Reviews

138 ReviewsOrdered By: Date
What I just see...
3 November 2017
We all totally know from the trailer that this is just some homage from "Groundhog Day", but we like it. From the trailer, we know that this movie will be so interesting & we just watch it. I don't know what to say anymore, it's so good! Imagine a light sorority teen movie+slasher+g-day and it will be a total carnival. It's so fun you wish it never gonna end. Even though you maybe will feel sympathy for her but it's not as easy as you expected. 10 for a good time!

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!
1 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Chalk It Up (2016)
Light & easy sport film
5 October 2017
This movie is just like any chick lit you ever watch, except it is focusing on gymnastic. There is a smart girl as main character who is blinded by love. Her boyfriend who suddenly become bad to deliberately make way for another lover potential. It's light and easy to follow, they play this movie in safe mode all along the way aided by the whole eye-candy casts. If you just want to kill some time with some non- Nolan/cronenberg/Kubrick kind of movie. This is it.
Not funny anymore
4 October 2017
I love the first movie very much, I really want them to make the first one longer because I love every moment of that one. But this one, I don't know what they did for like 6 years and just come up with this poor sequel. I don't know what to say anymore, I don't care about a lot of swearing and whatever in the first one because I think it is fit with the situation, in this one, it looks like they just talk rubbish, they make a lot of lame gag in hope of people can laugh out of it. But it fail man, it fail. Only 1 or two jokes works for me and I just really dislike it. This sequel is totally unnecessary and just disgrace the first one.
2 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Cujo (1983)
for people who don't understand the significant of the affair
18 August 2017
I never read the novel, so my review or my comment just based on this movie only. A lot of reviewer condemn this movie because they don't see any significant about Donna's affair with the carpenter, they said that its so unnecessary and pointless for the whole movie, they also wonder why this movie was named Cujo, the crazy dog even though it have less screen time than human, which is look just like kind of subplot. So I did a bit of research about the novel, turns out that it is kind of a sequel from other novel "The Dead Zone" that will only make sense for people who have read it with everything that happened in this movie. From my point of view, I see that Donna's affair is a total sin, and she is just being punished for what she did. That's it, you understand now?
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
How to become gay in a strictly conservative family
6 August 2017
If this movie intend to be funny, it should just take my suggested title above. It have comedy genre in IMDb but I don't see any humorous scene going around, the only funny thing that I can find here is her sister's grass.

So, this movie shows about how woman like Jenny need to sacrifice for her sexual orientation choice, she have pretty conservative family, the harmless ordinary parent and she just had enough with her secretive life. She need to tell them and then all hell break loose.

I don't like the way this movie try to teach audience who maybe got the same problem to become rude with your parent just because of their love. In this movie, Jenny have been with her partner, Kitty for 5 years but she have been with her parent her whole life so why need for her to be so rude, she knows them so well, why cant she just take it easy and let them take it slow. Even though I believe its always happen nowadays, you cannot acting rude to your parent who have nurture you, love you and care so much about you since you was a child just for your 5 years love life. I don't accept her scripted move at all.

Another thing that I think was really unfair in this movie is all other heterosexual life is depicted as problematic, unhappy and everything about Jenny's life is good and happy even though her 5 years partner Kitty never really do anything to help her rather than just standing around doing nothing, her role is so selfish and this movie is too "playsafe" and quite unfair in their way to justify Jenny's action.

So, I just can say this movie is so lack of depth and we've seen it a lot in LGBT movie and I give it 2.5/5 because its just okay for one time viewing of your life. Please, don't copy Jenny's action, at all cost. Love your parent, you will surely be 100% happy. Guaranteed.
Baby Driver (2017)
Not what I expected from Edgar Wright...
25 July 2017
I love Shaun, Nick Angel, Scott Pilgrim. They are really awesome! & so funny by the way. I carry my expectation to "The World's End" and yeah, its OK. So, after all the buzz, the hype and good critics, my expectation is way too high too for this movie. Its my fault to expect a perfect movie, "Baby Driver" is just a good, cool and stylized action movie. Its OK overall, I like it. I guess this movie will appeal more well to American audience because they know all the old song that have been played in the movie. They might enjoy it better than people from other continent that's not very familiar with the song selection. I love some of the song too but in some scene I think its too much and kind of annoying when its so loud with the help of the cinema audio system. Enough said, just enjoy it, its OK. If you ask me the "stuff" that I expected from this movie. I just expect some "hot fuzz" kind of stuff. What can I do? I just love that movie very much.
1 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
a good decent straightforward classic!
23 July 2017
I watched this movie because of Aishwarya Rai, noticed this movie on my local TV channel and I just notice that Mrs. Bachchan was so beautiful in her earlier days, unlike today I guess. Turned out this movie is the film making debut of Rishi Kapoor and the only movie he ever directed until now. What can I say about this movie is I like it so much, the adventure of both character Pooja & Rohan in a foreign land is so exciting, how they experienced their daily life, fun encounter with various Indian, Pakistani & so American people, its so funny and enjoyable to watch. I love how they developed the Pooja's feeling toward Rohan, its so cute to see how Mrs. Bachchan's acting in her 20s day. This movie is just good, with a lot of Hindustani cliché that we always know. If you love 90s Hindi romance, you might like this. Enjoy!
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Kōkaku Kidōtai, "Mobile Armored Riot Police"'s hype.
10 July 2017
I never like the original anime of the Ghost in the Shell in 1995. It's because maybe I'm not a sci-fi fan and to be honest I never really adore Star Wars like other millions do. But I quite like Star Trek though. What I want to say here, I watch this movie because I like anime and manga so much,(but not GITS anime) I've watch the anime version of the Ghost in the Shell and I only give it 2/10, because I really don't got it, I don't really understand what is going on. For this live action one, I'm completely understand what is going on, the way they tried to stay faithful to the adaptation and everything. But I think, its a total cliché, we've seen a lot of sci-fi movie like this, when an AI question its creation and origin, fight back and everything. You've seen them everywhere. If they just follow the anime story closely, it will be better. I know the atmosphere in the anime is dark, but this is too dark, even though its just a light story, the atmosphere make it looks heavy. And so the background of the so- called modern city that looks really weird with all the creepy big hologram. I don't think its an adaptation, its just some "loosely based on" or "inspired by" kind of movie. Maybe you think this "sci-fi" will not work for "non-sci-fi people".But a good movie will just crash the boundary. Good luck.
6 out of 10 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
The Comedian (2016)
too long & not funny at all.
11 June 2017
I love Grandpa DeNiro, he is one of the great actor ever alongside Dwayne Johnson and Vin Diesel. But my expectation is too high from this movie, I thought it will be funny, my bad for not checking out the rating first because I don't like to do that for not spoil the mood. But yeah, Grandpa DeNiro did not fit with the role as a crude comedian. At first, I think every joke don't fit with non-American people, I'm from Asia by the way but I guess all the laugh we heard is the believable fake laugh by the hardworking extras who they paid to laugh. I agreed with other reviewer that said that this movie is lifeless, it have no soul. Its just like some dry salted fish, I never laugh at all even tho I laugh so hard with other American comedy before. Its too long & unfunny. 3* for hardworking DeNiro, Mann-Apatow & all the extras. I just don't get it. Sorry.
4 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Leokki (2016)
better than the original in comedy
20 May 2017
Anyone who have watch the original one from Japan in 2012 may like or quite dislike this remake. But me, who really love the original one really like this one too!

The original one by Kenji Uchida is perfect, its well-balanced in comedy, crime and drama with its smart story telling. This Korean version just take the main idea and change the whole story quite a bit but its really good and enjoyable. What I love the most is their focus in the comedy, even though the original one have its funny moment too, the Korean version have take the advantages of the body swap situation to make it more funny and hilarious to watch. This movie make me laughing out loud a lot. Its more lighter than the original one but I bet if you watch both, you will like all of them. Enjoy.
6 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
the best shojo manga adaptation for me!!!
15 May 2017
My review may sound a little bit bias, because I love this story so much. I've done its manga & anime and if this movie is messed up like all the previous shojo adaptation I'd watched, I will know it already but, I like it, I love it so much!

My review is suit for those who have read the manga and also have watch the anime. I cant position myself as a man who know nothing about its original source but I guess they will still like it. One thing that I gonna say is this movie is live up to my expectation!

As I said a lot of time before in my previous review about shojo manga adaptation for a lot of similar-theme movie is the plot line. Shojo manga always have 10++ volume of manga that have a lot of plot & sub- plot and it will be quite difficult for the writer to mix it all up in a limited movie duration that maybe can go as far as 2 hour of long. The big example is "Kimi Ni Todoke" which I think is too messed up and disordered. "Ore Monogatari" totally solve this main problem! How? Its easy, they just reconstruct the storyline by simplify it a bit without change the feel of the story. Take all the big moment in the manga & place it properly one by one in the story. For example, in the manga & anime, the introduction scene of Rinko who got harassed in the train is replaced with the street harassment where the culprit only run away without any hassle to go to the police station that will surely need more time to play in the movie. And so everything after that.

So, I can say that this movie works for me. I really like it, its so funny and heartwarming, maybe because I already know the whole story, I just really love to see how they dramatize the whole manga in this movie. Especially the kissing scene, it makes me burst out laughing. Only one thing disappointing me, the running scene. Looks like they cant get away from this stereotype. But its OK, its like a signature scene in many shojo movie, where the character will run to his/her love to declare their love. Overall, if you like the manga/anime, you will totally enjoy this movie! If not, you will still have the chance to love it! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!
1 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
a deep slow film... definitely not for everyone
14 May 2017
This film have a great dialogue, I mean all the things they said is not just some pointless mumbling (they talk a lot!). Its surely well-quoted from a lot of greatest philosopher, things that only a wise-bearded man can say. That's what make this movie rich, I think the plot is really interesting, but the flow is too slow, they show how the author develops his writing skill bit by bit, I mean after he done his novel, he shows to someone, got critic with a lot of powerful advice, he fix it and the process starts again. Until 1 hour finish, I cant really stand with it anymore with all the melodrama & everything. I know this is a good movie, but its definitely not for everyone. You can enjoy it if you love Hong Sang-soo and Kim Ki-Duk. With more substance...
Gongjo (2017)
a good cliché.
29 April 2017
North-South Korea relation is a popular subject in Korean cinema, every time movie like this come out, it will be surely become box office and get wide local media attention. I like Yoo Hae-Jin, he is the Korean greatest supporting actor of all time other than Oh Dal-Su, you can see his face in every big time Korean movie. Lately he got a lot of main character role, good for his career by the way.

About this movie, you've seen this a lot in Korean cinema in every movie about North Korean spy and everything. But, it still nailed you in your seat. It got a lot of comedy moment that make me laughing out loud, Yoona from the Girl Generation surely give her best as a comedy relief role. Too bad her screen time is not much. If you love suspense, Asian action comedy that to be honest is way better that U.S nowadays. You can enjoy this. Have fun!
9 out of 11 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
too slow & boring, formulaic amnesiac melodrama.
17 April 2017
I watch this movie because I'm the fan of Kim Ha-Neul, but I'm really disappointed by this movie. Why? Because we know from the start that there will be no happy ending in this movie. It will give us some heavy melodrama stuff, where the main character who just got amnesia doesn't really want to know about his past, but his past keep getting revealed bit by bit as he experiencing his daily life. That's what I call formulaic. The main character was a lawyer, have a lot of friend and everything, but somehow I feel weird why they don't want to tell him the truth, maybe they have discussed this thing before, to let him slowly know everything by himself so he will not be so shocked with the reality. The development is so slow, after 1 hour duration, I guess audience will become quite tiresome to know the truth. They could cut- out some unnecessary scene to make this story more effective, until they make us quite hate with some of the character's antic. A not-so- good movie from Kim Ha-Neul. You could watch this movie while doing some other thing. Its too slow and boring.
1 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Geunomida (2015)
over the top cliché
31 March 2017
When this movie start, I know already what will happen, even though I'm not even read the synopsis, when they show how close he is with his sister, I know that something will happen to his sister, with the rough town environment and everything. They tried to fill in some fantasy element in this movie with that psychic chick, who totally did her best with her role. But its not really mix well. I said "over the top cliché" because its same routine whodunit Korean movie that we, Korean movie buff had seen a lot of time. The same chasing around routine, the same dumb police who do not believe anyone routine. All the acting is OK, but its just so boring and quite predictable. This is like some comfort zone in Korean cinema that they need to get out of. They need to find a new genre and kill that one. Its okay if they still want to stick with this kind of story as long as they got some "not cliché" interesting tale to tell. Move on Korean cinema! We love you! The good "cliche" in 2015 that I notice is "The Accidental Detective", you need to watch this one!
Kang-chul-i (2013)
uneven storytelling of the twisted young korean
18 March 2017
Kang-cheol whose name means "iron" in Korean was once a legendary street gangster in Busan, but he put away his fists and cleaned up his act for the sake of his mother Soon-i, who has dementia. This movie starts good, with the introduction of every main character and everything, their family, their love life, their job etc. But, can you imagine when someone just got into some bloody fight that could cost his life, could he go back to his home after that, have lovey dovey moment with his girlfriend, train her to ride a motorbike and everything. Without even care at all about what just happen to himself before that. That's what make this movie a little bit weird, sometime it become some happy family movie, sometime it become some Korean gangster troupe, and suddenly it become some Korean romantic love story. They tried to put a lot of substance in one movie and they failed to balancing it properly. Make the whole movie a mess till it become too boring and too irritated to follow. Maybe first timer in Korean Cinema will like this. Enjoy.
2 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
One Night Stand (I) (2016)
this is not so bad...
14 March 2017
Finally, Sunny Leone got some decent movie for her, which is not just to only showcase her beauty, but to tell some story as well. I understand why her movie got such a low rating, because all of her movie before this is "bad", even though Indian have million of loyal Bollywood follower, they crave for a good movie, when movie like "3 Idiot" (2009), "P.K" (2014) & "Dangal"(2016) come out (I'm Aamir Khan fan!) they like them so much they even gave them a really high rating, 8.0 to 9.0 without any hesitation. I know its not fair to compare 1 Night Stand with those blockbuster, but it shows that Indian don't really care about Sunny Leone, they just want to see a good movie. Sunny Leone is the main attraction for this movie, too bad, all her previous movie left some bad impression to the audiences so they don't really want to watch her anymore. This movie, for me is quite interesting, it have some twist that's quite unexpected. Even though its cliché its not so predictable. It have some interesting moment, especially the part when Urvil is in his car with his wife, who expect that? One thing this movie lack is it have no big moment, the climax is good, but it just keep slowing down in the end, totally waste its climax buildup. Nothing "big" happen for us to hold our breath or something. That's why I called it decent. I give it 7 cuz' I like it a bit, the best movie from Sunny Leone so far.
4 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
bloody and gory tales of housewife.
11 March 2017
Looks like its been a long time since Korean did some brutal movie like what they always did in the past, especially the one that lead by a woman such as "Bedevilled" (2010) and "Sympathy for Lady Vengeance" (2005). I never read the synopsis, I know that based on the poster it looks like some horror/slasher movie but when the movie starts, Oh! its some gory black comedy, one of Korean best genre that's usually come from Park Chan Wook, one of the South Korean greatest director. So, this movie is an indie movie, a cheap budget one, but honestly, they don't look cheap at all. With a great acting, editing and cinematography whatsoever from a new director, Ahn Gooc-jin. It looks so good, its breathtaking, full of suspense and everything. You don't know what the wife will do for the sake of her beloved husband. Don't underestimate the wife. Its what I learned from this movie. A good brutal movie, enjoy it!
uneven mood of the day
5 March 2017
This story is OK, some plain romance comedy from Korea. About a girl named Soojung that have a 10 years loyal relationship with her boyfriend but one day she met a strange guy on a train and she was asked by that guy to have one night stand with him. And... you can really guess what happen next. Its a slow build up, its just use some old pickup trick element, when you keep teasing the girl for like a day without give up, they sometime lose their guard too. For a woman who have a relationship with his boyfriend for 10 years, how can she easily fall for a "coolest" guy on the train is a bit weird. We can call this movie as a little formulaic, its good at the first 1 hour but everything become cliché at the end and we really know what will happen to both character lastly. They quite fail to maintain the momentum at the end and its just become some everyday k-drama that we watch everyday on TV. You can still enjoy it but its just OK I guess.
0 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Misseu waipeu (2015)
Original Title: Miss Wife. A good heartwarming movie.
1 March 2017
You've seen movie like this a lot, its still formulaic, cliché and everything. But, if it still make you wanna watch it till the end, it still got you. Wonderful Nightmare just like any movie from the same genre that tell you about some bad people who got into some other medium that will change their life forever. We know what will happen in the end, whether the main character will change or not, but we still enjoy watching their transition. I love this movie, well-crafted film making, with some experienced korean actors, nice script and everything. I totally recommend this movie for all korean cinema lover. Even for anyone who want to try some korean cinema, this one can be quite a good start. Enjoy!
The Noise (II) (2015)
nice story, but so obviously cheap.
21 February 2017
The Noise have a lot of potential, it have a really good story even though we know that they just took a lot of inspiration of horror movies from all around the world, "Insidious" and "Supernatural" TV Series for example. Because of that, it just become somewhat cliché and quite predictable. The acting is OK, just her sister part that looks quite annoying with her forced cry and everything. The twist in the end is really good, even though we know that there is something wrong with the character from the start, we fail to notice that thing. Overall, its a nice horror movie, the only problem is, the budget is so cheap, make this high potential story wasted. If they put a lot more budget for the ghost make-up, background arrangement, mise en scène and everything. This movie will be better. I don't know why, but it just looks decent and so average. But, you still can enjoy this if you love Asian horror cinema. I gave 4 because of its cliché, average acting, and quite poor production value. Enjoy!
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
genius, mysterious & funny!
19 February 2017
Korean have done a lot of whodunit crime movie, so I guess that's why some critics call this movie cliché. For me, this movie is so funny as hell! And we cant even know who is the killer is, its so unpredictable and fun to enjoy. Someone said that its impossible for Daeman character to become a genius detective just by reading detective novel, what kind of argument is that? Do movie need to be realistic as our daily life, a great movie is the kind that show something that's not ever or unlikely to happen in our everyday life, so that's what make this movie special. An average funny joe solve a murder case, finding culprit while carrying his baby too. That's what make this movie funny and I'm laughing so hard watching this. There is some flaw but they cover it up by showing Daeman's life with his family that's so hilarious. As I said a lot of time before, this is korean movie style that you cant find in any American movie. They stick you on your sit till the end. If you love "Memories of Murder" and "The Chaser", you will love this!
The Wailing (2016)
its so good its confusing!
4 February 2017
After done watching this movie, I understand nothing but thanks for gustavopac who explain everything for me in the message board. Now I understand every scene that this genius director throwing at us. It took him 5 years to make this movie and its impossible to say that he is just creating some random scene here and there to make his movie interesting. For me, this movie is so confusing, you need to think a lot, no, I mean think hard to understand what is really going on here. I can say that this movie is the only one movie in the world that discover some new sub-genre in horror. I called it a mystic-mind- boggling-horror kind of movie. Its so creative, excellent, sneaky, weird and every word in the world that can define what is mystery is will be suit for this movie. Lately Korean cinema just keep making their same old cliché movie like what they always did in the past, (around 90's to 2010++ where people start recognize their movie that have their own interesting style) and its become so repetitive now. So, I hope this movie will set some par for other filmmaker in Korea & of course from all around the world to make a movie that's even better, or have the kind of similar feel with this one. Now!
Kueki ressha (2012)
The everyday life of a Loser...
1 February 2017
This is not his fault, this is our society's fault. You can do a lot of crime except sex-related crime, like rape and whatsoever. Your whole family will be doomed for life, because of you. The main character of this movie is the victim of the society. Maybe he chose the wrong path by keep using that "excuse" to live a pathetic life. We don't know what happen to his other family member but the whole point of the movie is to make us feel sorry for him and sometime to also feel irritated with his choice of behavior. He keep make people around him angry, keep wanted everything to going his way, his self-centered minded and a lot more. But, this movie finally teach us something to get away from all this problem. To have a dream and keep trying to realizing it. Although it looks like this movie is kind of pointless, its never boring and offer us a lot of interesting message from the life of a "loser" in high pace. Highly recommended for Japanese cinema lover!
Polis Evo (2015)
good try from Malaysia! 80s Hollywood action style!
1 February 2017
I like this movie, this is what I can say. Its totally cliché, but at least its not considered cliché at all in the scene of malaysian cinema. Its my fault to watch a lot of Hollywood action movie from 80s & 90s such as Lethal Weapon, Die Hard, Predator etc. It make me not surprised at all for everything that happen in this movie. I've seen everything. The plot is good, poor action scene/fist-fight but OK, ridiculous amount of TNT but OK etc. Some thing that bother me a lot from this movie is some poor judgment by the policeman character that supposed to be experienced and wise, when you already got caught by the villain and escape, can you come again & expect the villain to wait for you? That's the ridiculous thing that ever happen but so far this movie is good and a lot of Malaysian like it. Congratulation!