scarrlet77

Thor (2011)
Enjoyed Immensely!, 24 October 2011

I remember checking out books on Norse mythology in middle school and reading them repeatedly. I had no idea until I met my husband that Marvel had made a comic series out of them. (Thanks, honey, for sharing your Thor comics- even if you only let me read the Simonson run... ) Anyway, I found the movie Thor very satisfying- I've watched it repeatedly, and enjoyed it with each repetition (though my husband is now sick of it!) Yes, Chris Hemsworth is hot. But he can also act, and I really felt sympathy for his character when he failed to retrieve the hammer at first (is that a spoiler to anyone still?) And the emotion about losing his father and family was believable. And I also enjoyed the portrayal of bratty 3 yr old type behavior as well... :-) So the transition when Thor finally learns his lesson was effective for me. Tom Hiddleston's Loki was very interesting, and I look forward to seeing more of him in the Avengers. I wish the movies weren't parceled out 1 per year (*sniffle*) Too long to wait.

loved it, 24 October 2011

I hope ABC sticks with it. It's been a while since I saw a series that had so much promise, and one that actually delivered on it in the pilot. Now if ABC can stick with it and nurture it, they will have something special on their hands. The acting and the story held my attention 100%.

As to those who were mourning the non-multiculturalism of the cast, may I remind you of the Brandy version of Cinderella? *shudder* Caucasian King, African American Queen does not beget Asian Prince. I imagine there will be more multiculturalism eventually, hopefully using myths or legends from other cultures, which would be the appropriate way to do it.