agate55-102-586522

Abduction (2011/I)
OMG! Major disappointment, 26 September 2011

PROS - His abs. Really nice body (which I am guessing women over 45 liked it so much)

CONS - Everything.

In summary this movie is shocking. It did look promising for the first 5minutes but it went down hill really fast. The acting was so bad and the lines are shocking. Sigourney Weaver does her best with but like us she has trouble relating to anyone in the movie. It gets to the point that where you just wished either the bad guys with the guns or the good guys with the guns (that's the CIA... That's right pure as the driven snow) would catch the kid.

I would say get it out on DVD or download it, but I would strongly recommend saving your money and your bandwidth allocation and your time, and watch something else.... Anything else....

Beginners (2010)
Annoyed like so many others, 26 September 2011

Like others i was annoyed with the way the trailer was cut for this movie which makes it look like a great comedy/drama about a family coming to terms with a fathers decision to come out after 43 years of marriage.

It is though a tear jerker that I didn't want to see or appreciate having to pay for especially as the subject matter (cancer) is a bit too close to home for me. I reached the scene where Christopher Plummer is told he has incurable cancer and I just had to leave cinema.

If you are after a thought provoking movie that explores loss and the passage of time with a tinge of regret, then this is the movie for you. Just bring tissues...........