dmdmikrut74

What is the right thing to do?, 11 December 2011

This movie was great and really drew you in and kept you engaged. The acting was fluid and the story was believable. The end was a little almost too violent it didn't have to get to that extreme. While watching the movie I was asked to think about what was the right thing to do? My answer was simple stand up for you who are and what you believe in which is shown in many different times during the movie, the two brothers always arguing, the girlfriend with the child, even Mookie at some points thinks about what others around him are saying. But there is always that one second where you decide what and if you are going to do something that may change the way people see you and the way that you see your self and at the end of the movie it shows that.

One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, 7 December 2011

The first few times I watched the film I didn't like it. Then I had to read the book in high school and didn't because it was almost like the movie. But Jack Nicholson is great he adds the normal and realistic believable quality not just to this film but to many of his other films as well. The story line and the acting is portrayed very well and it's all smooth and all the characters fit together. It's a great story to show that some people in institutions may not be crazy and it just takes one person to show them all that.Louise Fletcher as Nurse Ratched was perfect and acted so well and showed that she wanted to be the one in control and as McMurphy tested her authority she began to become unnerved by the patients.

The Graduate, 6 December 2011

The movie was great! It kept me laughing and wondering what was going to happen next. Dustin Hoffman was great he was the perfect person to play Ben. Most people can relate to his feelings getting out of college and not knowing what to do and just taking life as it comes.The time lapsing in the film was done very well to show how much time had past through the months. The generation gap was present and could be seen through the parents of both families. The ending was the best. It was what you expected but then in another way it was kind of a shock back into the world they were living in. That people can also relate with because when they realize that things are not going to go as planned its like what do we do now? type of reaction.

Where the Sidewalk Ends, 17 November 2011

The film sucks you in and is a perfect example of a noir. The dark undertones and the conversations from the very first scenes. This is a good story line and shows another side of cops that people believe don't exist. Some of the scenes are slow and drag a bit but it's more of a mind movie and piecing together. Takes fade into one another and then it also looks like most of it was shot at night which gives it more of a mysterious feel. Self preservation is very well shown in the movie by Dixon because if anyone discovers what happened he is off the force. I would recommend this movie to anyone who likes the old gangster police films definitely a representation of the old Hollywood movies.

Bonnie and Clyde, 17 November 2011

The movie is just amazing it sucks you in. The story line is easy to follow and Clyde can be seen as the man every girl wants one that tells you that you deserve more than what you have why don't you two just run away and never look back. The film never had a dull moment and always left you wondering when the cops were actually going to catch up with them. Blanche was a little annoying to say the least but every gang has someone who really doesn't want to be involved but has no other choice. Bonnie at least once or twice doesn't seem interested on being on the run talking about how she wants to see her mom and family but than goes back a realizes what family does she have besides the rest of the barrow gang. The violence and language used in the film shows that it was new Hollywood and draws the audience in even more than older movies.

Little Shop of Horrors, 16 November 2011

At first I didn't know what to expect I just picked it off a list and was thinking lets see what this ones about. The way it started I wasn't quite sure what was going on and then I caught on. The movie was kept simple and with that was funny and smart. Jonathan Haze was perfect he kept the character boyish but also had a hint that he really didn't know what was going on. The plant was hilarious it made me laugh through the whole movie it was not what I expected. Myrtle Vail was the best for the scenes that she was in she added a weird mother to the movie that took the attention away from everything else that was going on in that moment. A great movie that never had a dull moment and kept me laughing through the whole hour and twelve minutes.

Psycho (1960)
Psycho, 14 November 2011

I have to say this movie kept my attention. I have seen the re make and I enjoyed seeing the first one. It had the same guess whats going to happen and be wrong that some horror films still have today. The shower scene was done well the back and fourth camera shots really was good for the effect of the killing.The woman's first nigh at the motel would have been enough to make me want to leave. The story line was believable in the sense that this could happen to anyone any place anytime. It's a classic in my eyes and I will recommend it to anyone who hasn't seen the re make or the original. I can now see watching more of Alfred Hitchcock just to see what else he has come up with.

The Killing, 14 November 2011

The movie was a good mind game taking you back to the time before the 7th race started to make sure the viewer had all the pieces needed. The story line was well put together and believable. The movie also always had a dark and dreary touch to it from the beginning which made the movie more interesting and made it move along.The commentary was a little unnecessary but also in a way helped move the movie along and helped if you really weren't sure what was going on in that moment. I definitely want to watch the movie again I feel like I missed some of the small things. But all in all a great film and not a moment was I not interested in the movie.

I'm singing and dancing in the rain, 3 November 2011

I don't normally like musicals though I haven't seen one in a while this one was enjoyable. The humor throughout the whole thing made it fun and laughable at most points. There were some serious parts but then those got turned into song and dance which again made the movie upbeat again. I used to dance so I found the dancing incredible the costumes were perfect for every scene. I can't imagine how much work was put into the movie which makes it all the more amazing. To anyone who isn't sure if they like musicals or is just looking for a film to go watch and laugh at I highly recommend this film I will definitely be watching this one again soon.

Mildred Pierce, 28 October 2011

The movie was amazing I loved it, I got lost in the mother daughter fights and all the conversations. It was interesting to find out that Veda had more tricks up her sleeve than she let on during the flash back of the past few weeks. The minor roles were cast great every person seemed to have a purpose in the film. Wally Fay was that annoying man who never gets the hint that you're not interested that every girl seems to have or know of but he kept the movie up beat and light hearted. The movie ended like I thought it would and the whole time kept you guessing who really did the crime. I would recommend the movie to anyone who likes thoughtful and well put together movies.