Change Your Image
Upload An Image
Crop And Save
This was pure smart fun.
Okay. I went to the movie with some friends on my birthday. And I had a great night. Now to what I thought of it.
As usual I will point out the bad first and then the good stuff.
- The movie was a bit to long. Two and a half hours are long to sit trough. Not a major complain. But it isn't a short but sweet movie.
- There is the moment when Sherlock is 'dead' and they are crying and such. And than of course they find something to bring him back. I'm really tired of the 'Fake Deaths' from main characters. When the director does this he wants to bring more drama in the film or wants something to get a laugh from the audience. This is entirely pointless.
- There is also another death in the movie from the brother of a gypsy. This death was also pointless. We didn't care for him. He was just a throw away character in the movie. We should care about him cause he's the brother of the gypsy girl. But we never saw the person or herd he was kind or something like that. No intentions to care for his death.
- The gypsy girl was only in the movie to bring some girl power in the movie. There's nothing wrong with a women side-character but she had no purpose. She doesn't do something really important and it feels forced.
- Robert Downey Jr. and Jude Law are still perfect as Sherlock and Watson. Smart,funny and of course Bad-ass when they need to be. Great Performances.
- The parts where Moriarty and Sherlock are talking and arguing are brilliantly clever. Smart comebacks, lot of clever thinking, perfect arguments and when you watch is you're thinking you are getting smarter. These two work so good together. Because they are on the same level. They are both brilliant people. Which works really well in this movie.
- The editing and soundtrack is much much better in this movie. Less shaky flashbacks and an awesome soundtrack.
- The slow motion parts in this movie are mind blowing. Just seeing every part move in great detail is just awesome. Nothing wrong with it.
- The comedy is, as in the first movie, clever and funny. These people work really well together. Smart characters making smart jokes.
I have to say that this is a good sequel. More improvements than flaws. And with this cast and writing, the movie deserves a 8.7/10.
This was my review. Peace Off.
Sherlock Holmes (2009)
A fun,smart movie with an excellent main character.
I've just watched Sherlock Holmes for the first time and i wanted to tell what i thought of it.
I'm going to list the things i didn't like first:
- The villain (Lord Blackwood) is kinda generic and not interesting. He's not that interesting and i didn't really care for him. He was just someone who is the villain. Nothing more, nothing less.
- Some of the editing of this movie are a bit flashy and a mess during the flashbacks. It's a style that the movie takes but for me its annoying.
- The soundtrack is okay. But they use the same tune over and over again. It's a nice tune, sure. But a little bit of variation would be better.
Now the things I really liked:
- Robbert Downey Jr. is the perfect Sherlock Holmes for this movie. The best Sherlock in my opinion is Benedict Cumberbatch in the TV-series Sherlock (2010). But that's another story. Sherlock is a really smart man and Robbert plays that role perfectly. The smart-ass comeback lines are hilarious and he's sarcastic in the way only he can pull of. On at all, a great performance.
- Jude Law is a really good Watson. Trustful and when he needs to be Bad-ass. And you feel with him that he has to put op with Sherlock all the time. Great performance.
- The scene with the slowmotion fighting (the cage match) was absolutely brilliant. The phasing and the thoughts of Sherlock are awesome and smart.
- I like that this movie is a smart movie. A lot of clever (fast) dialogue and also really smart jokes. Just perfect.
All around this is a fun, smart movie. Great performances (for the most part) and really clever dialogue. It gets a 8.4/10
EDIT: After thinking about it I must lower the score from a 8.4 to a 7.9. Fun movie, but no 8.4 (;
This was my review. Peace off.
It surprised me in a good way (:
Me and my dad just went to MI:4. It's Christmas day and I want to tell what I thought of it.
First I'm going to list the things I didn't like:
-The explosions in my opinion were a bit fake. And the desert by Dubai looked really CGI. And some buildings looked like they were not there.
-The Gadgets they had where super sci-fi like. Like floating suits, floating touch screens and such. They felt a bit out of place.
These are minor issues and I'm just nitpicking with these flaws. They didn't ruin the experience or the movie.
Now the things I really liked:
-Tom Cruise was perfect in the roll. Of course he was in Mission Impossible 1-3 but he did his job really well.
-Simon Pegg was great as the 'Comedic' part. He was funny but not that it took the atmosphere out of the movie. And he is a Bad ass when he needs to be (:
-The actions scenes were amazing. The speed and filming of these scenes were exciting and sucked you into the action. Great chase scenes.
-The Dubai Tower scene was one of the most spectacular action scenes of the year. Just that he's on the highest building in the world makes the scene ten times more awesome.
-The sound of this movie was mind blowing. You must see this movie in IMAX and in the cinema. When this comes out on Blue-ray/DVD it will not feel the same.
This is an excellent Spy movie. Must see in cinemas. Not a perfect movie but a fun kick-ass action flick. I would give the movie a solid 8.5/10. But because I'm nice I will give it a 9/10. Peace Off.
This is the worst movie of Michael Bay....
Okay, first of. I really really hate this movie. So if you don't like me bashing this movie, you would not like me writing this. Btw this is my first review.
First the good things.I like the movie title, Bruce Willis is good as usual and some of the ideas are kinda good.
The Bad things.
The editing is like the camera is having a seizure. To much Micheal Bay explosions and to much bright flashes. Do not watch this movie in the dark. Your eyes will hurt.
The acting is okay. It could have been a lot better. Willis is fine but the rest could have been a lot better.
The writing and screenplay is full of crap. The 'love story' is the loveless, boring and unbelievable relationship ever! All the guys are boring and cliché. Even the Russian Guy is stupid! And I love Russian actors/characters.
The physics are so unrealistic. The thing about a small group of people taking on this meteorite is the dumbest thing ever. Just fire a missile at it! Problem solved. 141 minutes of my life spared.
And i've heard people say that it's a popcorn movie and I shouldn't hate it so much. But I despise it with all my hart. It gets the Official rating of a perfect 0/10. But I can't post that so 1/10 it is.
I wouldn't recommend this to the most idiotic person in the world. Peace off.