lotsafun

Page 1 of 4:[1] [2] [3] [4] [Next]

A fun series that I enjoy on DVD, 2 July 2007

Anyone who loves fun and imaginative TV should give Space 1999 a try. The first season is similar in tone to 2001: A Space Odyssey. Season two is more like classic Doctor Who with an array of far-out aliens. It's quite a mixed bag. That's the beauty of it! Fans of rubber monsters will especially enjoy the cheesy fun of season two. I love it! Give Space 1999 a try if you are a fan of fun and imaginative TV. They just don't make 'em like this any more folks! Pop some corn, pour your favorite beverage, settle back in your favorite comfy chair, and enjoy a fun escape beyond the stars with Moon Base Alpha. It's highly watchable, charming, and fun.

a fascinating blast from the past, 16 October 2006

I just watched the four episodes of Dick Tracy available on DVD from Alpha Video. I'd read reviews of this early TV series which described it as an ultra-low budget affair and I got what I expected - and more. This is a very low budget series, but I quickly found myself hooked. The ongoing storyline from episode to episode is enjoyably addictive. I was sad when I finally reached the end of the last episode on the DVD. I wanted more. I'd love to see what happens next! Ralph Byrd is terrific as Dick Tracy. He's honest, brave, and fair. There's good chemistry between Tracy and his partner Pat too. The "live" vibe of this show is another plus. These episodes provide a fascinating glimpse at early 1950's television. I just wish there were more episodes available. We need more of this Dick Tracy TV series on DVD!

Great fun! My prayers have been answered!, 5 October 2006

Watching WALKING TALL on TV was a blast back in the early 80's. It was unfortunate that they put it up against THE LOVE BOAT which at the time was a major hit. Saturday night TV belonged to ABC which had THE LOVE BOAT at 9 pm and FANTASY ISLAND at 10pm. NBC went up against those two juggernauts with WALKING TALL at 9pm and HILL STREET BLUES at 10pm. Both NBC shows took a beating. Then WALKING TALL was canceled. HILL STREET was moved to another night and became a hit. I missed WALKING TALL for years. TV just wasn't the same without the great Bo Svenson hitting punks upside their heads with a big stick. But my prayers have been answered! WALKING TALL has been released on DVD and I couldn't be happier! Give this one a look folks! Pick this series up, pop some corn, pop the DVD in your player, grab a cool beverage, and settle back and enjoy Bufford whoopin' the crap out of the bad guys! I especially enjoy the spectacle of Bufford Pusser hittin' white supremacists with a big stick! GREAT STUFF! WALKING TALL is classic 80's TV and a helluva lot of fun on DVD!

a very enjoyable series, 10 January 2006

I have very warm memories of this short lived Nero Wolfe TV series starring William Conrad and Lee Horsley. I was a kid when this TV program aired and it really made an impact on my youthful imagination. I was hooked from the moment I first saw it. William Conrad and Lee Horsley were both highly enjoyable and made a great team. I never missed an episode and enjoyed all of them. Nero Wolfe was fun and exciting stuff! Because of the TV series I began reading the excellent Nero Wolfe stories of the great Rex Stout. I'd love to see this TV series again. Just thinking about it makes me smile! It's too bad it isn't available on DVD.

Django returns!!!, 23 November 2005

Django Strikes Again is a blast! It's a very fun and entertaining flick! Just don't go into this sequel expecting it to be a rehash of the original. It's been 20 years since the Old West era of the original Django film, but Django comes back and proves that he can still do things in his own unique, and highly violent, manner. Franco Nero returns as Django and it's great to see him back in the role. He's was cool in the original and even cooler in Strikes Again. Django has definitely gotten better with age! The machine gun is back too! Pop some corn, grab your favorite beverage, start up the DVD player, and have a blast with Django Strikes Again!

More good family fun!, 11 November 2005

I was eager to see "The Kettles on Old MacDonald's Farm" after recently watching the previous movie in the series and highly enjoying it. I'd loved the first eight Kettle flicks as a kid, but it took me several years to finally catch the ninth movie in the series ("The Kettles In The Ozarks"). I was so entertained by it that I just couldn't wait to see part ten and "The Kettles on Old MacDonald's Farm" didn't let me down! There's a different actor playing Pa Kettle, but he's a fine replacement and once again the Kettle clan delivers the goods! There really isn't a bad egg in the entire Kettle series. These movies may not be considered artistic masterpieces, but they are dang good fun!

harmless fun and very touching, 11 November 2005

Arthur 2 may just touch your heart. It touched mine. It's really a very sweet and charming film and it's unfortunate that it's so underrated. Arthur 2 made me smile, laugh, and shed more than a few happy tears. It's been said that the original Arthur didn't require a sequel, but it's a pleasure spending more time with the characters. 99% of the fantastic cast of the original returned for this one. It's especially wonderful to see more of Dudley Moore as Arthur. I love Arthur! There are plenty of funny, cute, and charming moments in Arthur 2. The moments with Hobson and Arthur at Christmastime are especially touching. I'm very happy that they made Arthur 2.

Good family fun!, 9 November 2005

I recently watched The Kettles In The Ozarks with my family and we had a wonderful time! This was the ninth movie in the Kettle series and I went in to it wondering how they were going to come up with anything novel in the ninth film of the series. Fortunately there are indeed some funny moments in this one and it's pretty darn good for a part nine. It certainly made us smile. The Kettles in the Ozarks is really an enjoyable little movie with plenty of cute, charming, and funny moments. I laughed out loud quite a few times. Pa's brother is a hoot and the inebriated animals made me almost bust a gut! No it's not an artistic masterpiece, but it is darn fun!

highly entertaining fun for the kids!, 8 November 2005

The four Sherlock Holmes movies by Hallmark are just good fun versions for kids. Don't even try to take 'em seriously folks. Don't expect them to be artistic masterpieces based on literary classics. These TV movies were made for a family audience and there's plenty of comedy for kids in these things. Frewer's Holmes must be seen to be believed! He's a hoot! He's the most eccentric Holmes EVER! Kids will love this guy! Kenneth Welsh is much more traditional in his role and he makes a very fine Watson. These Frewer Holmes flicks are sure to entertain kids and will hopefully encourage them to read more about The Master Detective. They certainly wont get bored watching any of these with the ultra-intense and comedic Frewer on the screen.

highly entertaining fun for the kids!, 8 November 2005

The four Sherlock Holmes movies by Hallmark are just good fun versions for kids. Don't even try to take 'em seriously folks. Don't expect them to be artistic masterpieces based on literary classics. These TV movies were made for a family audience and there's plenty of comedy for kids in these things. Frewer's Holmes must be seen to be believed! He's a hoot! He's the most eccentric Holmes EVER! Kids will love this guy! Kenneth Welsh is much more traditional in his role and he makes a very fine Watson. These Frewer Holmes flicks are sure to entertain the kids and will hopefully encourage them to read more about The Master Detective. They certainly wont get bored watching any of these with the ultra-intense and comedic Frewer on the screen.

Page 1 of 4:[1] [2] [3] [4] [Next]