Reviews

3 ReviewsOrdered By: Date
Best of the rest - but room to improve
14 July 2011
I think this movie stayed truer to the books than any of the other movies. For the most part, it stuck to the story line, and it seems like the book really guided and formed the story, instead of being just the rough outline that it usually is.

I think fans of the book will be pleased with this movie, because being an avid reader myself, i'm very critical of book-to-screen films, and I enjoyed it.

On the other hand though, this movie drags a bit. During the middle of the film as they wander around the woods, there's an awful lot of time when they're not doing or accomplishing anything. After seeing it once, it's easy to get bored or have your mind wander.

Overall, I think this movie was the best so far in terms of staying true to the original story, and I would definitely recommend seeing it to anyone that hasn't.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Tangled (2010)
Amazing. Best New Disney Movie.
14 July 2011
I think i saw this movie five times before it even came to DVD.

This is one of the cutest, most entertaining movies of the year. It's also enjoyable for all ages, adults and children alike. Me and my mom went to buy this movie the day it came out, because thats how much we love it.

The music is catchy and fun and makes you want to see it again and again. As a bonus, the writing is hilarious. It makes you laugh out loud, no matter how many times you've seen it.

I recommend not only seeing this movie, but buying it and sharing it with everyone you know. If you haven't seen it, you're missing out.
0 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Surprisingly Funny
14 July 2011
This was my favorite of all the pirate movies. The last one I felt was way to confusing, but this one is the perfect balance of action, comedy, and dialogue.

As disappointed as I was that there was no Orlando Bloom, the acting was good and the actors well chosen. Johnny Depp never fails to deliver a good pirate performance.

The writing in this movie was much wittier than the last ones, and has you laughing out loud when you see it, no matter who you are.

This movie captures your attention from the very beginning, and keeps it until the credits role at the end. I suggest that anyone who's looking for a well made, entertaining movie, go see this one.
0 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this