Miss_MiChiMi

Page 1 of 5:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [Next]

Excellent interpretation...., 9 April 2007

I had put off viewing this movie because I was sure it would be the cinematic butchery of an ingenious novel. I was wrong! I thoroughly enjoyed this film. It did follow the book, but allowed the actors interpretations of their characters to give the film a spark of life.

I was pleasantly surprised, and even impressed, with the portrayals.

For any fans of the book, I recommend this movie. This is not a case of the movie being a an insult to a great story. This project placed the characters of Adam's piece into very capable hands. The actors bring those characters created in a wonderfully witty story to life on the big screen.

If you have never read the book, you will probably be lost. Certain aspects of the movie are not explained in detail, so knowing the book will make the story more understandable. If you do not like the book, do not watch the movie.

This show was awful! Right down there with the power rangers!, 5 August 2005

I was subjected to this and other cheesy shows int he same genre thanks to having to be around younger kids at the time. I remember groaning and moaning and wishing for a quick, painless death when this was on. The dialog was cheesy, the plots were absurd, the villains looked as real as Pam Anderson's chest.

Granted, TJ Roberts was a skilled martial artist. Martial arts training DOES NOT equal thespian skills. If he ever decided to try acting again, I hope it is after some lessons.

Another Saban attack unleashed on an unsuspecting viewing audience. ICK!

Stranded (2002) (V)
OMG! Stay away from this movie! You have been warned! MAY have spoilers!, 4 August 2005

I rented this movie because I am a huge Dudikoff fan. I figured it couldn't be that bad. Boy was I wrong! At the 15 minute mark , I was begiing the others to let me rip the DVD out and fling it back to the rental store, but they refused. They swore it had to get better.

They were wrong! This movie was lacking everything. The actors delivered their lines with as much emotion as a comatose rock! The plot was ridiculous and I was offended that Hollywood assumed people were dumb enough to enjoy it. None of the characters interacted very well with each other. Ice-T gives one of his worst performances here.

After watching footage of the wrong plane, bad guys standing up to get shot, and clips being emptied and missing everything, I wanted to scream and bang my head on concrete. The movie hit its plateau of ignorance when the people on the space station used an elevator to travel. Space suits are not needed and there is gravity in space regardless of what real astronauts may say.

I didn't finish this movie and hated it. I don't want to finish this movie. This is slow suicide. I could feel my cerebral cortex planning to avenge the torture I put it through.

I can see both sides..., 20 June 2005

I do understand why some people hate this movie, while others love it. Having been a fan of the game, I was disappointed the movie veered so far from the game. The movie could have had a better developed plot, characters with more depth, and less holes creating confusion. Many aspects of the movie are less than original. The idea of a parasite attaching itself to the spinal column and manipulating the nervous system sounds an awful lot like the Puppet Masters. The mad scientist doing experiments on humans has been used too much. Tara Reid should never be cast in ANYTHING. SHE CAN'T ACT! The special effects were OK. I give them a 4 out of 10 stars.

On the plus side, I thought the Abkani civilization was a great idea. Even though I am not a Christian Slater fan, I believe he fit the part well. The movie had great action sequences and kept you wondering what would happen next. Stephen Dorff was quite convincing as a power tripping, self absorbed son of a _______.

Sit back and watch the movie as if you have never heard of the game. Listen to what is being said, even though the dialogue can be cheesy at times. Actually see the whole area. If you can do this, the movie won't be as confusing.

This movie does not deserve a 7.6..., 6 June 2005

The great action scenes and Gun Kata brought this film from a one to a four.

I am very open minded regarding all types of artistic expression. I give everything a chance. This movie, by no means, earned a 7.6. The concept was excellent, but not something that has not been seen before. There are many instances in which this movie will remind those who have read Orwell of Animal Farm and 1984. The movie relied on violence too much. There were many plot holes and being given very little background on how the world evolved from what we have "now" to the Libria of the future , there are many questions unanswered. The actors for the most part were absolutely horrible within their roles, with the exception of Sean Bean as Partridge. Christian Bale is a highly overrated actor and Taye Diggs either overplayed or underplayed his part in every scene. He just couldn't get it right.

The plot was thin and stretched the imagination beyond its limits. Without background, jumping into a future world drastically different than the one we live in basically kills the movie in the beginning, because no one understands what triggered the change and how it happened. Pass on this. It is another great idea executed poorly.

This is one of the funniest movies I've ever seen!, 5 June 2005

I saw the trailer for this and avoided it like the plague. It looked like another "Dude, Where's my Car" or something. Man, was I wrong! This movie was funny as h*ll! I haven't laughed so much at a movie in quite a long time. The stoners, the slackers, the buttoned up good girls with a bad girl inside, and many other characters are blended to create a fresh comedy. Granted, older people may not see the humor. If you don't like Cheech and Chong, Friday, Half-Baked and other movies of the sort, then this isn't for you. If you, like me, can see the humor in the movies just mentioned, then you need to rent this and have a good laugh.

I hope they do make a sequel. The chemistry between the lead characters is superb. They take the typical straight guy-lazy slacker routine, modernize it and give it a few twists. It works! These two should work together more often.

Slight Spoiler** Keep a lookout for Chris Meloni of Law and Order:SVU. He should do more comedy.

Overrated, 23 May 2005

This movie was hyped to me so much, I broke down and rented it. Several people told me repeatedly that I did not know what I was missing and needed to see this. Apparently, they think it is one of the funniest movies of all time.

I admit, this movie has it good points, but overall, it isn't good. The characters could have been used more wisely and for more comedic scenes. I would say it is watchable once and that is it.

If you want to laugh, find something else. This isn't the great movie people make it out to be. I believe people like this movie because everyone can relate to having a boss you would love to punch in the nose, that office machine that never works properly, and a job so bad you pray for natural disasters so you don't have to be tortured that day.

This movie isn't as bad as it has been portrayed here..., 27 April 2005

I remember seeing this movie late one night. There was nothing else to watch, so I gave this a shot. I was pleasantly surprised. No, it does not have a big budget, so it is not going to rival a Hollywood blockbuster. If one goes into not expecting top of the line acting, cinematography, sound, and set then one probably won't be disappointed.

This is a B movie, so expect B move quality, not Spielberg. The plot was good, Thomas Ian Griffith is underrated. His martial arts skills are actually pretty good. He is not a small man, like Van Damme or Bruce Willis, but a physically imposing specimen, like Dolph Lundgren. Thisis the first movie Iremember seeing him in and I was impressed. If you want a way to kill an hour and a half, watch it.

Oh brother!, 20 April 2005

This could have been a pretty good series. Too bad the lack of plot, the terrible acting, and the fact that no one knew what the heck was going on sent it to television oblivion. Kavelaars sounds as if she is reading an obituary aloud. Bancroft is just downright annoying in his role as Ethaniel.

I watched this for a few episodes and decided it wasn't so bad. As time went on, I decided I had been wrong. The story lines went from tolerable to preposterous.

If tooled properly this might have been a great movie. As far as being a series, well, that just was not a good idea.

I remember this movie..., 20 April 2005

And I am now suffering from post traumatic stress syndrome. This movie was horrible. It was boring, unrealistic, and the acting was dreadful. The best part of the movie was the end credits because that signaled the end of my torture.

Watching Gruner play the nice guy with moves of death and a heart of gold is wearing out its welcome. If I hear him say," I don't want to fight" one more time I will scream in frustration. He has potential, but he is picking the wrong scripts.

There were so many things in this movie I could nitpick, I would be typing for days. The worst would be Gruner blatantly plugging his own line of athletic gear. Then there is the gratuitous nudity, the requisite nosy reporter, and the bad guy wearing black. Skip this or suffer like I did.

Page 1 of 5:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [Next]