Take out the unnecessary fanservice and you got yourself a great anime, 12 November 2011

Wow, this was a fun series. This is why I like comics such as Blackest Night and movies such as Shaun of the Dead(I know it's a spoof,but still)they leave you on the edge of your seat, but your having a fun time. The characters are well developed. My favorite characters have to be Takashi, Rei, and Kohta. My least favorite characters has to be Saya and Shizuka. Saya seems like a spoiled brat, but over time she developeds and I start to like her a little more, but Shizuka comes off as the stereotypical blonde who is dumb and is just their for hert looks. (I don't know how she became a nurse in the first place) Some complaints I have with the series is some things that we never get to know. Like will they get to see their parents alive, did Saya's parents make it out alive, what caused this zombie outbreak, etc. And don't get me started on the fanservice. Dear God, sometimes the fanservice just got in the way of the story. Like if something bad happen, the mood would be ruined by pointless. Really, you have a good story, why use fanservice? From some sources I heard that the artists draws hentai, so I shouldn't be surprised. Overall this would've been great, if only it had more episodes and NOT A lot OF FANSERVICE!! As I said in my review on Ikki Tosen I don't mind fanservice as long as its not in your face and doesn't get in the way of the story.

Batman: Year One (2011) (V)
Mainly focuses on Gordan than Batman, 12 November 2011

Now I'll be honest I didn't read Frank Miller's Batman: Year One. So I really wish I read the comic before I saw the movie, but then again I did it with All-Star Superman and I liked it. Overall this one pretty god. The animation is good, the story is great. Not to sound like a Bat-fanboy( I'm more of a Green Lantern one), but why does this focus more on Lt. Gordan than Batman? Someone tell me, does the comic also focuses on Gordan than Batman? And Catwoman really was just there. I mean she really didn't serve any purpose in the film. Is she also in the Year One comic as well? Overall its not as great Under the Red Hood, but it is a good story and I do admit I did like Gordan, and what he was going through. Overall, if your a die hard Batman fan who really wants to see Batman this really isn't for you.

Yeah...this doesn't hold out, 10 November 2011

Hey, remember when you were a kid and you liked something, but as you got older you realized its not as great as you remember? Well this is the situation with me. Wow, this really bad. That's all I gotta say. I mean except for Storm Shadow, all the villains were just silly especially Cobra Commander. Yes, even more ridiculous than the 80s cartoon version. The Joes were okay, except for Beachhead. I mean my God he was horrible. In the original cartoon, Beachhead was a tough as nails soldier who was angered very easily, this version sounds like some surfer dude. Overall what can I say that no one else said. Its just bad a bad incarnation of GI JOE.

Marmaduke (2010)
Someone put this dog to sleep, 19 October 2011

I really didn't want to watch this movie, but my little sister forced me to watch, and we agreed that if 30 minutes into this movie it sucks then I can leave. As you expect I left at the 30 minute mark. Wow, this movie was just awful. How can you take a comic strip like Marmaduke and turn it into this piece of crap!? Really Hollywood? Were you this desperate? You mix the whole outsider teenage movie with a talking animal movie, both that been done to death. Add a many pop culture references and unlikeable characters? I mean why Marmaduke? A newspaper comic strip with one panel where it's just a great dane who just does stupid things, but in a cute in funny way. This is neither funny or cute. Its a piece of dog crap. (Pund intended) And I'm from Pennyslvania so this is also insults our state dog.

One of the most overrated of the Godzilla franchise, 29 August 2011

I'm sorry, but people give this film to much credit. While its not the best or the worst, its okay. For me I don't see why. For me this is another way for Japan of saying we are still angry about World War II since the Americans are bad actors and seem stupid (The reference to Steven Spielberg and Terminator was just pointless) And the aliens from the future are Caucasian who want to destroy Japan. And I've seen both the English and Japanese versions and the English version is just bad.

Now despite my complaints I have good things to say about the movie. Such as the fight scenes between Godzilla vs King Ghidorah are just awesome. But to be honest I like the original King Ghidorah better than the Heisei version. And the music is just great. I know in all my reviews of Japanese monster movies I always compliment Akira Ifukube for his music and here its great as ever. I actually like Mecha-King Ghidorah in this. It was awesome and it did something new with King Ghidorah. Overall this movie wasn't bad, but I think this movie is overrated with Godzilla fans.

It grows on you and its for kids, 18 August 2011

You know when I first saw this show, I thought it sucked. I thought Marvel jumped the shark again. But as time went by I started to like it and I realize its for kids. When I see a kid getting into comics thanks to the cartoons, it puts a smile on my face, hoping I see new comic book readers and its great that kids can recognize these characters. Heck, my four year old nephew and his cousin love the show so much. I love that they actually use underrated characters like Falcon,Silver Surfer, and Ms.Marvel as main characters in the show, but to be honest its not as great as Batman: Brave and the Bold, while being campy and aiming toward kids, it actually does the comics justice, this really doesen't. But I don't mind.

Overall it may not be for you, but it's for kids and you know this was used to market the toyline. So yeah you may not like this show because fart and booger jokes, but hey this came out when I was kid I would've loved it.

I realize why Varan isn't that popular among kaiju fans, 15 August 2011

Before I saw this movie, I was very interested in Varan. The monster seemed kinda cool and I realized he wasn't that popular among monster fans and I wondered why Toho didn't used him more. After watching the movie I see why. This movie was just boring, I mean the characters were just shallow, and it really didn't do much for me. This is really not one of Ishiro Honda's best films, however its not his worst. But as I said its just boring. Other than gliding, Varan isn't really an interesting monster and I wished they used him more in other Toho films, but I see why they didn't. The only good thing is that Akira Ifukube once again is great as the composer. The music in this is great and the music was actually used in future Godzilla films. Overall while I think the monster shouldn't been forgotten, this movie is very forgettable.

A great telling of the Green Lantern Corps, 14 August 2011

I love the Green Lantern Corps. When I read the comics I see a great space adventure, that get me excited although they need to get better artist for the books. This does a great job doing that. It explains the Green Lantern Corps history. We see the six different Lantern's stories to the audience and to one of my favorite Green Lantern, Arisia Rrab. While I think this could've been a sequel to Green Lantern: First Flight, it works well as it's own film. The animation is great and like I said I do like the stories. This was very great, and I hope to see more Green Lantern animated movies. In fact this was actually better than the live action Green Lantern movie. But I must say, although I disagree with DC editor Dan Didio, but I agree with him on how the Sinestro Corps War should get it's own movie and I agree.

The reason why I love Captain America, 14 August 2011

Next to Spider-Man, Captain America is my favorite character in Marvel comics. At fist I had low expectations, but I was shocked. This movie reminded me on why I love Captain America so much. The character is as iconic as Superman. Someone you can look up to. He was once the little guy, now being the big guy standing up for the little guy. He's willing to sacrifice his life in order to save millions and that is why I love Captain America.

This movie did a great job of development Steve Rogers. At first I was suspicious about Bucky and Cap being childhood friends since Bucky was between 16-19 in the comics, but here it works because when he falls of the train and we assume he's dead, you feel Steve's pain. Hayley Atwell is great as Peggy Carter. We see that she is willing to fight and can kick some butt. Tommy Lee Jones is hilarious as Col. Phillips. I'm glad they added the Howling Commandos, they were just awesome. Hugo Weaving did a great job as Red Skull and didn't tell much about his origin. I know some people complain about that, but remember the Joker from the Dark Knight when they didn't tell much about his origin and made him more interesting.

Overall this was a great movie. This beats the 1990 film by a longshot and I cannot wait for the Avengers movie. In closing this review here's the Captain America theme song.

"When Captain America throws his mighty shield. Let all those who choose to oppose his shield must yield. If he's led to a fight and duel is due then the red and the white and the blue will come true. When Captain America throws might shield"!!

Awesome!, 5 August 2011

I love Plastic Man. He's a fun superhero. And when I saw this TV pilot, I began to love the character even more. What I heard Johnny Test was chosen over this. I really wish cartoon network would choose this instead of Johnny Test because this was just awesome! Plastic Man can be interesting concept for a cartoon. And his rouges gallery isn't not well known, both to the general public and comic book fans so you can just make one up. Overall this was great. This was very funny and I couldn't stop laughing until the end. I really wish this became a series, because this could've put Plastic Man into the general public and made a popular superhero like Superman and Batman. Tom Kenny is amazing as Plastic Man it's a good thing they kept him in Batman: Brave and the bold.