Change Your Image
Upload An Image
Crop And Save
Thank God for Wonder Woman.
I have been a DC fan as well as a Marvel fan since the age of 7. I grew up watching the animated series of the DC Animated Universe (DCAU) controlled by Bruce Timm. What did the DCAU (1992-2006) have that the DC Extended Universe (2013-Present) does not have at the moment? I will tell you! The DC Extended Universe does not have meticulous planning or someone like Kevin Feige to implement the universe. In other words, FOOLS RUSH IN!!!
Batman: I don't understand why people were angry at the casting of Ben Affleck. One of the many things, I liked about this version of Bruce Wayne is that the character has gone through a rough and horrific time off screen before the events in this film.
Superman: All I am going to say is that this time he showed concern for humanity as well as the damage he caused in Man Of Steel (2013) when he was fighting General Zod.
Wonder Woman: The director could have chosen any actress to play the Princess of Themyscira, but I am over the moon Snyder chose Gal Gadot to play Wonder Woman because she is not just the perfect choice, but she has had previous military training as she has served in the Israeli Army for two years. The loyalist fans will be impressed by her scenes when she arrives for the showdown with Doomsday. In addition, she WILL not only prove the critics wrong 100 percent, she will also make the hypocritical fans look like fools for saying that she does not have the physique or the talent to portray such a heroic and pivotal character. Whoever said that Gal is a skinny Prada princess (gorgeous but miscast) needs their eyes & head examined.
Lois Lane: I am sure many - along with me - adore Amy Adams as Lois Lane in this film as well as Man Of Steel. She played a pivotal role in the first film as well as a very important role in Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice and I am sure she will even play a more important role in the upcoming film adaption of Justice League as well. Amy Adams plays the Pulitzer Prize-winning reporter in a resolute, tough and persistent manner - who always seeks the ultimate scoop and story. After being saved by Superman from a near-death experience at the hands of terrorist scum, she is shaken up and takes a bath to wash away her torment. However - I like a naked woman like the many millions of men and women in this world - I do not understand why she had to be naked? What was the thought process? Did the creative team come to a conclusion that a woman who is feeling vulnerable had to be naked? Did they think that a fantastic and gorgeous woman like Amy Adams had to be naked to show the vulnerability of Lois Lane or was it just to increase the popularity of the film? I might sound cynical, but I am afraid that is the truth I believe in. If you think about it, the film is rated 12A and the scene was featured in a trailer. My point being is that Amy Adams is a beautiful and fantastic actress. She does not need to be naked to show the vulnerability of Lois Lane. And if the Man Of Steel wants to pretty much get down with Lois, isn't it fair that they both strip off?
Lex Luthor: Where do I begin with Jesse Eisenberg? I gave him the benefit of the doubt. However, after watching the film, I came to the conclusion that his character was misused and made a mockery of. He was not intimidating as a villain and he came off as an annoying bug in the room like a mosquito. Also, there was no charisma of a natural leader or any hint of the education received he to take advantage of this trait. In my opinion, the BEST performance by any actor who played Lex Luthor to the book was John Shea on Lois & Clark: The New Adventures Of Superman (1993-1997) specifically Season 1. Eisenberg should have paid homage to John Shea instead of degenerating a quintessential megalomaniac. Jesse Eisenberg? Not the best choice!!!
Doomsday: Doomsday WAS TERRIBLE. He looked similar to something from The Lord Of The Rings. He didn't utter a single word like in the animated series/films. Considering Doomsday was unlocked via the corpse of General Zod...a few words would've been great to add character depth and interaction.
* Bad Points/Worst Points
1) Flashback to Man Of Steel (2013): Bruce running towards Wayne Financial Tower was ridiculous. Okay, I get that he was calling his best friend to get out with everyone, but when the building began to crumble, it reminded me of the dark day on 9/11 and to me using such tragedy for entertainment is not just wrong but also 100% distasteful. People run away from danger and not towards it. Stupid scene 100%!
2) The fight was manipulated by Eisenberg and it did no justice for the title. What were his motivations? Why did he want the Bat and Big Blue to fight one another? Was it perverse lust? Was it because he was bored or was it just written into the film because they couldn't find a suitable reason?!
I would have given this film 5/10, however the only good thing that came from the movie has to be the arrival of Wonder Woman to the rocking theme called Is She With You. Gal Gadot nailed the role of Wonde Woman and I thank Zack Snyder for casting her! Plus, 2017 is next year and we get to see origin of Wonder Woman via the directing skills of Patty Jenkins.
What Happens in Vegas (2008)
What Happens in Vegas (05/02/2008)
What Happens in Vegas, Stays in Vegas. If you like love comedies you should see this movie.
Premise: Two strangers meet - Jack Fuller, Jr. and Joy MacNally played by Ashton Kutcher and Cameron Diaz - and have a wild time by drinking the night away, getting drunk and then becoming husband and wife. After a minor argument between the two main characters, a coin is used to win a prize $3,000,000 on a slot machine. Further arguments arise when they can't decide about the winnings and when the judge declines to grant them a divorce, they are forced to live together enduring 6 months of hell...
This movie is extremely funny. There is not a dull moment as it is very enjoyable as the actors are extremely talented in their roles especially Ashton Kutcher & Cameron Diaz as their on-screen chemistry is fantastic & appealing. The two main characters try to outwit one another and frame each other. The interaction between every character will make you laugh all the way to the end especially the interaction of the two secondary characters - Jeffrey "Hater" Lewis and Toni "Tipper" Saxson played by Rob Corddry and Lake Bell, respectively.
For me, the star of the film has to be Cameron Diaz. The reason is not because she is one of my favourite Hollywood actresses or the fact that she has a gorgeous smile as well as long, tanned beautiful legs, it is just the fact that whatever film she is in, she is the soul and the life of the party and in this film...she is the soul and life of What Happens in Vegas.
Oooooooooooh Laaaaaaaaaaaa Laaaaaaaaaaaaa and God Bless Cameron Diaz!
Ant-Man: El Hombre Hormiga (Medellín)
People I know laughed at the title and laughed at me for taking an interest in the film despite my interest in nanotechnology and the subatomic universe. However, after watching it, I can safely say that this film is the best as it is emotional on so many levels and it is hilarious and the best thing is that I have overcome my fears of ants.
When I first seen the trailer, back in November 2014, I was instantly hooked by the theme of second chances as well as the theme between a father and daughter including the trailer music. The trailer music is really uplifting and touches the soul.
I have said it so many times to myself and to people, that Marvel sure know how to please their audiences and I am proud to say that Ant- Man surpassed my expectations by making such a laughable character - to many people especially DC fans - into something enjoyable as well as fun and relatable. Marvel meticulously plan their films years before the release date and the final product is implemented perfectly.
The action scenes are amazing and there is never a dull moment in this film especially with the casting of Michael Peña as Luis - Lang's former cellmate. He is pure comedy genius in this film.
At first, when Iron Man was released, the Marvel Cinematic Universe was relatively small, but like Ant-Man, the universe has grown and it will grow beyond.
Just you DC fans wait! Batman V Superman and the DC Cinematic Universe will never ever replicate the same level of success the Marvel Cinematic Universe has achieved.
Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015)
¡Los Vengadores 2 Fue Increíble!
AT LAST, I HAVE FOUND THE TIME TO WRITE MY REVIEW FOR THIS AMAZING SEQUEL TO AVENGERS ASSEMBLE (2012).
I waited for this film ever since it was announced that a sequel was in development & the film did not disappoint me at all as everything from the CGI to the plot of the film to the interaction of each & every character was spot on especially funny & emotional. The best thing about this sequel was the fact that I did not have to pay to see the film as I won two tickets in a competition & took a friend to see Avengers: Age of Ultron.
In Age of Ultron, the team have managed to function as a team as shown in the opening scene of the film as they have tracked down one of the last HYDRA facilities after the events depicted in Captain America: The Winter Soldier. During the opening scene, the team apprehend Baron Von Strucker & hand him over to NATO, but they come across the powerful Maximoff twins ― Quicksilver & Scarlett Witch. Before holding the sceptre of Loki, Wanda Maximoff aka Scarlett Witch bewitches Tony Stark & shows him his deepest fear which in turn leads to the creation of Ultron.
Ultron states that There is only one road to peace...their (The Avengers) extinction, before attacking the team at the Avengers HeadQuarters which sets the tone of the film as well as vital parts in future Marvel films.
Age of Ultron has a lot of funny moments. Some are listed below:
1) Since their first interaction, Hawkeye & Quicksilver kept on trying to one up each other with "You didn't see that coming?" This all culminates in Hawkeye drawing back his bow, ready to shoot Quicksilver in the back. "No one would know!"
2) When the team are on their way back to HQ, Natasha asks Thor for a report on how the Hulk did on the mission not even taking into consideration his usual flare for the dramatics of battle.
* Natasha: Report on the Hulk.
* Thor: The gates of Hel are filled with the screams of his victims. The look of shame on Banner's face along with the "are you serious face" from Natasha only adds to the awkward hilarity as Thor tries to rephrase his response.
3) While investigating Strucker's hidden base, JARVIS discovered what appeared to be a dummy wall. Tony checks it out he says "Please be a secret door, please be a secret door, please be a secret door Yay!" ― Robert Downey Jr. is brilliant as Tony Stark/Iron Man with his wit & charm.
4) I really enjoyed the scene when Iron Man was repeatedly punching the Hulk saying "Go to sleep, go to sleep, go to sleep". However, the best moment during their battle came after Iron Man delivered the final punch to the Hulk, which resulted in the Hulk to turn to face Iron Man & spit out a tooth. The frightened look on Tony's face while he frighteningly utters "I'm sorry" was hilarious as I could not stop laughing & neither could the other people who were there. Game on Tony. Game on!
Avengers: Age of Ultron has an impressive cast from Elizabeth Olsen, Chris Evans, Scarlett Johansson, Anthony Mackie, Hayley Atwell, Cobie Smulders, James Spader, Samuel L. Jackson & Robert Downey Jr. as well as a cameo by the great Stan Lee.
I rate the film 8/10.
The Avengers (2012)
The Avengers (04/27/2012)
After watching the film today, I decided to review this film because I am literally on the edge of my seat for the sequel and every time I wake up for university or for work, I view all three trailers and get even more excited and emotional for the film!
I watched the film on 04/27/2012 when it was released in Scotland and for me to see all the heroes and supporting characters brought in from their respective films together into one film was dream come true for me. I always hoped for a Justice League film consisting of Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern (John Stewart), The Flash, Hawkgirl & J'onn J'onzz, but I have to admit that DC are rushing things for their cinematic universe. From the introduction to each hero to their developing relationships to the funny moments between each character and to the amazing visual affects, there is not a dull moment in this film! The Avengers is FANTASTIC!
We know who the characters are and their origins developed from the preceding films - Iron Man (2008), The Incredible Hulk (2008), Iron Man 2 (2010), Thor (2011) & Captain America: The First Avenger (2011). Seeing these superheroes uniting together to save the world in the big screen was extremely fun and boisterous.
Many fans of the superhero genre want a balance of fighting, explosions as well as intelligent scenes and Joss Whedon and Zack Penn do just that with their vision and imagination.
The scenes are entertaining and hilarious especially when the characters are interacting with one another during the film such as Captain America meeting Iron Man after the confrontation with Loki, Iron Man mocking Captain America and Thor, the chemistry with Bruce Banner is poetic in the S.H.I.E.L.D. Helicarrier conference room and finally, the scene between Thor and the Hulk is hilarious especially when Thor is sucker punched by the Hulk. Also, the scene when Iron Man thrusts the energy onto the shield of Steve Rogers to annihilate a Chitauri fleet foreshadows events in Captain America 3 or better now known as Captain America: Civil War. In addition, it's a shame that Edward Norton didn't return as Bruce Banner/Hulk, but Mark Ruffalo nailed the scenes in his first film in the role bequeathed to him by the former. Ruffalo portrays Banner in a phlegmatic manner managing to control his impeccable rage only to easily let it out when in the Hulk mode, his performance is AMAZING!!!
The best part of the movie for me would have to be the moment when Tony Stark as Iron Man introduces himself as a team player near the climax - after being lambasted by Steve Rogers/Captain America earlier - when he intercepts the missile and takes it through the wormhole toward the Chitauri fleet destroying the mother ship.
However, the stars of the film for me would have to be Robert Downey Jr. and Tom Hiddleston. Both actors are superb in their roles as Iron Man and Loki, respectively.
Marvel and DC both have a variety of rich characters and even a brilliant number of story lines, however, in my eyes, Marvel will always be number one because they have implemented their films with careful planning and precision. In the end, when it comes to Marvel Cinematic Films, you will crave for more because of its awesomeness and we all know for a fact that Marvel will up their game and will ALWAYS deliver for their loyal fan base.
X-Men: Days of Future Past (2014)
Bryan Singer & The X-Men Were Meant For Each Other
I must admit that I wasn't familiar with the X-Men universe when I watched the first film back in 2008 and I was sceptical with the rest of the film series till I seen the X-Men: Days of Future Past trailer and it really caught my eye when the trailer was released back on the 29th of October 2013. I am a huge fan of Sir Patrick Stewart as well as Sir Ian McKellen and I promised myself that I wouldn't miss this film for anything! Also, the recurring theme of alienation in Bryan Singer's films also appeals to me as it reflects real life situations such as the Israeli-Palestinian issue as well as racism in today's society and discrimination in every aspect of society.
Basically, the plot of X-Men: Days of Future Past revolves round an apocalyptic future where robotic machines known as Sentinels have exterminated most of the mutant community as well as humans who carried the mutant gene. The Sentinels were created in response to the assassination of a military scientist back in the 1970's and they were created only for one purpose - mutant annihilation. However, the Sentinels also began to target humans who carried the mutant gene which lead to an apocalyptic world. The last remaining X-Men send Wolverine back to the past to prevent the assassination which will prevent the events of the apocalyptic future.
* I absolutely loved the relationships between Professor X and Magneto (both future and past). Brilliant acting by all four of the actors especially the interaction between Sir Patrick Stewart and James McAvoy.
* I really love film and TV quotes and the quotes in this film were magnificent :-
1) Charles Xavier: I don't want your suffering, I don't want your future!
2) Professor X: So many battles waged over the years... and yet, none like this. Are we destined to destroy each other, or can we change each other and unite? Is the future truly set?
3) Erik Lehnsherr: Angel, Azazel, Emma, Banshee. Mutant brothers and sisters, all dead! Countless others, experimented on! Butchered! Where were YOU, Charles? We were supposed to protect them! Where were you when your own people needed you? Hiding! You and Hank, pretending to be something you're not! You abandoned us ALL!
* The entire soundtrack for X-Men: Days of Future Past is AMAZING! The soundtracks are really touching especially when the Sentinels have released simultaneous energy blasts to the four remaining mutants. The music playing during the first trailer really got my attention and I have synced it to my phone because in my opinion, it is emotional and to be honest I am sort of a sentimental person who loves emotional themes.
* The link for X-Men: Days of Future Past Song trailer
I don't have a problem with the adjustments made by Bryan Singer from the original films right up to X-Men: First Class. The events from the original films - X1, X2, X3, X-Men Origins: Wolverine - have been erased for the other characters BUT those events have still happened for Wolverine. I must admit that it took me a while to grasp the concept and it took me a while to decipher the scene between Wolverine and Professor X in the X Mansion as it was confusing at first, but I managed to understand it after watching that particular interaction over and over again.
Finally, I must admit that I am still not sure about X-Men: Apocalypse, but I will watch the film as it is being directed by Bryan Singer.
I thank the people who brought Bryan Singer back to direct this film. God Bless Hollywood and God Bless America! ♥
Adventure. Conspiracy. Thriller. WONDERFUL!
Captain America: The Winter Soldier is simply BRILLIANT and exceptional in every way as it delivers the best, grittiest action I have seen so far in the Marvel Cinematic Universe! Marvel sure know how to deliver their films and please their audiences!!!!!!
I have been waiting for this film since July 2011 and I am happy to say that my money was well spent! Leaving university after 4 hours of revision, I reached the cinema at 12:45pm and I was blown from the start when I seen that Chris Evans was jogging in Washington DC past the Washington Monument and the Lincoln Memorial - my two favourite tourist destinations - before being sped away by the beautiful Scarlett Johansson! The action scenes and the stunts made this film stand out from the previous films of MCU (Marvel Cinematic Universe) as they relied on CGI, but this film is a winner!
* I'm glad Marvel chose Chris Evans to lead the character of Captain America as he is doing a fantastic job bringing the character to life with his talent.
* Scarlett Johansson steals the movie as the stunning, yet deadly Black Widow. Along with her beauty, talent and training, she mesmerises the audience with her characters finesse and serious attitude.
* A shocking turn of events occurs when S.H.I.E.L.D is compromised by a past organization who threaten to complete their 70 year old ultimate sanction.
* 2 reunions and 1 is a complete shocker for The Captain!
* The speech by Captain America is truly a defining moment for him as it shows that he is ready to die for his country again and in my honest opinion, moments like that define what a true hero is meant to be.
The climax is excellent as it is almost on the same level as The Avengers climax BUT more emotional as his best friend rescues him after the Captain reminds him of a quote decades earlier. FANTASTIC!!!!
Seriously I recommend this movie 100%. My fellow students, this movie is really worth the £6.45 I paid to see. At 136 minutes there isn't a single moment where you feel bored. As for the ending of the movie...it makes you want more.
PS: Batman V Superman? Lol DC sure have their work cut out!!!!! They have got a lot of work to do if they are to replicate the success of Marvel!!!!
We're the Millers (2013)
I never miss a film which involves the magnificent and beautiful as well as talented Jennifer Aniston! I've seen all her films from Leprechaun (1993) to the present and I sure was never going to miss this belter of a film!
We have Jason Sudeikis as David - the drug dealer - who is the leader of the "family" who has to enter Mexico to pick up drugs for a wannabe drug lord played by Ed Helms. I laughed so hard when he jumped off the balcony and landed on top of the bin instead of in it.
If you really like/love Jennifer Aniston for her role as Rachel Green on FRIENDS and her other film appearances, you will really love her more in this film! Jennifer Aniston plays Rose O'Reilly - a sexy stripper - whose maternal instincts kick in when she finds a friend in Casey Mathis who is played by Emma Roberts. Personally, I really loved the stripper scenes with Jennifer Aniston who looks as hot as ever and IN MY OPINION, she is the epitome of beauty in my eyes. As the years go on, her beauty is undeniably flawless! Also, I loved the scene in the back of the plane when she prays with the "family".
We have Emma Roberts as an angry teen - known as Casey Mathis - with a big mouth. I really liked her performance in the film as she really bounced off the characters of Jennifer Aniston and Jason Sudeikis. My favourite scene involving her is when she is hugged by Kenny and she fiercely tells him to let go.
Kenny (Will Poulter) reminds me when I was a teenage guy - shy and a virgin. I can relate to him. There are two scenes I liked involving Kenny and the first scene is when he raps and the second scene I like is when he is kissed by both Emma Roberts and Jennifer Aniston! 100% LUCKY!!!!!!!!!
Overall, this film was extremely funny, very sexy and dirty. The Millers are just the perfect "family". God Bless Jennifer Aniston and Jason Sudeikis as these two actors are very funny and I'm sure Emma Roberts as well as Will Poulter will have successful careers ahead.
Peace Out Ya'll!
Thor: The Dark World (2013)
Thor: The Dark World
Marvel sure know how to up their game. This sequel is one such example. I wasn't familiar with Thor but after viewing the first film, I decided to view the second, after a university class, and I really enjoyed the film. The Marvel Cinematic Universe just keeps getting better with every film and I cannot wait for more!
* Chris Evans cameo - This was a surprising cameo as Tom Hiddleston was acting just like Chris Evans and I mean speaking exactly like Chris Evans!. Everyone in the cinema enjoyed this cameo and they, along with me, were clapping for this magnificent scene.
* Filmed in London. - It was a great decision to film in London as the previous films were more or less situated in America. Different locations are good and I like diversity.
* The music played during the funeral of Frigga was a standout for me as it was emotional as everyone in the realm of Asgard were sad to see the demise of a much loved Queen and mentor. It was such a beautiful scene and the music gets to you as it was perfect.
* I felt really sorry for Loki when he was told by an Asgardian guard about the demise of Queen Frigga. Despite everything that happened in the first Thor film and Avengers, he really loved his foster mum and it was shown when he got up and released his rage by blasting everything in the prison with his fists clenched.
* Sir Anthony Hopkins once again shows that he was the right actor chosen to portray Odin. Sentencing Loki with authority at the beginning of the film and exiling Thor in the first film were defining moments by an actor I truly admire.
* Bringing Kat Dennings back as Darcy was a master stroke as her timely comedy lines and actions balanced the action scenes as well as the heart-wrenching scenes such as the death of Frigga and the apparent demise of Loki. I love the witty personality of Kat Dennings.
* Natalie Portman...What can I say?! I absolutely love everything about her life!!! She has such a bubbly personality and is definitely cute. As for her performance in Thor 2, I loved it! I hope she will be in third film and have a part in Avengers 2. If Thor and Jane Foster go their separate ways in Avengers 2, I will never forgive Marvel for this action as I truly admire and love Natalie Portman.
Overall, I enjoyed the film and I rate the film 10/10. Performances by everyone were phenomenal. I can't wait for Captain America: The Winter Soldier.