess she was playing down to her material and co-star. Either way the acting was horrible as was the plot and the direction. A negative trifecta. If there were any redeeming factors to the film it was the supporting actors. All of which I felt did an excellent job with the material they had to work. Patricia Clarkson, Woody Harrelson, Richard Jenkins and even Jenna Elfman, respectively. The film was predictable which is OK in this genre. Just a sloppy project in every facet. Save your time and bypass this one.

Too much on the plate, 4 May 2011

This film was basically satire. There was no real plot. The nonsensical plot lines; seemed like there were a hundred or so, just made this silly. The way this film seemed to veer, the average joe or criminal can gain super powers just by walking out the door. This was just a very silly film that was just made to bring the spiderman brand some built in bucks. The special effects were fine, thus the 2 stars. This project was an insult to my intelligence and just another disrespectful film fed to the masses with little care for the consumer. The acting was fine , though Spiderman was made into an egotistical , unlikable young man. Kirsten Dunst was whiny most of the film. Save your 2 plus hours .

All over the Place, 3 February 2011

I saw the first 2 episodes and I truly thought this show overplayed its cards. There was so much happening in these ep's that I thought I was watching a soap opera. It was like the writers were trying too hard to get peoples attention. The show itself, was not well acted , well scripted or even well directed. This was an unorganized mess that was not only silly but not believable at all. George Segal was fine as was Jessica Walters. I would only hope these fine tenured actors would not have this show being their legacy. The premise of the show was actually a good one; Middle age son moving to his parents Floridian nest to get out of the big city rat race. It was just not articulated in the proper way or with the best actors.

Wave Babes (2003) (V)
Hate Reviewing this But I Will, 24 January 2011

I must say that the actors and directors and everyone in between put their heart into this project. I saw the extras and really liked the people that did this film and the improvision. The fact that most of the people involved with this, multi-tasked , including the actors. I have to say this dreadfully, that this film was horrible. I can put my heart into playing a major league game but I will still strike out every time. My point being that every facet of this film was bad; The writing, the script, the direction, the acting, the cinematography. It was a dull movie from start to finish. 3 middle age women reliving their past at the beach , they used to hang. Old scores to settle, old friends to party along with new ones. This was simply a bad film, which brought nothing new to the table. There is no redemption from anything even remotely attached to this film. The extras are actually better than the movie itself. Enough said.

Atheism is not a disease, 13 January 2011

This was one of the most disgusting TV episodes I have ever seen. Esther meets her adopted son, who happens to be an atheist teen. Basically, This episode portrays atheism as something that is horrible and morally wrong. I thought this episode placed religion in a bad light by showing how judgmental one can be. Obviously, I did not like this episode and particularly did not care for the negative connotation placed with atheism. This could have been a wonderful episode , embracing differences not shunning them. Shame on the writers of this for this awful , hateful episode. The bright side is that the other S and S eps are much better.

Could have been an awards contender, 19 December 2010

I think it is a shame. The storyline was very deep and the twists in the film, magnificent. The acting was good and just seemed like a film that would be Oscar worthy. Now here is the problem. The film veered, in and out, from a dramatic effort to high school/college fratboy humor. This was lethal for the esteem of this film. Humor would have been fine but the over the top humor that this film resorted , did not fit the sensitive, serious nature of the film. The basic premise of the film was a womanizing,goofball pharmaceutical salesman falling in love with a young lady with some issues. I will leave this vague. I thought it was a creative , refreshing effort but the sellout to the fratboy humor I alluded, took this film from extraordinary to ordinary.

Paul Simon, Paul Simon and more Paul Simon, 29 November 2010

I wonder about this episode. I loved the first five seasons of this show , but this episode had to be the worst episode ever. It seemed to me that Lorne Michaels lost a bet to Paul Simon and had to feature him for most of this episode. Basically this episode had few comic moments and even the one funny skit with Paul Simon playing basketball with an NBAer, had Pauls music blasting. This was basically a Paul Simon concert with a number from Randy Newman and Phoebe Snow as well as Art Garfunkle doing duets with Paul. This was an atrocious episode and the only time the cast did not bow out at the end. My guess is that even they were upset at the direction of the show and refused to be a part of the final curtain. I can not say I blame them. What were they thinking or maybe not thinking at all? I do not know . Maybe Paul Simons label paid for the production of the episode to promote Pauls latest concert or record.

Page 1 of 21:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [Next]