MikeHell

One of those..., 30 July 2013

I found this move...weird. I wasn't bored out of my head, but it was so slow that you could watch first 10 minutes, then fast forward about 1 hour, then watch the ending - because nothing was really happening in between. Maybe people who like this sort of films would enjoy it, but for me it was just a waste of time. Some may appreciate the artistic value of slow camera work, but as far as entertainment value goes - this movie had none. Acting was pretty good, but even that wasn't enough for me to enjoy this movie.

If you still want to watch it - then please do. If not, here comes a spoiler: Group of kids in Chile goes for a trip to a remote island. One of the girls develops an insomnia induced paranoia (at least that what I think it was - but it could have been any other mental problem). Finally she jumps into water, they rescue her, but as there is no medical doctor nearby they take her to a witch doctor. The girl dies (or maybe not - the ending is really weird and does not explain anything). The end.

Yawn...yawn,,,yaaaaaaawn...., 4 January 2012

"Ultimate Urban Horror" - only one thing in this tag line is correct - "urban" as it all happens in a city. Chery Tree LAne is one of the worst, pointless, slow moving films I have ever seen! Absolutely no suspense, no tension, no ... nothing! There is nothing you'd expect from a good thriller (not to mention a horror). After 30 minutes you feel like shouting at the thugs "Come on, guys, do something". It is like a 5 minutes worth of script (not very original script at that) made into 75 minutes worth of film by pointless and boring camera action and close ups. The baddies are as threatening as toothless pensioner on her way to a Bingo - she can hit you with her purse, but will ultimately do no damage. If you have 75 minutes to spare, have nothing better to do and you think watching this film might be a good idea, then ... don't! Just don't. You'd probably have more fun sliding down a banister made of razorblades into a pool of acid - which would be a preferred option to dying of boredom watching this piece of ... 'art'.